Master list of performed and rehearsed songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Electric co it is, look in the "Friday March 18 - any rehearsals?" thread.

Has anyone added up the amount of all of these songs? :shocked:

I'm about to make a revised version of this list.

Here's a revised version. Have I forgotten anything? If you plan on adding anything, please be definite that something has been rehearsed, not just 'I think I remember reading ...'

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
The Ocean
The Electric Co.

OCTOBER
Gloria

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun
Please

ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
New York

HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
Whole album, including Fast Cars.

Total = FIFTY-SIX.

:crack:

And we have more than 1 week to go till the first show. It's like a jungle, looking at more and more songs popping up!

Here's a thought...

On the Rolling Stones' last tour, they played a mix of stadiums, arenas, and clubs. On the arena dates (which were the majority of the tour), the band designated each show an "album night" -- meaning that one night would be "Exile on Main St.", so in the middle of the show, they'd play 3 or 4 songs in a row from that album. The next night could be "Let It Bleed" -- again, 3/4 songs from that show in a row.

Any chance U2 is prepping to do something similar? I wouldn't bet money on it, but reading about the rather expansive list of songs (some of which haven't been played in ages) that they've been rehearsing from older albums like "Boy," "Joshua Tree," and "Achtung Baby," it made me stop and think. And, if you really want to stretch it, Willie said in his diary that the spirit of "Zoo Tv," "Popmart," etc, would be present in the tour....

A longshot, but fun to think about...

jon_lemire said:
Here's a thought...

On the Rolling Stones' last tour, they played a mix of stadiums, arenas, and clubs. On the arena dates (which were the majority of the tour), the band designated each show an "album night" -- meaning that one night would be "Exile on Main St.", so in the middle of the show, they'd play 3 or 4 songs in a row from that album. The next night could be "Let It Bleed" -- again, 3/4 songs from that show in a row.

Any chance U2 is prepping to do something similar? I wouldn't bet money on it, but reading about the rather expansive list of songs (some of which haven't been played in ages) that they've been rehearsing from older albums like "Boy," "Joshua Tree," and "Achtung Baby," it made me stop and think. And, if you really want to stretch it, Willie said in his diary that the spirit of "Zoo Tv," "Popmart," etc, would be present in the tour....

A longshot, but fun to think about...

I've been saying all along that U2 had an eye on what the Rolling Stones did on their last tour. I don't think U2 would do a album theme each night like the Stones did but from the reports we've been getting it looks like U2 will mix it up a bit more than in tours past.

I thought "Wire" was going to be an added intro / effect to "Vertigo" I read that somewhere.

Man... this is amazing...

If they played Zoo Station, Lemon, The Fly, Staring at the Sun, and Please on the show(s) I go to... I would be a happy man.

The total of rehearsed songs now goes to fifty-seven with the practising of Surrender in Vancouver. I'd also like to point out that with the exclusion of TTTYAATW, all of Achtung Baby that was regularly played live has been rehearsed or rumoured.

Hey Axver you are on here alot. Just before I went to work you were on and That was twelve hours ago. Addicted to the blue crack eh?:wink:

Bono's Betty said:
Hey Axver you are on here alot. Just before I went to work you were on and That was twelve hours ago. Addicted to the blue crack eh?:wink:

Hah, yeah. I don't have a job right now and I don't begin university until February 2006, so I'm on here a lot. It's bedtime now, though! So I'll be off here for about nine hours.

i mentioned this in another thread but yesterday i was at GM place and i heard some messing around by edge and i heard "surrender" in its entirety.

they will practice about 50-60 songs i bet, but i am sure about 30 will make it into the set at each show. i did notice that most cities have a couple of days between them. so the band can really give it and have a few days to rest before the next one.

if anyone is coming to vancouver, let me know and i can show you around the city.

hank

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
With them (supposedly) rehearsing half of Boy, I'm surpised that The Electric Co hasn't come up at all . . .

It has now - it's on a revision of the master list somewhere in this thread.

Axver said:
Here's a revised version. Have I forgotten anything? If you plan on adding anything, please be definite that something has been rehearsed, not just 'I think I remember reading ...'

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
The Ocean
The Electric Co.

OCTOBER
Gloria

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun
Please

Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
New York

Whole album, including Fast Cars.

Total = FIFTY-SIX.

October(the song) was rumored too, in the same supposed setlist as Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

djerdap said:

October(the song) was rumored too, in the same supposed setlist as Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Thanks! I thought it had been rumoured but I couldn't remember if it was or if it just appeared in fantasy setlists.

Fifty-eight songs now with the addition of October and Surrender.

I really doubt they will play 50% of these songs. It would be great hearing rarities like Electric Co., An Cat Dubh, Zoo Station, but I don't think it will happen.
I just fear there will be major disappointment on these boards after the San Diego setlist comes up. So, I'm saying that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high.

djerdap said:
I really doubt they will play 50% of these songs. It would be great hearing rarities like Electric Co., An Cat Dubh, Zoo Station, but I don't think it will happen.
I just fear there will be major disappointment on these boards after the San Diego setlist comes up. So, I'm saying that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high.

I refuse to be pessimistic. And I will give it at least 5 or 6 shows before I decide if I'm disappointed or not.

Chizip said:
im just sad more pop and zooropa hasnt been rehearsed

Dude, I'll take what I can get from those records(which I think are brilliant), especially if they actually play a lot of this rarer stuff.

djerdap - I'm sure you're right, but at the same time, opening night isn't going to be indictative of the whole tour at all. I mean, lots of things changed over the course of Elevation, with some things being taken out, added, maybe only once or twice. Of course they're not going to play all of those rarities every night.

I'll just be happy to know that some of these songs are being resurrected! It'll be cool when the tour is over to have all the shows on CD and however many on DVD as such a comprehensive look at their career over one tour, assuming a lot of this stuff gets played!

id rather hear rarer stuff from pop/zooropa then boy

id love to see

dirty day
zooropa
first time
daddys gonna pay
even babyface

and

last night on earth
do you feel loved
mofo
even miami or even playboy mansion

before songs like the ocean, or surrender, or a celebration

im sure its gonna be great either way, i guess i just prefer 90's u2 to early 80s u2

Last edited:
Alright, I'm trying to sort out the rumours that we have by noting whether they have been played, rehearsed in Vancouver, or rumoured/rehearsed elsewhere. Multiple notation is not required - performed live gets preference over Vancouver and Vancouver gets preference over anything else. The following is off the top of my head and I'm uncertain about a few of these. Once this list is complete and accurate, I'll post another thread before the public rehearsal on the 26th.

Bold = played live already
Italics = rehearsed in Vancouver
Plain text = rehearsed/rumoured elsewhere

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart

Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
The Ocean
The Electric Co.

OCTOBER
Gloria
October

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Surrender

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways

Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun
Please

Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

Kite
New York

ATYCLB-TO-HTDAAB
The Hands That Built America

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You

A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh
Fast Cars

Total = FIFTY-NINE

Last edited:
BB Mac said:
when was WIRE rehearsed?

cheers BB Mac

It was a complete rumor posted by someone on Zootopia (or was it here, I dont remember for sure) that said they were the friend of a friend that knew Dallas Schoo. "Supposedly" it was done in studio rehearsal prior to Vancouver. Take that one with a grain of salt. Alot of the supposed Mexico lists are VERY unsubstantiated.

Sure its possible, especially given some of the unusual stuff done in Vancouver. The fact that they didnt rehearse half the stuff listed from the "supposed" Mexico rehearsal tells me it was either false OR they dont plan to play alot of those songs and were just messing around with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom