Love And Peace will join the ranks of U2's great openers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm at the moment I rank from JT tour onwards...

1.Zoo Station
2.Streets
3.Mofo/Elevation
4.LAPOE
5.COBL
6.Beautiful Day (for the several times it was used...I hate Beautiful Day early.)

LAPOE shouldnt be the opener. Its a highlight of the show that should be left for later.

Sken said:
LAPOE shouldnt be the opener. Its a highlight of the show that should be left for later.

It's also a perfect feed in, both musically and thematically, to Sunday Bloody Sunday. Worked great in Phoenix that way.

timothius said:
Hmmm at the moment I rank from JT tour onwards...

1.Zoo Station
2.Streets
3.Mofo/Elevation
4.LAPOE
5.COBL
6.Beautiful Day (for the several times it was used...I hate Beautiful Day early.)

Beautiful day opened on just one date!

from the concerts I've attended:
1. Streets
2. Zoo Station
3. 11 O' clock Tick Tock
4. Stand By Me
5. C'mon Everybody
6. Elevation
7. Mofo (I like the song, but sound guys were clueless and I couldn't even hear Bono's vocals throughout the entire song)

Love and Peace - good opener
City of Blinding Lights - another good opener, although LAPOE seems more suitable for the theme.

Both LAPOE and COBL suck at being openers. The first has no drive and stops to much, the other is Where the streets wannabe but not quit. It might help both LAPOE and COBL if there was a killer intro helping to pump up the crowd. Compared to Popmuzik and the Elevation remix Everyone sucks.

IMHO the best openers of yore were Where the Streets, Mofo and Elevation. They had a great intro building up excitement and slam bam, thank you mam, they hit you like a 10 ton truck and you were in the zone. Zoo Station deserves honerable mentioning, especially on the Zooropa tourleg with that merciless fascist drumbeat and ode to joy, but it petered out after the intro.

Back
Top Bottom