Lemon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Found this on U2star.com forum... Some rehearsal rumors for all the Lemon lovers(one of the best U2 songs ever).

hey guys, i´ve received a mail from a member of U2.com and he said someone has discovered what Bono did in mexico last week... read it... it´s interesting....

"I am not sure in the hotel, I think is costa mesa, I will confirm
with my friend later today.All the staff at the Fox studios were told they will be fired if they disclose this info.
Vh1 also shooted an special show, I think is gonna be "spotlight on U2" that will air on march 19.
My friend was able to see Edge and Larry having lunch at the
restaurant inside the studios and Bono on his dressing rooms
checking some polaroid pix of him -probably trying his wardrobe for the tour."

"After my friend was done with his duties, he and the rest of the
guys stayed outside the studio listening to U2 playing live and
trying the set list for the upcoming shows."

U2 spent 10 days in Rosarito, Baja Calfornia, Mexico (across the
border from San Diego)working on the rehersals of the upcoming
tour.

They worked at the Fox Baja Studios in Rosarito.

An inside contact, confirmed this to me last saturday, the last
day the spend there.

They even stayed at a local hotel in Rosarito, for Bono's room
they had to install everything new, specially the carpet- to keep Bono safe from his allergies.

U2 rehearsed the whole new album and old songs. One of the old songs they worked on was LEMON.

They were taken to San Diego on saturday to fly to Vancouver for
the final "on stage" rehersal of the new show.

Local newspaper La Cronica de Baja California showed Bono with a Fan last week, while he was at Ensenada (60 mins from Rosarito).

I wouldn't mind hearing "Lemon" again. With all the rumors we received so far it seems U2 is very adamant about pulling some tunes from the vault.

All these rumours flying around are very interesting!

I'm looking forward to seeing if they are true. One can only hope they are! Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Ultra Violet, Love Is Blindness, Lemon ...!

To be honest, all this is confusing ... one minute they're rehearsing Wire, Unforgettable fire and Exit, the next it's Ultraviolet and Who's gonna ride your wild horses and Love is blindness and now Lemon.

Are they pulling 80's songs out or are they going back for the 90's songs?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
To be honest, all this is confusing ... one minute they're rehearsing Wire, Unforgettable fire and Exit, the next it's Ultraviolet and Who's gonna ride your wild horses and Love is blindness and now Lemon.

My opinion: someone's full of shit. Right now, we just don't know who. The best part would be if none of them are and we're going to see a lot of material on this tour.

or if all of them were and u2's going to be playing 30 song setlists.

that would solve their catalogue problems.

It would certainly be nice if U2 found it within themselves to have more than 30 songs at the ready, even if they only play 23 per night.

I love these guys and will enjoy whatever they do, but remember... many, many, many bands have huge catalogs that they draw from randomly on a nightly basis. Some bands have no setlist. Others draw it up that night. Others have set spots in the list and rotating or random slots for other songs.

And not every song has to be a big, visual production number accompanied by videos and screens and bellydancers. U2's stage/lighting crew are professionals who should be able to work with spur-of-the-moment decisions... or rehearse stuff in advance, and then be able to say "hey, the band is going to throw 'Lemon' in, so everybody do #34 on your list." It's not that hard, given the abilities (and salaries) of everyone involved.

U2 has such an impressive catalog; they should do it greater honor by re-learning, re-visioning and re-performing something beyond "the hits."

broken toy said:
It would certainly be nice if U2 found it within themselves to have more than 30 songs at the ready, even if they only play 23 per night.

I love these guys and will enjoy whatever they do, but remember... many, many, many bands have huge catalogs that they draw from randomly on a nightly basis. Some bands have no setlist. Others draw it up that night. Others have set spots in the list and rotating or random slots for other songs.

And not every song has to be a big, visual production number accompanied by videos and screens and bellydancers. U2's stage/lighting crew are professionals who should be able to work with spur-of-the-moment decisions... or rehearse stuff in advance, and then be able to say "hey, the band is going to throw 'Lemon' in, so everybody do #34 on your list." It's not that hard, given the abilities (and salaries) of everyone involved.

U2 has such an impressive catalog; they should do it greater honor by re-learning, re-visioning and re-performing something beyond "the hits."

:up: I agree with everything you just said.

You know, it would be kind of cool if Lemon got the new treatment much like how the intro to the Fly was on the Elevation Tour. The song is great as is of course. It would be a real treat to reinvent one of these older songs.

Okay, pass the joint! :wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Could Bono's voice really cope with Lemon these days? Or would we see Edge taking on the higher notes do u think?

Edge will sing some modified lines ...

And these are the days when Bono's voice has come assunder
And these are the days when Bono sings something other ...

As much as Iwould want to hear Lemon, if they're gonna suprise us with something, I'd rather it was something different. But that's just me.

What would you rather hear - Leomon or Hawkmoon 269?
Lemon or Exit?
Lemon or Acrobat (haha)?
Lemon or One Tree Hill?
Lemon or God II?

I'd take any of the other songs mentioned above before Lemon.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lemon a lot, and if they bust it out, I'll be doing my awful falsetto with the rest of you.:wink:

Lemon and Acrobat for sure......

I wish U2 would do like The Cure..... have at least 50 songs ready to be played and mix up every night..... that is a real pleasure!!!!

Yahweh_OMG said:
Lemon and Acrobat for sure......

I wish U2 would do like The Cure..... have at least 50 songs ready to be played and mix up every night..... that is a real pleasure!!!!

That would be nice. I think U2 will mix it up a little this tour. Not like Pearl Jam or anything, but I could see 3-5 songs being moved around. They know the Stones did it last tour and thats one band U2 looks at in high regard as far as tour standards.

I'm with Numb1075. Lots of things I'd pick personally over Lemon... but I will applaud ANY steps the band takes to be different and unpredictable.

yeah mix it up baby! hope U2 won't be that lazy again. they should use a pool of about 50 songs for the tour. do the stones trick that will satisfy the fans. and they should do the pearl jam trick and release all these shows on extra cds. the royalities of these cds they should donate for africa. yeah this would be great.

bring on ACROBAT, EXIT, LEMOOON, DIRTY DAY, WIRE, MOFO and all the other rockers!

Last edited:
broken toy said:

Let's not forget the rumors of live shows being posted for download on itunes. If they're going to post multiple shows, wouldn't those shows need to vary a bit? There's really only a small amount of people who would purchase shows that are almost identical...:hmm:

U2dork said:
Let's not forget the rumors of live shows being posted for download on itunes./B]

I really hope if they do this that they offer a lossless version. I'd buy bunches in a heartbeat (if the shows were somewhat distinct) if I wasn't getting a squished down, lossy product. I won't hold my breath for that either.

You know, it would be kind of cool if Lemon got the new treatment much like how the intro to the Fly was on the Elevation Tour. The song is great as is of course. It would be a real treat to reinvent one of these older songs.

I was thinking the exact same thing. They could totally rework this song and make way heavier on the guitars. I think it has great unrealized potential. the old live version was too true to the album version which was very limiting in a live setting. they need to completely strip it down and rebuild it into a showstopper of a tune. This could be a huge highlight.

We will see if it even happens at all.

nobody reads this

U2girl said:

My opinion: someone's full of shit. Right now, we just don't know who. The best part would be if none of them are and we're going to see a lot of material on this tour.

Can't you see it?

the big strategy for this Vertigo Tour, this HTDAAB promocional tour is... not play a single HTDAAB song :wink:

I can picture them playing Vertigo and nothing else

:yes:

:rockon:

:|

Back
Top Bottom