I've been told on good authority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emt2005

Babyface
The setlist for the tour this year is going to be a two part show. In the first half they are going to play Atomic Bomb from beginning to end and then in the second half they are going to do a greatest hits. Awesome or what?

"what"

Don't get me wrong. I like the new album but don't want every track to be played every night. And especially all after each other. I really hope they vary set lists a lot on this tour.

I think Larry Mullen might have a problem with that idea. U2 becomes a jukebox? Aaaaargh! :drool:

They will probably do the setlist like Zoo Tv most new songs in the beginning, then acoustic set, and greatest hits with a couple of new ones I think it's a good idea

Wow. I hope that's not true.

There's a world of difference between the Achtung Baby song cycle and the collected songs of HTDAAB. And even on Zoo TV, they didn't just play the album.

What's most exciting about the new material is how they can work it alongside older material and bring out new meanings and intensify our experience of the songs. If it's just the new album followed by "best of," that's a serious disappointment.

Frankly, I don't think this will happen.

Now, if they played a real two-set show, with a 30-min. or so break in the middle, so they could play closer to 3 hours total, that would be great. But since they've already announced an opening act, I doubt they'll go that route either.

Comparing it to Zoo Tv made me like the idea a bit more. Although I dont think they shud do all of the songs off the album at one gig. But doing the majority of the new ones at the start is cool and saving the hits till the later part :)

I would think they would mix up HTDAAB with some high energy songs from other albums...at least that's what I'd prefer.

I don't want to see this..........a third of the set TOPS should be the new material.......frankly, there's really only five tracks on the new album that I want to hear in concert (but I'm sure "Crumbs" and "Original" will be staples)......I could just stay home and listen to the album all of the way through if I wanted to.....it's a good release, but it's no masterpiece, and I think a lot of fans would be disappointed that a lot of classic tracks wouldn't have time to be included.

I don't see this happening either. They're gonna go Zoo TV on us again. Playing about 8 or 9 songs off new album, mostly in the beginning of the set and then throw in the staples like Bad, Streets, BD, Pride etc. And without a doubt, there will be a suprise or two just like Pop Mart where they busted out with HMTMKMKM....no one saw that coming. So I envision a suprise or two like Electric Co, In God's Country, or Gloria.

People before have stated they would like entire albums to be played like this ... and now that someone claims it might be happening, everyone starts whining? There's no pleasing some people on Interference.

Personally, I like the idea. It will be something U2 have never done before with their setlists and it will be a total change in pattern. I hope they do it.

there's no way they will play the whole album first. reminds me of a kid showing up at school not having done his homework...just slap it together. the early part of the tour will have most of the new album at the beginning to remind us why we're there...then as the tour goes on, the show will get a little more polished up as they find out where the new material can best bounce off and the older material...

I sure hope they shake it up a bit from show to show. Love surprises!

Wont happen....U2 are the kings of making memorable transitions between songs on different albums and really getting the crowd into it by doing that....I dont mind seeing a lot of new material but not all in order mix it up.

I want to hear every song on the new album.
It must be more exciting (and passionate) for the band to play their new stuff.

The difference between this and Pink FLoyd with DSOTM was that Dark Side was a solid concept album that functions best as a whole piece. Atomic Bomb on the other hand...not so much. So, while I think they might go the Zoo TV route with the setlists, I highly doubt they will play the entire album every night.

Not bad, but I hate that "greatest hits" part. 8 songs from The Bomb would be great and then some hits and 5 or 6 surprises like The Electric Co., Exit, Ultra Violet, Love is Blindness and Dirty Day! Streets, Bullet, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Until the End of the World, Stay, Gone, Beautiful Day and Bad could fulfill the greatest hits part.

I MUST hear Gloria - what is the problem with playing that song?!?!?!????
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :huh:

i hope they never play the whole HTDAAB!! I like about the half of album,but it definitely doesn't fit to a ROCK concert!!! They would have to do a little bit of Boy, UF, Joshua(yeah!),Achtung Baby and of coures,Kite! Plus Zoo TV performance would be nice..

If they're gonna play a whole album, it should be Achtung Baby. That seems to flow the best as an entire album, while HTDAAB doesn't do that quite as well. Unfortunately, this isn't 1992, so that's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom