Is this U2's most Beatlesque set ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Main Set:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day / Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (snippet)
Original Of The Species / Norwegian Wood (snippet)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Help

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Instant Karma
Yahweh

Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Norwegian Wood, Help and Instant Karma!

That's 4 Beatles related songs in one concert. Does anyone (Axver? :wink:) know if this is the largest number of Beatles songs U2 have ever gone into during a show?

Considering only Norwegian Wood and Instant Karma were really played properly, this is on the level with JT Tour sets with Help and Helter Skelter.

Ax, you're boring. At least without you i could live in ignorance and force myself to found the answer. But in the same time thanks because i can now play games more.:wink: :wink:

Niceman said:
Well, snippets ARE worth something...have we ever had two full songs PLUS two snippets?

Have we ever had three songs?

Hm. Depends what was snippeted during Bad, really. If you get Norwegian Wood and another Beatles snippet, then there's an equal set, but I'm too lazy to look up and see if that's happened, heh.

joerags said:
Add Running to Stand Still.

:huh:

Instant Karma is not really a Beatles song. :nerd:

Axver said:
Considering only Norwegian Wood and Instant Karma were really played properly, this is on the level with JT Tour sets with Help and Helter Skelter.
Was Norwegian Wood played entirely like Instant Karma? :ohmy:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Was Norwegian Wood played entirely like Instant Karma? :ohmy:

I believe Bono played and sung the majority of it solo. Not quite sure if he sung every single line, but it sounds pretty much like how he did songs such as So Cruel or AIWIY on the third leg of ZooTV from what I've read.

Are you guys sure that Edge wasn't playing on NW, too, because I just downloaded it, and it sounds like there are two guitars....?

The reports from people there were that Bono played it solo with just a single spotlight on him ... :shrug:

Axver said:

I believe Bono played and sung the majority of it solo. Not quite sure if he sung every single line, but it sounds pretty much like how he did songs such as So Cruel or AIWIY on the third leg of ZooTV from what I've read.
Sweet. Can't wait to listen to it! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom