Is Edge Late in Vertigo on 3-28 San Diego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Listen to the bootleg carefully.... after Bono yells "uno, dos, tres, catorce", I immediately hear Larry's bass come in but Edge's guitar only comes in after that... is this on purpose? Or he was simply late?

Just trying to understand the little things of the greatest band in the world.

:huh:

I think he probably started playing but had not stepped on his pedal or something to turn on th sound. He probably started playing, noticed nothing was happenning and quickly triggered his pedal. First night mistakes I imagine.

He should have just let Adam and Larry keep going for a whole step before starting...then it would have sounded intentional!

Speaking of Vertigo, has Bono ever hit the bridge where he sings, " I can feel your love"? His timing always seems to be off. The only time i remember was at the BBC carpark, but that was with the backing track.

you can sorta hear the guitar before it switches on ... my guess is that what we heard for the split second was the monitors on stage, it took a second for Dallas Shoo or whoever else to switch his guitar to the main speakers ... could be wrong but that is my take! a first night mistakes nevertheless

:ohmy: Are you saying that the boys aren't really playing on stage? That someone is playing down in the control room????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
Listen to the bootleg carefully.... after Bono yells "uno, dos, tres, catorce", I immediately hear Larry's bass come in but Edge's guitar only comes in after that... is this on purpose? Or he was simply late?

Just trying to understand the little things of the greatest band in the world.

:huh:

Yea I caught that too man, its almost as if he forgot to turn up the volume knob on his guitar. Hey, it happens!

neilm said:
To be honest it sounds like a bit of a foot pedal cock up to me...either or though, yep it was late!!!

At first I thought his volumepedal was off but after a few listens, he's late indeed...I've had that same problems a couple of times..thank God most of the time it was during recordingsessions lol

Back
Top Bottom