I never thought I'd say it, but bring back WALK ON!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I wouldn't mind hearing Walk On starting to close the rest of the legs. Better than hearing Vertigo twice.

joerags said:
How is this song not being played on the tour?? It's bad enough they didn't put it on the Best of 1990-2000.

Walk On was released in 2001. That's why it's not on the Best of 1990-2000. (BD was released in Sept. '00 just before ATYCLB was released in Nov. '00.)

...everybody here would suggest at least another 50 tunes, U2 "should/must/could" play live in concert. You can't satisfy everybody obviously, but: The setlists are great these days - and you get a snippet of "Walk On", too. So just enjoy!

MTEdge said:

Walk On was released in 2001. That's why it's not on the Best of 1990-2000. (BD was released in Sept. '00 just before ATYCLB was released in Nov. '00.)
and Electrical Storm was released 2002

Stuck in a Moment was released in 2001 January!
I don`t know why it`s on the best of too?

Cheers Friends ,

Mauwer

ZOOTVTOURist said:
...everybody here would suggest at least another 50 tunes, U2 "should/must/could" play live in concert. You can't satisfy everybody obviously, but: The setlists are great these days - and you get a snippet of "Walk On", too. So just enjoy!

snippets aren't songs :angry:

Walk On should close the main set, then have 40 and occassionally Bad/40 close the encore.

SBS-->Please-->Running-->Streets-->One-->Walk On

:drool: Bad works well after Running, too. U2 wouldn't do the ZooTV RTSS segue into Streets, but I can't think of what else should come before Streets instead, since U2 doesn't repeat segues. Please was the best though!!

@AtomicBono
There you go: "Snippets aren't songs" - again I'm overwhelmed by this news. Your only mistake: I've never mentioned the contrary. So, what I did point out: When you miss "Walk On", you can sing along to that tune at the moment in the gigs - and that is fine.
Another point: Your encore "SBS-->Please-->Running-->Streets-->One-->Walk On... then '40' or Bad/'40'" doesn't look that excellent to me. Because I like the "Sunday/Bullet/Running" part in the middle of the current show very much; it is musically perfect - including a short "Please" snippet (*very big smile*)- and a highly impressive performance by Bono. As it is the "Pride/Streets/One plus possible snippet", too - great moments of community, energy, sound and vision put together. It is fine, that this is not the end, but there are several more songs to follow. Your One-Walk On segue is something, we had the last tour - and it did move me less than the current closers: with a rocking "ABOY", the beautiful, prayer-like "Yahweh" leading to near silence - and the reprise with an even harder "Vertigo" for encore coming to full circle. And, when you're very, very lucky, you might get another closer, too. So, sorry, but I disagree with completely ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:
@AtomicBono
There you go: "Snippets aren't songs" - again I'm overwhelmed by this news. Your only mistake: I've never mentioned the contrary. So, what I did point out: When you miss "Walk On", you can sing along to that tune at the moment in the gigs - and that is fine.
Another point: Your encore "SBS-->Please-->Running-->Streets-->One-->Walk On... then '40' or Bad/'40'" doesn't look that excellent to me. Because I like the "Sunday/Bullet/Running" part in the middle of the current show very much; it is musically perfect - including a short "Please" snippet (*very big smile*)- and a highly impressive performance by Bono. As it is the "Pride/Streets/One plus possible snippet", too - great moments of community, energy, sound and vision put together. It is fine, that this is not the end, but there are several more songs to follow. Your One-Walk On segue is something, we had the last tour - and it did move me less than the current closers: with a rocking "ABOY", the beautiful, prayer-like "Yahweh" leading to near silence - and the reprise with an even harder "Vertigo" for encore coming to full circle. And, when you're very, very lucky, you might get another closer, too. So, sorry, but I disagree with completely ...

my point is having Bono sing one or two lines of a song is not the same experience as hearing the song actually done so it's kind of pointless to tell the people who wish U2 would bring back Walk On "oh well you get a snippet to sing along to." Yeah that's nice and all but how would you feel if U2 decided to just do snippets of One and Streets, instead of playing the whole songs? Obviously not the same effect. As for Please, that's gotta be the shortest snippet I've ever heard. It's cool but live that song is so powerful, a million times better than this tour's overdone Bullet. Plus Please fits in perfectly with the political themes of LAPOE, SBS, and Bullet, so replacing Bullet with Please would make sense. I'm sure if you looked around these forums you'd find plenty of people that would agree. As for Pride, I myself find that song to be OVERPLAYED. I enjoyed it at the concert, of course, but I wouldn't shed a single tear if U2 put Pride on the shelf for awhile, in fact I'd probably jump for joy.

By the way, it wasn't an encore. I said Walk On should close the main set, as in before the encores - not the entire set. I said 40 or Bad/40 should close the entire show, after the other encores (the Zoo set, ABOY, Original or Yahweh). Though I don't mind Vertigo closing, I do think if they're gonna close with it, they need to drop it from the beginning of the setlist. But we've had plenty of discussion about that already.

They should play this song anyways. It's better than beautiful day and elevation plus i wouldn't mind him getting rid of vertigo twice.

Nisse said:

and Electrical Storm was released 2002

Correct, but as a method to market the new "Best of 1990-2000" collection much like they did for Best of 1980-1990 and the remake of The Sweetest Thing.

I bet Stuck in A Moment , Elevation and Walk On will all be on the Best Of 2001 - 2010.

Along with Vertigo , SYCMIOYO , COBL and the 4th single whatever that will be?
Maybe All Because Of You????

So that`s 7 or 8 tracks , they`ll have to release one more album before 2010 to get it to 12 tracks along with two new songs that makes the 3rd Best Of 14 tracks or so:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. offcourse this has nothing to do with the thread but this might sum up the speculation on why Walk On wasn`t on the last Best Of.

I'm sorry but "Vertigo" twice is a huge copout............while I was at the San Jose shows and enjoyed "40" as the closer, it's slightly less exhilirating than a live version of "Walk On"............"Walk On" and "Stuck", are, I believe the only songs listed on that sheet with pretty much everything they've practiced that the band hasn't performed on this tour.......granted, they did the piano "Stuck" thing on the rehearsal night and it didn't fly too well............here's hoping though that "Walk On" springs up as the closer on the third leg............or hey, maybe they could add it into the whole Pride/Streets/One medley as it thematically gels with it....

I am pretty surprised this song has yet to make an appearance. For all U2's backtracking on POP, they actually brought back a good amount of POP songs on the Elevation tour--Discotheque, SATS, Gone (which fed into the whole theme of the tour better than any other song), Please (on leg 3), and even some Wake Up Dead Man, as seen on the Slane DVD. You'd think with all the praise ATYCLB got they would be playing more songs from it:shrug:

Mauwer said:
I bet Stuck in A Moment , Elevation and Walk On will all be on the Best Of 2001 - 2010.

Wow, we all must be oblivious to the greatness of Stuck if it's good enough to make TWO Best Ofs!

Mmmm......"Walk On" is their best track since "The Fly"............:drool: God, I hope this one comes back. Ditch the "Miracle Drug" - easily the low point of both shows I attended.

Haha...your right Axver about Stuck.

Man I had such a hangover when I posted last time I forgot it was on the last Best Of.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom