I guess we WILL get A Man and A Woman...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niceman said:

Guarantee? No.

Make WAY more likely? Absolutely!

It means they haven't lost interest in the song entirely...

Lost interest? Hmm, I dunno, Adam said it was one of his favorites off the new album. Edge also.

As long as the bass is intact live.

I don't wanna be a dick, because it's obvious that a number of people would love to hear the song live...and I respect those desires...

But I just don't get it.

If U2 plays "A Man and a Woman" during a show which I attend, I will simply leave. If everybody loves the bassline so much, then just go listen to "Endless Deep," a song which I think is not only infinitely better, but the song from which the bassline/bass-hook was lifted. It's just me, but I hate "A Man and a Woman" like I hate Dashboard Confessional--with passionate, overwhelming zeal.

If you shout... said:
I don't wanna be a dick, because it's obvious that a number of people would love to hear the song live...and I respect those desires...

But I just don't get it.

If U2 plays "A Man and a Woman" during a show which I attend, I will simply leave. If everybody loves the bassline so much, then just go listen to "Endless Deep," a song which I think is not only infinitely better, but the song from which the bassline/bass-hook was lifted. It's just me, but I hate "A Man and a Woman" like I hate Dashboard Confessional--with passionate, overwhelming zeal.

You're a dick.

:wink:

If you shout... said:

But I just don't get it.

you will leave because they played a song you dont want to hear? wow talk about selfish

"no i want to play up front, no your in goal, oh ok i am going home then"

KUEFC09U2 said:
you will leave because they played a song you dont want to hear? wow talk about selfish

"no i want to play up front, no your in goal, oh ok i am going home then"

Chill out, holmes.

I guess I was unclear--I wouldn't leave the show, but I would leave...I dunno what...the seating area...? I'd just hang out elsewhere; if I actually left the show, I admit that I would be a magnificently stupid person. I wish I could spend this kind of money, not get anything out of it, and just not bat an eyelash, but that is anything but the case.

To clarify, though, this is not just "a song don't want to hear." I think it is far and away the worst song the band has ever recorded. That's obviously just my opinion and I'm not saying that you're an idiot if you like the song, but I FUCKING HATE IT. I think that the band has recorded some assy songs over the years, but this is the only one which would drive me to the bathroom.

It's got a redeeming quality as a song (the bassline) for me, but like I said: it's not an "original" bassline.

In conclusion, I'm not selfish (nor am I a dick, U2Man :wink:). I'm just somebody who doesn't like a song.

You seem very passionate about HATING something from I'm guessing your Favorite band . You talk about leaving if they play it --good , your making more room in your row for others to enjoy it . Get movin' bro'

scott hannah said:
You seem very passionate about HATING something from I'm guessing your Favorite band . You talk about leaving if they play it --good , your making more room in your row for others to enjoy it . Get movin' bro'

Relax, three-post. They didn't play it at any of the five shows I've seen this year. I'm all set.

Still shocking to me, the often knee-jerk reactions to somebody (me, in this case) being passionately logical, fair, and opinionated at the same time.

And don't worry--85% of the people at these shows aren't there because they're Interferencers or ginormous U2 fans. I might make more room in the row for five minutes, but nobody would need it. Nearly everybody would be sitting down, anyway, you know? That's how the shows roll. I'm up during "Miss Sarajevo" along with all the other super-fans, but the other 85% of the crowd is going, "What the FUCK...??? Why aren't they playing "New Year's Day" or something....?"

But, yeah. I hate a single song by a band with dozens and dozens and dozens of them under its collective belt. Big deal...? Hardly.

Isn't the only thing that this song has going for it the bassline?

I can't remember, it's been a while since I wasted the four minutes and thirty seconds it would take to listen to it...

thrillme said:

Lost interest? Hmm, I dunno, Adam said it was one of his favorites off the new album. Edge also.

As long as the bass is intact live.

I long ago learned that while U2 is far and away my favorite band, their musical taste sucks. :p

I'd love to hear AMAAW live. It really is one of my favorites from the new album.

I can easily do without One Step Closer, however.

knox said:

I long ago learned that while U2 is far and away my favorite band, their musical taste sucks. :p

I know it doesn't matter in the bigger picture of things (like u2 are playing in my area next week), but does the above quote make sense?

I for one love "A Man and A Woman" and would be very happy to hear it live.

I don't mind A Man and A Woman as a song (although I don't think it belongs on HTDAAB at all), but I vote :down: on it being in the set because that tune live would be a major momentum killer.

Back
Top Bottom