How come they dont play electrical storm live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really understand why it hasn't been played. At the moment, it holds the distinction of the only U2 single never played live.

I think it would be cool live...its a pretty high song though, maybe its difficult for B Man to sing. Or maybe they just don't like it.

thelaj said:
I think it would be cool live...its a pretty high song though, maybe its difficult for B Man to sing. Or maybe they just don't like it.

It's easier to sing than several of the songs that consistently made the Vertigo set (Sometimes, Pitnol, Miss Sarajevo).

My guess...is that they can't find a place for it. Could you tell me where Electrical Storm would work in the current set (arena or stadium)?

T

^ "Electrical Storm" could take the place of "Miracle Drug"/"Original Of The Species"......or it could've been played instead of "Crumbs" at a few shows.

As for Pop/Zooropa, "Discotheque" is the only song they played this year that I would count from those two albums (and they played that, like what, twice?). "The First Time" just isn't all that experimental in the slightest......

I would love to hear Electrical Storm, as it is an amazing song and one of my favourite U2 songs. I am a singer and the only truely hard part in it is that mighty HighA that Bono belts in the 3rd Pre-Chorus... and it is pretty hard. But it is not much different than him singing the big opera note in the bridge of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own".

I can sing it... and i am maybe 2% the singer Bono is.

The falsetto in the chorus would sound beautiful with The Edge backing up.

Bono could do it.

BigMacPhisto said:
^ "Electrical Storm" could take the place of "Miracle Drug"/"Original Of The Species"......or it could've been played instead of "Crumbs" at a few shows.

As for Pop/Zooropa, "Discotheque" is the only song they played this year that I would count from those two albums (and they played that, like what, twice?). "The First Time" just isn't all that experimental in the slightest......

:scratch: So because you dont like The First Time and its not experimental enough for you it doesnt count as being played? :eyebrow: I certainly count it, Bono sang the whole song, its not like it was a snippet or something.

Opening to Encore 2

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways/With or Without You

Electrical Storm/All Because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

ponkine said:
How come they don´t play any Pop and Zooropa live :sad:

:huh:

The First Time and The Wanderer were both played live for the first time ever this tour! The First Time was played pretty frequently at one point during the third leg too, bringing up a total of twenty performances. Then there's Discotheque, which was played twice, and Mofo's been soundchecked, so maybe it'll appear on the fourth leg. And from the same era as Zooropa and Pop, you have Miss Sarajevo, one of the twenty most played songs this tour!

It has been soundchecked but maybe the band don't think that it works well enough live to consider putting it into a set. That's my guess anyway. It's an ok song but I'd much prefer to hear them play something else!

Last edited:
It hasn't been soundchecked per say, only Edge working out some acoustic guitar riffs. I guess they can't quite be bothered to figure out how to play it since both versions contain 2 guitars

IMHO there was just no place for it on the setlist and the outro is a bit weak. Its all nice and cool on the intro, verse and chorus, but when the outro kicks in the song has lost me.

Rolling Stone: What are your favorite songs?

BONO: "Stay," "Miss Sarajevo," which we recorded with Luciano Pavarotti. "Until the End of the World," "Vertigo," "Beautiful Day," "Electrical Storm." There's another obscure one called "Your Blue Room," on the Passengers album, which really haunts me. The work in the Eighties is at a very high level melodically, really strong stuff. But all I hear is unfinished lyrics.

Foudn this quote earlier and thought it was interesting

hopefully they will pull this one out for the 4th leg, if not... well ill be forced to pull it out myself at some point :wink:

lol yes i did mean pull out the song....

but now that you have made the sexual inuendo..... perhaps ill pull something else out for the boys, you know as a bit of a surprise :wink:

jks lol no man is ever going to see the little fella!

it takes a brave man to admit his member is "a little fella"

kudos.

I'm sure Bono can figure out how to play chords on an electric guitar. I'd love to see him up there with a Strat. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom