How about STAY???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynthor

The Fly
Would you people agree with the insertion of Stay (Faraway, So Close!) in the setlist???

Personaly, I think this would be a great move to make variety in the setlist (it kicked asses in the Elevation Tour!!!). :bump:

mirrorballman said:
oh well, always nice to hear, but (as you said), we already had it last tour around. so its not something i'd go crazy bout :)

i agree

when they play lemon and daddys gonna pay... is when im gonna go crazy

I'll always welcome Stay...personally I'd love for them to bring back the full-band version :drool:

but when it comes to stuff I want from Zooropa (besides The First Time!!), I'm hoping for Dirty Day and Lemon.

yeah, if they do another snoozefest acoustic version I'm not really interested. Compare what you saw on Elevation to the Sydney ZooTV performance. Not. Even. Close.

If Lemon ever returned I think half of the people on this website would just die of sheer joy. It would be a glorious day indeed. But do they have the balls to try it?

lazarus said:

If Lemon ever returned I think half of the people on this website would just die of sheer joy. It would be a glorious day indeed. But do they have the balls to try it?

id say there is better than a 50% chance :shifty:

Dear U2,

Please never ruin one of your most beautiful songs by watering it down into an acoustic meander through the Land Of Boring ever again.

Sincerely,
Someone Who Wouldn't Mind Hearing An Electric Full Band Stay

That`s right indeed!!!!

I always fall half asleep when I watch Stay from the Boston Elevation dvd.
Don`t even get me started on Desire:wink:

Bring back the Lovetown version of Desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And while we`re at it throw All Along The Watchtower after it:drool: :drool: :drool:

Always feel blessed having seen both songs on the 2 Lovetown shows I`ve seen.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Stay full band forever haha!!!!!

ANYTHING at the expense of WOWY would be a blessing at this point. I'll be tarred at feathered for this, but I'd rather hear A Man and a Woman just to see if it gets any better live.

WOWY has always been a "headphones" track for me. And the extra lines don't make a damn bit of difference. I wonder why people make such a big deal out of it, because rhyming "summer night" and "winter light" is just painfully awful.

Stay from Sydney just sends chills up my spine. The sweat pouring off Bono's head, as he stands in amazement at the crowd singing at the end. The little move he does with his guitar for the final rimshot. If they can capture one half of that vibe they will leave everyone on the biggest high imaginable.

It's the inverse of Dylan 1966. All we need is for someone to shout out "Judas" as The Edge strums the opening chords of 'Stay' on his acoustic guitar.
I enjoy both versions. I'm biStayual you might say.

INDY500 said:

I enjoy both versions. I'm biStayual you might say.

:lmao:

I enjoy both versions too, but I mainly like the acoustic versions for Bono's crazy speeches. He'd talk about how they recorded in Berlin and were "just kinda floating out there" and wrote some beautiful songs and all this stuff, and also add really random things at the end like "it's really fucking cold there" or "if you put a p on arty you get party, isn't that neat."

But other than that, yeah, full-band all the WAY!

I Like the quote

'Stay's one of the most beautiful songs we've ever been given

You see, the best songs are given to us.

The good ones we write ourselves.

The crap ones we co-write'

Back
Top Bottom