Hey Axver - Question/Error on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I was just browsing around U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and I noticed something - I don't know if it's an error or if there's a reason, but in the Tour Stats section, in the list of most played songs, the number next to some of the songs in that list doesn't always match the number given in the 'this song has been played at the following x shows' line after you click on that song in any given setlist.

For example, in the Tour Stats list, it says I Will Follow has been played 697 times, but if you click on I Will Follow in any given setlist, it says 664. For Pride, Tour Stats list is 679, after clicking on it in a setlist, 677. Streets and NYD also don't match. Et al.

Is there a reason for this?

This isn't an error but it's something unobvious that could easily trip people up. I honestly don't know how to make this more obvious but I'm open to suggestions

Basically, the Amount Of Times Played List counts how many times U2 have actually played the song live. As it says:

"Song Title" (x times played)

This is the overall total including instances of a song being played multiple times in one show.

HOWEVER, when you go to the song's name, it gives the amount of SHOWS the song has been played at and a list of them. As it says above the date list:

"This song has been played at the following x shows:"

This does not take into account whether or not a song was played more than once at a show.

So here's a simple example. Crumbs was played once today, but let's say it's played twice in Milwaukee. On the Amount Of Times Played List, it will read:

Crumbs From Your Table (3 times played)

But when you go to its page, it'll read:

This song has been played at the following 2 shows:

2005-09-23, Minneapolis
2005-09-25, Milwaukee

And if you go to Milwaukee's setlist, it'll display Crumbs's double listing.

Make sense now? I hope it does!

Instead of "This song has been played at the following 2 shows:", you could have "This song has been played 3 times at the following 2 shows:". But only if the two numbers are different, because it'd be dumb otherwise.

typhoon said:
Instead of "This song has been played at the following 2 shows:", you could have "This song has been played 3 times at the following 2 shows:". But only if the two numbers are different, because it'd be dumb otherwise.

Sounds like a good idea. Unless anyone else comes up with something better, I'll put that to the other guy who runs the site - he's the one who does all the coding, I'm just the fellow who memorised half the bloody place.

Back
Top Bottom