Full Orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Encore Break - Full Orchestra sets up

OOTS
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
If You Wear that Velvet Dress - Orchestra leaves
40 (or some other good closer)

That would be so great and awesome!
Jools Holland's version of velvet dress is so bad ass it should have a warning. :drool: :combust:

Thanks for the link Chizip!

Last edited:
Chizip said:
Remember how they used the full orchestra for OOTS?

Wouldn't it be sweet if they had a travelling orchestra accompany them on tour to do that for OOTS at every show. Then, they could stay on stage and play the Jools Holland version of If You wear that Velvet Dress!!!!

How sweet would that be??

Oh, and then they could follow that with Two Shots of Happy and One Shot of Sad!!!!!!

Holy Cow that would be amazing. It would be like the BB King part of Lovetown, this would be the orchestra part of Vertigo.

Encore Break - Full Orchestra sets up

OOTS
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
If You Wear that Velvet Dress - Orchestra leaves
40 (or some other good closer)

:drool:

I think it'd be sweet if they just did an entire show with an orchestra just like Metallica did.:drool:

edge.jpg

Funny - I had a dream the other night that I was seeing U2 at one of the Boston shows, and when they came out for the encore, the Boston Pops joined them.

That would be incredible.

One w/ full orchestra like the Pavarotti and Friends version would be killer

Queen Bee said:
Guys, we'll have to take this into our own hands if U2 don't incorporate a traveling orchestra to the third leg. I say we form our own orchestra and raid the stage every night during the encore breaks. I can play the violin so I'll take charge of the violin section. We need some violists and cellists to fill up the rest of string section and possibly some percussion players to really take this plan off the ground. Now to plan how we'll sneak in our instruments past security :hmm:

I can ... uh ... tap a box. Hurrah percussion!

Great idea... that would rule. I'd like to see them do a big tv special with their hits "reworked" including an orchestra.

OMGZORz.

Do you think Please would sound good full orchesra? How about Yaweh or Ultraviolet?

Think of Miami and The Fly full orchestra :rockon:

Chizip said:
the ground beneath your feet could be amazing too :drool:

Yeah...that would sound:drool: with an orchestra!!!!
I always thought the begining of the studio version sounded like a bad midi-file:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. How about One Tree Hill with orchestra? , it could sound cool!

Original Of The Species
One
Drowning Man
Miss Sarajevo
The Unforgettable Fire

Original of the Species
The Unforgettable Fire
Miss Sarajevo
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Red Hill Mining Town

The last time U2 used many more musicians on stage, it came close to breaking up the band..

I remember an interview with Larry talking about the amount of people on stage during the Lovetown tour, saying something alongs the lines of, that one day he just thought woah - what the hell is going on here - we're losing what we're all about. He said that if things didnt go back to basics that would be the end of the road for U2.

They went away and came back with AB

Chizip said:
HMTMKMKM with an orchestra :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

One, a la the Milan Pavarotti & Friends version (best version IMO). It'd be a good way to inject some life into a dying song.

Back
Top Bottom