Full band rehearsal of One tree hill !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/article331.html

Please note the second paragraph...

U2tour.de has a member at the show, and they also said the song was rehearsed by full band, twice. Also, the Melbourne show is apparently filmed. The show started later due to extensive checkup on the videowalls.

:hyper:

Last edited:
Zooropean103 said:
I'm afraid Axver will pass away!

Heh, you may not be too wrong.

Due to feeling a bit sick, I didn't actually turn up at the Dome until 7:15pm, so I missed the soundcheck. I'm not actually sad about that though, as I would rather hear One Tree Hill live for the first time in concert.

Then again, maybe they'll soundcheck it tomorrow. I'm feeling better now, so I'll probably queue for a while and hear the soundcheck.

jonnytakeawalk said:
whats it being filmed for??
I hope this will be a 2nd Vertigo tour dvd.

Forget Milan get in Melbourne, far more different songs and Bono's voice is much much better.

Axver said:

Heh, you may not be too wrong.

Due to feeling a bit sick, I didn't actually turn up at the Dome until 7:15pm, so I missed the soundcheck. I'm not actually sad about that though, as I would rather hear One Tree Hill live for the first time in concert.

Then again, maybe they'll soundcheck it tomorrow. I'm feeling better now, so I'll probably queue for a while and hear the soundcheck.
reptile and I were sat outside the Dome this arvo listening to soundcheck and lemme tell you, we got very excited listening to One Tree Hill, full band run through twice and we thought of you Axver, we looked out for you but I'm sorry to hear you weren't there.

It was fucking brilliant!!!!!:drool:

jonnytakeawalk said:
whats it being filmed for??

According to U2place.com rumours, it seems the show will be a part of that IMAX 3d movie we read about, which will be using mostly S. American shows footage.
:hmm:

damn. i guess it would be too much to hope for a broadcast then.

Last edited:
Wow, looks like OTH might actually get played. I guess all we have to worry about now, is whether or not the band is satisfied with how it sounds.

:up: That is good news. I figured they would do One Tree Hill in New Zealand but I was obviously very skeptical they would do a full band version. Odds are pretty good now I think. Lets hope it gets done and doesnt end up like Mothers Of The Disappeared did on this tour. They supposedly rehearsed a full band version of that in Mexico also, but obviously opted for the acoustic version.

Interesting they are rehearsing this. But what about Windows? If they were planning to play it soon they would start working on it. Still a possibility after what Dallas supposedly indicated. At least this tour will be interesting as it winds down.

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:

reptile and I were sat outside the Dome this arvo listening to soundcheck and lemme tell you, we got very excited listening to One Tree Hill, full band run through twice and we thought of you Axver, we looked out for you but I'm sorry to hear you weren't there.

It was fucking brilliant!!!!!:drool:

Nice! Did you guys notice if anyone was taping?

Blue Room said:

Interesting they are rehearsing this. But what about Windows? If they were planning to play it soon they would start working on it. Still a possibility after what Dallas supposedly indicated. At least this tour will be interesting as it winds down.

Yeah, I'm curious about Window, too. They're supposedly filming a video for it in Melbourne on Monday. Perhaps that will get it in their system enough to want to play it before tour's end.

I nearly had a heart attack when they did that little bit of it at Oakland last year. I can't imagine hearing it full band!

Fucking finally! I really, really hope that thye play both One Tree Hill and Window In The Skies! They deserve to be played live! I don't care about OOTS live anymore, it's boring.

Lets hope it gets done and doesnt end up like Mothers Of The Disappeared did on this tour. They supposedly rehearsed a full band version of that in Mexico also, but obviously opted for the acoustic version.
why oh whyyy:sad:

They played One Tree Hill about 3 times in full during soundcheck. They also played Original Of The Species and Walk On but none appeared in tonights show..One Tree Hill sounded great. Bono pinned it with his vocal..I love that song

Axver said:

Hey Axver, We got there about 3.30-4 and just as we walked onto the concourse they started One Tree Hill! I couldn't believe it - words cannot describe how wonderful it sounded ringing out over the stadium walls. :drool: Bono's voice was just fantastic last night. Couldn't fault it.

Immediately thought of you and hoped they would play it. Oh well, maybe tonight :) fingers crossed

all i can say is 'One tree hill' what a song!!!

its gotta be in the set of the NZ Shows

when was the last time the full song was
played in concert?

BB

BB Mac said:
all i can say is 'One tree hill' what a song!!!

its gotta be in the set of the NZ Shows

when was the last time the full song was
played in concert?

BB

I reckon that was in 1993 in NZ of course.

Back
Top Bottom