Fri-March 18....Any Rehearsals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm eagerly anticipating a report. What time zone is Vancouver (as in GMT minus how many hours)? It's GMT -0800, isn't it?

Spoiler Central

*5:45pm*
Stuck(very loose rehearsal - no vox)
Elevation (full band - trying out sounds/arrangment)

Band stopped - I left

*8:00pm*
Unknown(loose jamming with Edge trying out sounds etc.) barely audible outside venue.

I left once again.

*10:00pm*
One Step Closer
Electric Co.(full version 5-6m)
Aunt Cat Dubt(?)(full version 5-6m)
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes Make...(with Scott Walker outro - like SNL)
Love/Peace (very loud 'heartbeat' bass part - 'where is the love' part will make crowds go apeshit)
Elevation(live 'woos')(band fooled around with intro)
Stuck..(Bono and Edge keys only)
Yahweh(very rough version Bono and Edge guitar only)
One
Streets
Gloria(u2 song)
RTSS (full version - Edge piano, no harmonica)
Zoo Station (with weird voiceover intro)
Vertigo(w/ SFB verse and 4-5sec gaps before each chorus) (tonight was very fast and ragged, it must have been a long day)
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody(full band - original key, stopped after 2 lines - several more attempts with changes)
*12:10*(past midnight) u2 stopped playing for the night

*2:00am* Bono talked to 7 fans from his car for 5 minutes as it was leaving.

I was probably the only outside person who listened to the 10pm 'set'. There is no view inside the venue, but I do know that they always had the houselight on. The light show likely will be worked on California.

One of the roadies Friday said that set strike down in 5pm Saturday.

U2FP

I wish they would rehearse more War songs like Two Hearts Beat As One, Surrender and Like A Song. I'm not complaining by the way just wish they did a few of those songs too. :)

zoopop said:
Are they rehearsing again tonight?

Apparently they're taking the set down at 5pm Saturday ... which is presumably today there.

Now where do they go, LA?

and i can't believe that this will resemble the real setlists once the tour starts.

honestly, other than zoo station, where's the other songs from the 90s?

and they rehearsed zoo station before the elevation tour began as well, so i wouldnt hold my breath. if they do play it, however, i have a feeling that would be worth the price of admission in itself.

Zoomerang96 said:
and they rehearsed zoo station before the elevation tour began as well, so i wouldnt hold my breath. if they do play it,

Really? I've never heard that. The only songs that I know were rehearsed pre-Elevation that failed to make it were The Unforgettable Fire and Two Hearts Beat As One. Does anyone have a list or remember what U2 rehearsed?

Axver said:

Really? I've never heard that. The only songs that I know were rehearsed pre-Elevation that failed to make it were The Unforgettable Fire and Two Hearts Beat As One. Does anyone have a list or remember what U2 rehearsed?

i have no proof other than my memory. i remember reading, among other songs practiced, love is blindness and zoo station.

why they don't play love is blindness more often, or ever for that matter, is beyond me.

In 2001 U2 also knew The Who's Won't Get Fooled Agin which never made the setlist. It was only played at Irving Plaza club/radio promo show.

They also may have rehearsed some Ramones songs.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
In 2001 U2 also knew The Who's Won't Get Fooled Agin which never made the setlist. It was only played at Irving Plaza club/radio promo show.

Man, I wish they had played Wont Get Fooled Again more times cause that version from Irving Plaza is just amazing! It would be great to have a studio version of that cover as well! :drool:

By the way if they do play Love Is Blindness on this tour I hope Edge playes his amazing solo again but maybe add some new stuff to it! :drool:

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:

why they don't play love is blindness more often, or ever for that matter, is beyond me.

I was expecting this to be played a lot during the third leg of the Elevation tour, for obvious reasons.

Electric Co. Finally. About god damn time. If only they do play it... An Cat Dubh and Gloria are interesting too.

The odd thing about the first album songs live will be hardcore fans will go apeshit while the other half of the crowd are left wondering what song is being played.

U2FP

TheBrazilianFly said:
I wish they would rehearse more War songs like Two Hearts Beat As One, Surrender and Like A Song. I'm not complaining by the way just wish they did a few of those songs too. :)

Like a Song has been played once and Edge is on record as saying Two Hearts is his least favourite U2 song (quote from Rattle & Hum era).

To go with that, I'll add that Bono at the time said he doesn't like Scarlet at all. :wink:

i went by today and at around 2 pm they were full on playing "surrender" and it sounded great.

you could tell they must be getting close to going to california soon because the transport trucks were all lined up outside the venue.

i did hear that they will remain in vancouver for one more week so they can continue to practice the songs.

i also heard the efge fucking around on guitar today for a while, but surrender was the only full song i heard.

i will also give a full report on the shows in vancouver. i was fortunate to get floors for both shows. there is also a rumour that additional shows (sat the 30th and sun may 1st) will be announced shortly.

Hank

Palace_Hero said:

Like a Song has been played once and Edge is on record as saying Two Hearts is his least favourite U2 song (quote from Rattle & Hum era).

To go with that, I'll add that Bono at the time said he doesn't like Scarlet at all. :wink:

I would like to see this quote of Bono saying that, do you have it?

Back
Top Bottom