Fixing Problems with Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
What song do you think should break up the ugly collision of SYCMIOYO and LAPOE in your typical Vertigo setlist?

I think they work well off one another........

Someone please get rid of "One"........I always felt like I was at some lame, tired Eagles concert whenever they busted that out.

BigMacPhisto said:
I think they work well off one another........

Someone please get rid of "One"........I always felt like I was at some lame, tired Eagles concert whenever they busted that out.

Think so too that One needs a rest.
Don`t see it happen though:mad:

Maybe next tour they drop it?
Along with Pride :madspit: and Bullet....I hope!!!!!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

phillyfan26 said:
What song do you think should break up the ugly collision of SYCMIOYO and LAPOE in your typical Vertigo setlist?

none. the transition is great. thought the band did throw Yaweh and Stuck between these songs a couple times (right?)

Re: Re: Fixing Problems with Vertigo

discothequeLP said:
thought the band did throw Yaweh and Stuck between these songs a couple times (right?)

Correct. 2005-09-20 and 21 in Chicago had Yahweh and 2005-11-04 in Las Vegas had Stuck. Off the top of my head, I think those are the only times songs have come between SYCMIOYO and LAPOE on Vertigo.

An acoustic version of stuck in a moment, or red hill mining town.

Yahweh
The Wanderer
Wake Up Dead Man
Dirty Day

all of those work, but Yahweh is even better, since it has some of the Co-Exist elements Bono was talking about and is a smooth transition from the slower part of the show into the "War" bit.

Re: Re: Fixing Problems with Vertigo

discothequeLP said:
none. the transition is great.

I have to disagree. You have two songs that are completely different. Bono finishes singing his ballad to his father and immediately goes into his Co-Exist character? It needs something in there that's in the middle ground. (i.e.: Dirty Day)

Re: Re: Re: Fixing Problems with Vertigo

phillyfan26 said:

I have to disagree. You have two songs that are completely different. Bono finishes singing his ballad to his father and immediately goes into his Co-Exist character? It needs something in there that's in the middle ground. (i.e.: Dirty Day)

Agreed. I've always found it a very clunky transition lacking in cohesion. It doesn't work on the album and the live setting doesn't improve things. The songs are too different and I don't feel they should be paired together.

Back
Top Bottom