"Electrical Storm" to be forgotten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
I'm really excited about the potential songs being rehearsed for the setlist!

Does anyone think Electrical Storm has been forgotten?

I assumed it would pop up in the setlist much the same way HMTMKMKM was included on the Popmart tour.

Although I have to say....

I'd gladly give up Electrical Storm to hear Zoo Station, An Cat Dubh or the Electric Co.!!!

I think they will play it eventually, probably on the second or third leg of the tour. I hope it goes like that cause then they will still have new songs to pull out throughout the tour and don't play it all already on the first leg.

i'm kind of doubting it. the band wanted to play it, as said in past interviews, but i haven't seen it mentioned once in these rehearsal reports.

I know what you mean.....

All these setlist rumors and hasn't been mentioned.

But I sooooo love what they have been rehearsing that I'm definitely not disappointed.

For me....they could just come out and play "Streets" and leave and I would be in heaven!

i think they just want to get a smooth start to the tour-- they don't want another Staring at the Sun debacle

If they do not play Electrical Storm, it will be the first time in their history that they have not played a single live.

I really wish they'd play it... I love it and would love to see it live... Now, the question is - will they play it at the show I'm at?!?! :slant:

ES got screwed over when it was included in the Best of.. they should have put the fly on and left ES for HTDAAB :(.. would have easily propelled HTDAAB reviews from excellent to a classic

bcrt2000 said:
ES got screwed over when it was included in the Best of.. they should have put the fly on and left ES for HTDAAB :(.. would have easily propelled HTDAAB reviews from excellent to a classic

I agree. Just like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me Should have been on Pop.

An Cat Dubh? Over Electrical Storm? No way. Ever. Electrical Storm is so much more textured and the creshendo is sick. An Cat Dubh is one for nostalgic purposes, no?

Maybe they aren't gonna play Electrical Storm because it is too strenuous on Bono's voice. They don't wanna stretch it too much. Just a thought....

TheBrazilianFly said:
I think they will play it eventually, probably on the second or third leg of the tour.

I hope so. This would be amazing live, can just imagine the "heyyyyyey" part :drool:

bcrt2000 said:

I don't think Interferencers could handle "heavy as a truck" and "...like the top of a newborn babies head" on the same album

babyman said:
i don't think electrical storm would work live

My thoughts exactly. An Cat Dubh over Electrical storm for me everytime. It rocked live back in the eighties so imagine how it's going to sound now!!

I think it's brilliant they haven't turned it into a greatest hits set list and have dug out some of the older songs.

Electrical Storm, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Mofo in.

An Cath Dubh, and 2 workhorse songs out.

It won't happen. But it would be great.

I believe that Edge could really lift Electrical Storm to another level live the way he has done with other songs. And of course a little Bono invention live along the way.

Only single never played live, says Axver in March.

It is sort of surprising they never gave it a shot.

I'd sooner hear Electrical Storm over some of the 'golden oldies' they're bringing back since they don't sound half as good as any live performances from 1980-83.

Back
Top Bottom