Electric Co out, Mysterious Ways in = crap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTU2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
And I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but it's true. Electric Co is a true rocker, and has been excellent on this tour...MW has been played every night, every tour since Zoo, and was a weak song to begin with, not much more than an excuse for some female fan to hop onstage and shake what her mama gave her :( I like the AB songs, and it's cool to have UTEOTW...and Fly should definitely be an every-night song, one way or another. But MW, no thanks. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue...

I have to agree. At Vegas 2 it was a nice treat, because it hadn't been played much lately and the whole belly-dancing thing just seemed very *Vegas*.

But the inclusion of the early rockers (The Co., Gloria, I Will Follow) has been one of the best parts of this tour. I felt blessed to finally see The Co. on the first leg. I pity other long time fans who could only see one show and miss it.

I went to both DC show, and Electric Co. was fantastic both nights. It's a real rocker and everyone gets into it, and you could tell the band was having a great time with it, especially the Edge.

I like MW live, but I wouldn't replace Electric Co. for it.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but if I will follow was never played again, it wouldn't bother me. I'd like to see more Gloria, 11 O'Clock, Out of Control, Electric Co.

Yeah..it sucks that Electric Co gets swapped with MW the last two shows.

It is ( and I will say it again ) one of the highlights of the whole tour.
A true rocking U2 song that should be played every , every night!

Drop Elevation instead from time to time with MW but NOT Electric Co.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Gloria should get played more often!

I love Mysterious Ways and it is one of my favorite live songs, so I don't mind it seeing again in the set. The one song that The Electric Co. (one of the best songs of the tour) should replace is I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, that appears (completely without logic) after Until the End of the World.
Just imagine City-Vertigo-Elevation-MW-UTEOTW-The Electric Co.
:drool:

djerdap said:
I love Mysterious Ways and it is one of my favorite live songs, so I don't mind it seeing again in the set. The one song that The Electric Co. (one of the best songs of the tour) should replace is I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, that appears (completely without logic) after Until the End of the World.
Just imagine City-Vertigo-Elevation-MW-UTEOTW-The Electric Co.
:drool:

:drool: is right!

but people asked for them to change it up? and now thats what there doing? :|

U2= damned if they do, damned if they dont

hell, I want to see them do this

Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
*rest of set*

I don't get why U2 would sub out this tour's best song when MW could quite easily go back to its first leg spot and take WOWY's place.

electric co should be played every night, it's a rocker and the crowd loves it. even the ones the havent heard it in their lives, by the end of the song (especially when the house lights turn on), the crowd goes nuttss.. my favorite song from this tour.

as for mysterious ways, i like in the set but not every night, once every 2-3 shows would be great. they should play EBTTRT and rotate them out, both hits off Acthung.

but to be fair U2 are just doing what fans asked, and are now seemingly rotating a few things, even if its not that songs we want, they are still doing people asked

yeah u2 makes me scratch my head. they always take out the best songs to add variety.

just think how fucking amazing uteotw and electric co would be back to back. id need new pants after that.

CT, you are not the minority on this one... Mysterious as you said was never their best work to begin with.

It has that catchy commercial type riff but MW will never be considered one of their true greats. I would rank it in the bottom 3rd of songs on that album...

As far as Electric Co. goes, bouncing it in favor of MW in that slot is questionable at best... Electric Co. is perfect early in the set, a real blaster, especially when Edge hits the ramp in full stride just tearing out the lead...

All the boy cuts are terrific in concert (barring The Ocean). I love how they inserted them at the beginning... They bring us back to another time, showing they haven't lost that powerful energy...

Would like to see more of Out Of Control, I Will Follow, or Gloria (as Mauwer mentioned) stacked up with Electric Co., right behind Vertigo as the opener...

Amsterdam III has a great open with Vertigo, I Will Follow, Electric Co... if they had then continued with Out Of Control or Gloria, and then into Crumbs you could have almost left the show at that point, jk...

MW is most certainly not a weak track! The truth be told, it's a hell of a lot better known than Electric Co. A lot of the casuals would much rather hear that than EC.

But aside from that, IMO it's also a better song. It's one of my favourites in fact. And it was excellent live when I saw it in Europe this tour :up:

Better known? Absolutely. MW has much more appeal to the casual fan than Electric Co. The casual fan has probably never even heard Electric Co., or seen it performed for that matter.

Mysterious Ways achieved tremendous commercial success, and was broadcast all over the world. I would assume it was one of their top 10 selling records, although I have no idea...

On the other hand, Electric Co. is a lesser known track from their first album, and is rarely if ever played on the radio. Hence the anonymity.

Perhaps if you become more familiar with the band, you will appreciate what you saw when they performed one of thier purest rockers in Electric Co...

I love Mysterious Ways and Electric Co. has been awesome on this tour. I think they should just play longer and include them both. And yes, I like the idea of Even Better Than The Real Thing being tossed in the set as well :hmm: Not that I get to see any more shows on this tour :grumpy:

Problem is, they played "UTEOTW" last night....you can't really have both "The Electric Co." and "UTEOTW" together, especially after following two other rockers, "Vertigo" and "Elevation".......

I think they should just put Mysterious Ways in WOWY's spot, but make WOWY the closer like the one MSG show

and Electric Co. would stay, and there'd be happy fluffy bunnies and Edge en fuego!

edgeenfuego4tw.jpg

BigMacPhisto said:
Problem is, they played "UTEOTW" last night....you can't really have both "The Electric Co." and "UTEOTW" together, especially after following two other rockers, "Vertigo" and "Elevation".......

why cant ya have uteotw and electric co together? that would be bad ass

well, um. i wouldn't mind if they dropped ABOY, put WOWY in its place in the second encore, and moved MW back to the first encore. electric co. or some other boy song then moves back to the front of the main set.

ABOY is easily the weakest part of the whole show, in my opinion. i wouldn't miss it at all.

Hell, yeah, it would... they've tried these two blocks already :

1.Vertigo 1.Vertigo
2.I Will Follow 2. ABOY
3.Electric Co. 3.Elevation
4.Elevation 4.Gloria

The 4 straight rockers is a great way to open, I'm really surprised they didn't experiment more with this...

The next move is to rotate UTEOTW and Gloria with Elevation...

The ideal would be to bounce Elevation completely, but we know that's not going to happen...

That would leave this dream opening block:

1.Vertigo
2.I Will Follow // Out Of Control // ABOY (rotation)
3.Electric Co.
4.UTEOW // Gloria // Crumbs (rotation)

They've connected on 3 out of 4 of these at the top already, so this is not out of the realm of possibility... The main problem is Elevation always finds its way in there... Maybe they could consider bouncing it out once in a while for Crumbs after the 3rd Leg...

Electric Co. is great live presently because it sounds very much like the early (e.g., Red Rocks) live version, unlike the present-day live version of say, Out of Control (which is quite good but not utterly fantastic). Plus, Bono can handle the Electric Co. vocal.

If I'm going to a Vertigo Tour show, Electric Co. is one song I want to hear.

Chizip said:
yeah u2 makes me scratch my head. they always take out the best songs to add variety.

just think how fucking amazing uteotw and electric co would be back to back. id need new pants after that.

Oh man T totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing today. Those two guitar songs would totally shake the whole place.

It would be cool indeed to see UTOTW and Elec.Co together.

Kinda like this ,

01 - Vertigo
02 - I will follow or Out of control or Gloria
03 - Elec.Co
04 - Crumbs or tadaaa Gone:drool:
05 - UTEOTW

etc.....

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Gone should return!!!!! , it was sooo cool on Popmart , and a classic on the Elevation Tour!

Back
Top Bottom