Edge has made the setlist to a degree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcoriha

The Fly
The Edge kind of defines the set because he has changed his rig around a little, and is very specific about what he uses on songs. The effect at the beginning of Elevation is gone from his rack, therefore the song has been changed. It should be noted that the distortion effect he used on Kite is still in his rig. I wouldn't be surprised if it is also used on a new song or 2, but that means the possiblity of Kite is still strong. Same with New York (probably anywhere in that state), and a few others. A couple of effects he only used on songs like Discotheque/Please/If God Will Send His Angels in the past are still in.

I wouldn't rule out any old songs, because he still has the stuff cover pretty much everything up through Achtung Baby, but a lot of the stuff from Zooropa, and Pop have special stuff that is no longer in his rack. I wouldn't expect Mofo at all for example, unless it is extremely reworked.

Very nice analysis. I agree with what you have heard from the guitar thus far this tour and of course on the newest album.

I find it hard to believe that he simply couldn't play anything from POP or Zooropa because he didn't bring the gear. He could certainly have it sent out or buy new stuff if he felt the desire.

No, he could, he has some great gear, that is very verastile. But if he does it will sound differant then the way he played it the last time is all.

Who knows we could see an acoustic Lemon, or mondo rock Velvet Dress. But I'm just saying that it's not as likely.

(It should be noted I think they should play stuff from those albums, it's just looking to me like it's not in the cards.)

Also I remember Dallas saying that he was afriad of damaging the old Strat Edge used on Stuck in a Moment, by taking it on tour. That may explain the acoustic piano version they did at that dress rehearsal.

My guess is that we'll see Stuck in a Moment piano, Until the End of the World, and the tamed version of Original of the Species in the near future, along with Desire, I Will Follow, and Out of Control, since they were all played in the promo tour.

jcoriha said:
The Edge kind of defines the set because he has changed his rig around a little, and is very specific about what he uses on songs. The effect at the beginning of Elevation is gone from his rack, therefore the song has been changed. It should be noted that the distortion effect he used on Kite is still in his rig. I wouldn't be surprised if it is also used on a new song or 2, but that means the possiblity of Kite is still strong. Same with New York (probably anywhere in that state), and a few others. A couple of effects he only used on songs like Discotheque/Please/If God Will Send His Angels in the past are still in.

I wouldn't rule out any old songs, because he still has the stuff cover pretty much everything up through Achtung Baby, but a lot of the stuff from Zooropa, and Pop have special stuff that is no longer in his rack. I wouldn't expect Mofo at all for example, unless it is extremely reworked.

I am curious how you know what has been removed from his rack and what hasn't. (I am not trying to be snide, I really am curious...)

All the guitar geeks unite on trying to find pics of his rack, and close up trying to figuare out out's in them each tour. Edge is like the poster child for gearheads everywhere so even a lot of non U2 fans keep their eyes peeled on Edge, since anything he uses is about to be the next big thing.

The DVD are really useful also, (obviously not for this tour yet) and a lot of guys freeze frame to try to see what effects he uses on which songs. (I have never done this myself)

Back
Top Bottom