Do you think U2 visits fan websites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Cus places like "Setlist" might be a place for them to visit, I've wondered if they have viewed some of these threads -- and saw the demand for songs from Achtung Baby and Boy.

Songs like Zoo Station, A Cat Dubh, Running To Stand Still, 40 ... must have been influenced to them. I think U2 was and is reading the board, looking for setlist upgrades...

Make sense?

I think it is in the realm of possibility that someone has visited fan sites maybe once or twice, because they are only human, but more than that, no.

i very much doubt it, their so busy, especially now.

i think people from u2's team probably do. If they don't they should.

yeah not now, and this has been debated in other threads, but i am sure since the advent of the internet they have been at least 1x on one or more fan websites.

No. What we say about setlists is very unlikely to influence them. In fact, it's probably doubtful that they get any information at all on what fans want from forums. Maybe a fan who meets them might say "where's Acrobat?" or some PR rep will pass on word that "a lot of people would like to hear Crumbs", but I doubt the band themselves read the place.

I am prepared to acknowledge the above is wrong if U2 play the following setlist:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. One Tree Hill
3. Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming
4. Smile
5. All I Want Is You --> Bad
6. MLK --> The Unforgettable Fire
7. Exit
8. Mothers Of The Disappeared
9. Hawkmoon 269
10. Desire
11. All Along The Watchtower
12. Gone
13. Acrobat
14. God Part II

15. The Cry/The Electric Co.
16. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
17. Twilight
18. City Of Blinding Lights
19. Luminous Times

20. Spanish Eyes
21. Vertigo
22. Stories For Boys
23. Out Of Control
24. Gloria
25. Yahweh
26. 40

Last edited:
I AM Bono - I post on here between gigs right now, whilst we're traveling on the tour bus. We...oh - hang on a second...."LARRY - WILL U STOP FUCKIN FARTIN' UR STINKIN THE PLACE OUT - I tell u what, if I had an arse like yours I'd try my best to hide it"

Larry - "YEAH - WELL IF I HAD HAIR LIKE YOURS I'D BLEEDIN' BURY MYSELF"

Axver said:

I am prepared to acknowledge the above is wrong if U2 play the following setlist:

No offence, but you reckon U2 will base their setlist on the preferences of a guy that thinks October is a better album than Achtung Baby? Not likely as Bono said AB was his favourite U2 album recently....

financeguy said:

No offence, but you reckon U2 will base their setlist on the preferences of a guy that thinks October is a better album than Achtung Baby? Not likely as Bono said AB was his favourite U2 album recently....

Where the hell did that come from?

1. I personally enjoy October more than AB. Neither are even remotely as good as UF, JT, or anything from the Lovetown Tour.
2. I don't see how my album preferences relate to setlists.
3. The above setlist contains 1 song from October and 1 from Achtung.
4. I don't give a shit what album Bono does or doesn't like.
5. I posted the set as a joke. I guess the humour slipped by you.

Axver said:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. One Tree Hill
3. Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming
4. Smile
5. All I Want Is You --> Bad
6. MLK --> The Unforgettable Fire
7. Exit
8. Mothers Of The Disappeared
9. Hawkmoon 269
10. Desire
11. All Along The Watchtower
12. Gone
13. Acrobat
14. God Part II

15. The Cry/The Electric Co.
16. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
17. Twilight
18. City Of Blinding Lights
19. Luminous Times

20. Spanish Eyes
21. Vertigo
22. Stories For Boys
23. Out Of Control
24. Gloria
25. Yahweh
26. 40

You don't like the 90' do you. :madspit: :wink:

This would be a very bad place to visit with all the setlistgriping. Then again, its a tool to learn how other people look at the shows. Especially now so many people can listen to them once they happen. And sometimes the truth hurts. There is nothing wrong with taking into account what the fans are thinking. Artists don't have to hide in ivory towers. Online anonymity applies to them just as well as anyone else. Anyone who has a fan or customer base would be foolish to ignore what goes on in it.
If I were in the band I'd still leave it to others though to browse these forums. It's still the internet and once in the safety of online anonymity to many people lose whatever inhibitions of deceny they have in real life.

if they took addvice on setlists from fan sites then they should have dropped elevation by now

Back
Top Bottom