Do you think that after Mothers of the Disappeared was played, that...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
...other "regional" songs will be played? For example, Spanish Eyes or One Tree Hill? I know a lot of you are hoping for the latter.

Apparently Spanish Eyes was rehearsed for this tour, but I think an important distinction needs to be made between songs like Spanish Eyes and songs like Mothers Of The Disappeared and One Tree Hill. Spanish Eyes really has nothing to do with Spain, especially no deep meaning. MOTD and OTH, on the other hand, have very serious meanings and emotional significance for their regions. A song in the MOTD/OTH category has inherently more chance of being played than a song in the Spanish Eyes category.

then again there was no New York or Angel of Harlem in New York

maybe they don't compare as much as One Tree Hill or Mothers, but still about the area

oh yeah, and Heartland in Omaha :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
then again there was no New York or Angel of Harlem in New York

maybe they don't compare as much as One Tree Hill or Mothers, but still about the area

Why play New York or Angel Of Harlem in NYC when they're already playing City Of Blinding Lights, though?

Axver said:

Why play New York or Angel Of Harlem in NYC when they're already playing City Of Blinding Lights, though?

I can see no New York, but Angel of Harlem is a good, fun song that should be played, atleast in the city it's about

COBL is about New York, but it can be generalized to be about any big city or the arena/stadium of fans cheering them on that night.

No Detroit Rock City in Detroit!
No Cleveland Rocks in Cleveland!
No Hang On Sloopy in Columbus! ...wait, stupid them not playing in COLUMBUS!

I honestly believe that One Tree Hill will be performed in some way in Auckland. Hopefully the first full band version since 1990.

I am simply hoping that they do not get the "Mothers of Plaza de Mayo" on stage again for Argentina... as they did in Popmart and was a true embarassment.

Okay, we get it, it was an embarrassment, damn.

I don't think this raises the odds for "One Tree Hill" at all. They last played "Mothers of the Disappeared" during PopMart; the last time they did "One Tree Hill" was at Lovetown.

And of course, they're not going back to Spain this tour, so "Spanish Eyes" is out (although I think it was played during Elevation).

Last edited:
Axver said:
MOTD and OTH have very serious meanings and emotional significance for their regions. A song in the MOTD/OTH category has inherently more chance of being played than a song in the Spanish Eyes category.

Totally agree my friend

Well, finally we had Mothers Of Dissappeared here and probably they´ll perform again in Argentina :yes:

I really hope you´ll get One Tree Hill :heart:

typhoon said:
Okay, we get it, it was an embarrassment, damn.

I don't think this raises the odds for "One Tree Hill" at all. They last played "Mothers of the Disappeared" during PopMart; the last time they did "One Tree Hill" was at Lovetown.

But they didn't go to New Zealand on Popmart, so who knows if they would've done One Tree Hill then or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, good point, who knows. If you get it at your show, we'll all be green.

bloodysunday972 said:
actually the last time one tree hill was played was zoomerang tour

No it wasn't. That was just a snippet at the end of One, in the same style as Unchained Melody on the ZooTV Sydney video.

bloodysunday972 said:
actually the last time one tree hill was played was zoomerang tour

In a technical sense, the last time it was played was on the Vertigo Tour. It again was snippeted at the end of One at some show that I can't remember off the top of my head (Oakland1?).

Last edited:
MTEdge said:

In a technical sense, the last time it was played was on the Vertigo Tour. It again was snippeted at the end of One at some show that I can't remember off the top of my head (Oakland1?).

Yes, it was snippeted at Oakland I on 2005-11-08.

Back
Top Bottom