Do we really need to predict the Omaha setlist tonight...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
It's all gonna be the same again...

COBL
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
Still Haven't Found
BD
OOTS
Sometimes
Love/Peace
SBS
Bullet
MzSarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

UTEOTW
MW
WOWY

Stuck
Yahweh

:yawn:

:yes:

I'm 99.9% certain they'll make some changes for the fourth leg, though, so that's what we must look forward to now.

KUEFC09U2 said:
why make a thread saying is it worth predicting it, and then predict it :|

Well, theu2fly's not really "predicting" anything. Based on U2's current trend, that's more than likely going to be the set they'll play. No prediction involved at all. Just a simple copy + paste...

GibsonGirl said:

Well, theu2fly's not really "predicting" anything. Based on U2's current trend, that's more than likely going to be the set they'll play. No prediction involved at all. Just a simple copy + paste...
true

Expect changes on leg 4, not now.

Also, static setlist does not = bad show.

good point u2girl

also, if someone told you before the tour, that you would hear Gloria, Miss Sariejvo, and 40, I think you'd be happy.

U2girl said:
Expect changes on leg 4, not now.

Also, static setlist does not = bad show.

actually last night during hte show I couldn't even really remember what song was coming next - thay all just kind of flowed into each other

i think they might treat omaha as a second night show, so we might see something different.

maybe electric co or i will follow instead of gloria, possibly the ocean, maybe ABOY in the encore and closing with bad.

but im just an optimist like that.

Roland of Gilead said:
Its not a bad setlist by any means. If they only play one gig in a city, why would you expect anything else?

exactly

the only one city show I can see changing is Portland, because it's the final show

and they'll get Party Girl, Bad, Fast Cars, or Instant Karma!

or any combination of the 4

Roland of Gilead said:
Its not a bad setlist by any means. If they only play one gig in a city, why would you expect anything else?

Exactly! We should expect much more than that crappy boring & predictable setlist!, especially if they play just ONE gig in a City, like Santiago :sad:

nurse chrissi said:

actually last night during hte show I couldn't even really remember what song was coming next - thay all just kind of flowed into each other

I think that pretty much sums it up. Probably about 98% of the crowd last night walked away thinking just like that. We just get to hear the other 2% here all the time.

If you were just going to one show and didnt know what they had been doing recently most people would likely think the current setlist is great. :shrug: Lets face it, thats most of the crowd at every U2 show.

Blue Room said:

I think that pretty much sums it up. Probably about 98% of the crowd last night walked away thinking just like that. We just get to hear the other 2% here all the time.

If you were just going to one show and didnt know what they had been doing recently most people would likely think the current setlist is great. :shrug: Lets face it, thats most of the crowd at every U2 show.

I still think the set could use a couple tweaks to make it better for everyone, even the causal fans.

why they decided to go with bullet the blue sky again on this tour ill never know. i think subbing it with please would have made a much bigger impact. and i dont think the causals would have missed bullet.

i still think the pride-streets transition is weak.

and electric co should be played at every show.

so with just a couple changes, i think a very good set could turn into an amazing one. but a little late for that.

Hey, I actually agree about some of it. Electric Co being dropped is a bad move any way you slice it. I wouldnt mind Pride and/or Bullet not being done for a tour. (Especially Bullet, I see no reason that HAS to be done now, if they need a political song they should do Please). Pride gets a huge reaction so thats not going anywhere.

I guess my point is I have a wishlist also. I would like to see some things different. But its not my choice or anyone elses here. U2 do what they feel works and they do put alot of thought into it. (remember that article about setlists earlier this year where they quoted Larry about how much debate they have on it?) Overall this is a decent setlist currently. Then again, I dont think they have had a bad one on this tour (even the acoustic encore was cool to me). U2 appear to be hitting on all cylinders right now. They have a vibe down they like, and they will most likely stick with it until the end of the third leg (with maybe a song or two changed here and there).

While the setlist being used primarily through this tour isn't PERFECT or even AMAZING, it's certainly not bad or even just OK. It's a very good setlist, and that's all it is.

However, it translates into a continually intense and amazing show night after night. Like I said, there is definitely room for improvement. But I really do understand why you all have to get so disappointed when there aren't any surprises at shows you aren't or weren't ever planning on attending. :shrug:

Oh yeah, and don't respond to my last sentence. I don't really care why you feel like that.

Gloria was hurt tonight, so Iwill F. Ollow subbed for her. (-:

However, we did get a great version of Crumbs - I think Bono mentioned that it had been "upgraded" -- he said something that I inferred as adjustments to Crumbs, and I thought it rocked.

Bono was on guitar during Crumbs -- I don't remember that from Minneapolis -- has he been playing on Crumbs?

well, this was the setlist :silent:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You
Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh

Well my friends, it´s clear they won´t change the setlist for the 2 shows left of the third leg :down: now we´ll have to wait for 2 months to expect any changes in the 4th leg :(

:rolleyes: People here are amazing sometimes. I mean that in both good and bad ways equally.

OMG, no more changes!! THERE ARE TWO WHOPPING SHOWS LEFT. Good Lord, and they made a few changes last night. Crumbs being done was a surprise.

BWU2, Bono has been playing guitar on Crumbs. So that wasnt new last night. Cool that you guys got it though! :up: Despite what some think looks like a good set to me.

Last edited:
ponkine said:
well, this was the setlist :silent:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You
Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh

Well my friends, it´s clear they won´t change the setlist for the 2 shows left of the third leg :down: now we´ll have to wait for 2 months to expect any changes in the 4th leg :(

they did make changes.

Just add New Years Day and Bad and The Fly to every show and the current setlist is improved 10 fold. All I Want Is You would also be nice every now and then.

elviscostrummer said:
Just add New Years Day and Bad and The Fly to every show and the current setlist is improved 10 fold. All I Want Is You would also be nice every now and then.

i wish they would rotate all i want is you with wowy

Back
Top Bottom