Discoteque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
there are all these spoilers going around some real, some not but what is consistent is that discoteque is never mentioned. it was never rehearsed even.

Whats with that? Discoteque is great and should be included in the tour

Discotheque is great, one of my favourites but I think there is no chance of playing it :(. It's not "safe" enough and U2 know that a lot of people "will not get it." :|

I disagree. Its a dance techno kinda song. anyone who is not a real u2 fan will appreciate the song.
Discoteque is just a song to shake and dance too, it doesnt have much meaning or depth to it like other u2 songs, thus it is a much safer song then say gone or acrobat or BTBS (all of which i would love to hear, well maybe not Gone)

DPrinceNY said:

its not a matter of people not liking it. everyone loves new years day but that doesnt look like its gonna be played either

:huh: It has been rehearsed ...

DPrinceNY said:

its not a matter of people not liking it. everyone loves new years day but that doesnt look like its gonna be played either

Wrong on NY Day. They havent rehearsed it much if at all because they dont need to. It will be on rotation for sure, I dont think it will be played every night though this time out.

This tour appears to be going pretty much POPless. I think Gone could appear at some point and then there is the obvious Staring At The Sun acoustic. I think "DISCOTHEQUE" (this is how its spelled!! :lol: ) could turn up eventually, but I wouldnt be shocked if its not done this tour or at least not done much.

right on. let's keep the dirty 90's out of the new holy and pure u2 setlists, alright guys?

in fact, other than 'one', i say they should only play stuff from atyclb and bomb.

i agree im a little disappointed more pop and zooropa songs havent been rehearsed

If they play Discoteque, I might have to walk out of the arena. That is waste of a setlist spot. :down:

If they did Please on the other hand... :up:

I would prefer not to hear Discotheque because I never liked it live, unlike other pop tunes like Please, Last night on Earth, or Gone. although the album version of it is :drool:

madonna's child said:
If they play Discoteque, I might have to walk out of the arena. That is waste of a setlist spot. :down:

If they did Please on the other hand... :up:

pfft.

You know what? Even if U2 would play my least favourite song I would NEVER leave the show. And Discotheque should be played. It was very succesful single and it's the most known representative song of Pop. Let's gooooo let's gooooo...

i dont get how people dont like "discotheque", Bono could sing "marry had a little lamb" over that guitar riff from edge, and it would be great.

but each is own

Mary had a little lamb, Boom cha, little lamb, little lamb
Mary had a little lamb, Boom cha, it's fleece is white as snow

Numb1075 said:
Mary had a little lamb, Boom cha, little lamb, little lamb
Mary had a little lamb, Boom cha, it's fleece is white as snow

:lmao: :up:

Back
Top Bottom