Different idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know this is probably sacrilege, but...

I'd like to see U2 open with a slow number, then go into "Vertigo." I don't advocate or even suggest "One Step Closer" as the opener, but...

The Edge and Adam come out first and the music starts...
Bono comes out and sings...
"Can't You Hear..." and spotlight on Larry who's just come out and plays the little drum bit over the last few bars of the song...

then Vertigo starts and owns dat beeyatch.

Hey, this is their "first" album.... and the opened many early shows with "The Ocean"

That would be very interesting indeed. You make a good point about the early years, as The Ocean --> 11 O'clock Tick Tock was a fantastic combination. There was also the progressive appearance of the band during Streets on the JT/Lovetown Tours.

At the end of the day, it is extremely unlikely, but it would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Axver said:
There was also the progressive appearance of the band during Streets on the JT/Lovetown Tours.

That was amazing.

Ha! The Ocean right at the start would be something else! It's short and to the point, not enough time for the part-time fans who are waiting for Vertigo, to get bored.
Awesome!

(How about 4th Of July Axver?):wink:

Aardvark747 said:
(How about 4th Of July Axver?):wink:

Hah, well it was the intro music over the PA at many shows on the Unforgettable Fire Tour ...

(They opened the 1984-10-19 concert, the first show of the UF Tour in Europe, with MLK --> UF. So there's another slow start for you.)

Back
Top Bottom