Crumbs shows up at Minneapolis!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynthor

The Fly
Finally, U2 played «Crumbs From Your Table» for the first time of the tour in Minneapolis. This is the moment many people were waiting for. Here's the setlist:

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. The Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Yahweh
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One

18. The First Time
19. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
20. With Or Without You

21. All Because Of You
22. Crumbs From Your Table
23. Yahweh
24. Vertigo

I hope they continue to surprise people with new songs and new setlists...!

also take note that they were going to end it with Yahweh..... Larry was already down below when bono and edge yelled down to pull him back up... edge and adam switched places and bono went running back and forth and switched it to vertigo for the second time. The crowd was WILD tonight and a couple times Bono said "WOW" so I think he wanted to end it on a fast song.. not "40"

also great hearing the new stripped down First Time'

great show

I love how they premiered Crumbs in a random city like MINNEAPOLIS. you all thought it'd debut in New York or Boston, didn't you? Well, U2 is so fucking awesome that they picked Minneapolis instead. rock the fuck on, U2 loves the heartland.

DPrinceNY said:
Let me be the first to rant...
woooo crumbs!!!!!
where is popmuzik/discoteque...??

Apparently Bono wasn't so keen on the Pop Muzik intro, which is why it wasn't used at Chicago I when they did Discotheque.

Axver said:

Apparently Bono wasn't so keen on the Pop Muzik intro, which is why it wasn't used at Chicago I when they did Discotheque.

the pop muzik intro was so tight though :drool: perhaps they'll change it to Pop Muzik/Mofo/Discotheque, and then The Fly or WOWY or whatever

the chigago intro to discoteque had a very haunting quality to it, kinda sounded like the into the MLK, then bang right into discoteque, it will show up again, it seems like this is the part of the show were U2 are going to rotate around like mad

and my oh my crumbs sounds amazing :drool:

Crumbs was such a shock, it was amazing... I couldn't believe they were playing it...

As soon as the intro began I screamed "OH MY GOD, CRUMBS!!!" And went nuts... I sang along with it, it was great to hear it -- Bono couldn't hit the high notes though.

Best setlist of the tour so far, IMO.

By the way, has anyone noticed the set in the original post has Yahweh twice? It was NOT played in the main set, just the second encore.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Hmmm... where'd you hear that?

Someone posted it on the setlist party, I think. I forget who said it but whoever they were, I know it was someone I consider reliable.

It was an incredible show. I like Vertigo plenty but I sorta wish they had ended with Fast Cars instead. That would have still kept the momentum going that we all had been building all night.

And yes U2 loves Minneapolis audiences. At one point Bono said "What an Amazing Night" as he scanned the arena and they played and played. E1 I talked to was thrilled with the concert- a few minor sound issues was the only unperfect thing.

I am going to try to post some pictures since I ended up with so many good ones. I even have one of Bono looking right at me after I SCREAMED at him. (Yeah baby, who's your mommy?):censored:

I wish they would recognize the strength of these new songs, and get rid of a couple more oldies. It sucks that NO ONE on this tour is going to hear OOTS, Crumbs, and Fast Cars at the same show. Instead, you'll get to hear them sleepwalk through WOWY another time. Funny how the beginning of the tour was fine without it.

The question I have now is, are all the subsequent perfs of Wild Horses going to be acoustic? because that would suck. That Amsterdam bootleg has Edge tearing out this crazy and beautiful solo that is miles beyond what I've heard before with this song.

OK am I misreading that or are they playing Vertigo and Yahweh twice? Really?

Yaweh only once.

And holy SHITE Crumbs was awesome!! Bono forgot a bunch of the words though. LoL!

anitram said:

No, just a typo, Yahweh was only played in the 2nd Encore

but Vertigo WAS played twice...:|

I pretty much had my heart set on hearing "40" as a closer before I even set foot in the arena, but I wasn't disappointed in the least when they played "Vertigo" again. Watching Bono scramble to get the boys assembled to play a scorching impromptu version of "Vertigo" kicked up the already impossibly high energy level radiating in that building to another unimaginable level and left me with an absolutely UNBELIEVEABLE high. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

anitram said:

:lol: what if U2 keeps playing more and more songs twice, and eventually the sets are just 11 songs played twice each?

The show was amazing. But I could have gone without vertigo twice, but I did like to watch Bono run around and get everyone in place.

Crumbs was awesome! My friend (a HUGE fan) said he didn't think they'd play it when I asked if they would. We went crazy when they played it! I love the opening riffs! Wow!

anitram said:

I don't know how this error came on but....here's the correct setlist:

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. The Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

17. The First Time
18. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
19. With Or Without You

20. All Because Of You
21. Crumbs From Your Table
22. Yahweh
23. Vertigo

huh

Crumbs was played, great. But why the fuck would they play Yahweh and Vertigo twice? If I'm at a concert, I don't want to hear repeats of the same songs on the same nights. I think that this is kind of ridiculous.

They didn't play Yahweh twice (that's just a typo on the setlist posted in this thread).

They did play Vertigo x2 though. I think it was a celebratory Vertigo to celebrate a great show.:wink:

Re: huh

bigloader said:
Crumbs was played, great. But why the fuck would they play Yahweh and Vertigo twice? If I'm at a concert, I don't want to hear repeats of the same songs on the same nights. I think that this is kind of ridiculous.

I do agree with bigloader...U2 has so many good songs to play that it would be better if they didn't repeat the same song twice at a show. More, the Vertigo song isnt THAT great, I even find it o normal song since it was so commercialized on radio...

:macdevil: ...yeah yeah....I already hear you Vertigo-Radio fans but put this in your mouth: songs are a lot better when you can appreciate it by yourself instead of being brainwashed by the radio that plays it over and over...:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom