Crumbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shakenotstirred

Babyface
Crumbs is a great song, they have it on the dvd special of the new album as one of the three live songs they do (along with Vertigo and SYCMIOYO)...but they haven't played it yet...Crumbs is one of the albums best, but it hasn't been played yet. Along with Sometimes, this was the one song I was looking forward to on the tour from the new album, along with of course LAPOE. I want to see Crumbs soon. It's got that great "streets" like guitar, but that's of course impossible....but it's as good as this album gets. I wonder why it hasn't been played yet...

Yeah, I'm also waiting for them to play this one. It's one of my favorites too, I think they will play it but I have no clue when. if they don't play on this leg I hope they rehearse it for the second leg. That ending live will work really well I think. I would love if they had this one before Bullet The Blue Sky, the frantic ending that this song has with the drums and the vocals would be a perfect way to start Bullet. Think about this great political moment:

Please
Crumbs From Your Table
Bullet The Blue Sky

or maybe:

Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Crumbs From Your Table
Wake Up Dead Man
One

:drool:

I do wish they play Crumbs, they could link the political bunch of songs with the Africa bunch with this IMO

Love and Peace
Bullet
SBS
Crumbs
Please
Streets:drool:

Apparently there's footage on a VH1 special where they rehearse it. I'm expecting it to show up at some point.

Yeah I'm dying to hear Crumbs played, even more so since I saw the VH1 special with the rehearsal footage. Was it even mentioned on any of the rumoured setlists that were floating around before tour? :slant:

Oh...n/m, I found the master list thread.

Last edited:
It will show up. U2.com gave a clue, too, I won't be long. Chicago maybe, where they're playing three nights?

Where do you hear Crumbs being rehearsed on the VH1 special? I only hear the studio version being used as the background music in some scenes at the beginning.

I want this song so badly.

So they can move their whole Africa schtick to it, flags and all -- and right the ship as far as Streets goes!

Axver said:
Apparently there's footage on a VH1 special where they rehearse it. I'm expecting it to show up at some point.

I'm also expecting it to show up.

My guess is that it will make it's debut somewhere in Europe on the second leg of the tour.

there is no footage of them rehearsing the song on the VH 1 special. There footage showing them while the "STUDIO ALBUM" version of the song is being played in the background. But thats it. They havent been working on this song for whatever reason. Dont think its coming anytime soon.

Going on memory, on the DVD that came with the album, they say that Crumbs is one of only two songs they have written whilst drunk and ended up recording and releasing.

Anyone have any idea what the other one was?!!

I don't think it will be played as a setlist standard. I just don't see it fit in there. Maybe it will crop up incidentally on some special occasion.

Which suits me just fine since me and Crumbs just don't click.

Crumbs could actually be a good opener, as far as the music itself goes. But, Bono shaming rich nations would probably be the wrong note on which to begin a show.

Shade said:
Crumbs could actually be a good opener, as far as the music itself goes. But, Bono shaming rich nations would probably be the wrong note on which to begin a show.

i thought crumbs was about the relationship between the poor and the church??

Crumbs was inspired by the church and government's slow reaction to the AIDS/African debt crisis if I'm not mistaken.

Macfistowannabe said:
Crumbs was inspired by the church and government's slow reaction to the AIDS/African debt crisis if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I thought it was, though, I thought it was more about government than the church....but I could be and likely am wrong.

Regardless, it needs to be played. Soon. Please. :)

Back
Top Bottom