COBL opening stadium shows, how would that work??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rudybay

The Fly
i think that'd be quite interesting to see/hear, considering that the audio for a stadium show is very different, i just think that COBL is a great opener 'cos its soo magical, since that's the first song that ive heard/seen live in my entire u2fanlife, but always thought even before i popped my u2 concert experience that that song's extremely mind-blowing

COBL is played late in the set when the sun has set and it's dark out for it's light show.

Granted, Arenas work better because they can shut the lights off.

I love the song! My favorite from HTDAA - I think it kind of has a similar dynamics with Where The Streets Have No Name, and both of them work just great!

the thing is that by the time the show starts, for example in mexico, itll be dark.
and from what ive heard, all the other 4th leg shows will be the same, dark since the beginning of the show, 'cos it wont be summer

let's say they do open with cobl, wouldn't that be awesome??
a different, magical take on the whole light show, except there wouldn't be any confetti showers, they could shoot it from big confetti cannons, i dunno, it is possible.
i just love that intro man, edge IS from the future...

I love Vertigo as the opener. Personally, that's what I want to hear, but I haven't experienced COBL as the opener, so I dunno.

God Part III said:
I love Vertigo as the opener. Personally, that's what I want to hear, but I haven't experienced COBL as the opener, so I dunno.

I agree. Vertigo, with the Unos dos tres catorce sounds like a bomb going to explode, and that's what i felt. That was the moment to turn off the lights, and release madness.

Vertigo would work better as an encore rather than opener. COBL is far better and more interesting opening to the show :drool:

COBL is the magical opener, but Vertigo opening flat out rocked, and when it was followed by All Because of You set an excellent tone for the rest of the night.

Of course, I haven't seen either song open out of doors...

Back
Top Bottom