Brisbane Setlist Watch & Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gibbo said:
Ahem the setlist for the last of the south american shows 7 months ago, somewhat similar???
March 02, 2006 / Buenos Aires, Argentina
Venue: River Plate Stadium
Opening Act(s): Franz Ferdinand
Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, The First Time (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One
This is without the encores

Wake up!! Did you guys really expect them to play a totally different setlist???

coolian2 said:
And seeing as how there are a few of us going against the grain right now, i think Pride rocks live.

HELL YES!! Well, judging by the live DVD's I have of course :wink:

These so called 'standard' songs have been the soundtrack to the last 4 years of my life!! (I'm a 20 year ols new fan who has fallen in love with every era of this great band)

AND I WANT TO HEAR THEM LIVE SO SHOOT ME!!!

carrotflowers said:

HELL YES!! Well, judging by the live DVD's I have of course :wink:

These so called 'standard' songs have been the soundtrack to the last 4 years of my life!! (I'm a 20 year ols new fan who has fallen in love with every era of this great band)

AND I WANT TO HEAR THEM LIVE SO SHOOT ME!!!

Ahh! Apart from you being two years older than me, we're on the exact same path.

mirrorballman said:
what are the odds of them even playing WITS? :) they havent even rehearsed it the last few days, at least not in public...

I would say there is ZERO chance that they will play WITS, I don't know why people are hoping for that. It ususally takes them a lot of practice before they can play new songs live, and they haven't got that much rehearsal time. Plus it's not even out yet... They will most likely be playing Saints, but not WITS.

That being said, it WOULD be great if they did, to play an unreleased song live before it hits the airwave...:drool: But no, won't happen! :wink:

lisa2004 said:

"One" live at Twicks last yr was one of the highlights - moved my sis and I too tears - just so so moving!
i know when we were at the manc concert, my brother was just in total awe when they played it, he even loved pride,

outside the U2 nuts people do actually like these songs

coolian2 said:
And seeing as how there are a few of us going against the grain right now, i think Pride rocks live.

It's actually refreshing to be in here reading these types of comments.

The good news is that everyone will get to hear the classics. I can't wait to hear the reaction from you guys after you see the show; like what you feel at the climax of Streets.

The setlist can and will still change. I think it's great so far and the fans at the concert surely don't care whether the songs have been played a trillion times before in a similar order or not, for many it's the first concert and I am glad everyone gets to see and hear old and new stuff. People who are not there at the show should stop complaining, the band will never be able to fulfill all the wishes of everybody. Just be glad you are part of this beautiful experience.

mirrorballman said:

was bond to happen in a city where they only play one show! im sure they'll crank it up in sydney :)

From Munich last year:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Singin' In The Rain (Snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (Snippet)
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (Snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills Of Dakota (Snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet) / The Hands That Built America (Snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Rain (Snippet)

Encores:
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Party Girl
Vertigo / '40' (Snippet

That was totally different, so yeeeahh great so far! :wink:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh (davor Ansprache von Bono, alle Familienmitglieder sind wieder gesund(!) und er bedankt sich für die Geduld der australischen Fans)
Walk On
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Bono holt aus dem Publikum einen Jungen auf die Bühne mit dem Namen Cassidy)
Bullet The Blue Sky

gibbo said:
Ahem the setlist for the last of the south american shows 7 months ago, somewhat similar???

March 02, 2006 / Buenos Aires, Argentina
Venue: River Plate Stadium
Opening Act(s): Franz Ferdinand

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, The First Time (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

This is without the encores
and? didnt relise aus was in south america?

Yahweh_OMG, have I ever told you how much I love your username? :love: It cracks me up everytime I see it. I wanna go "Yahweh... OH MY GOD!" :lol:

oceane said:
I would say there is ZERO chance that they will play WITS, I don't know why people are hoping for that.

:madwife: Shush, I'm delusional. I'm also hoping for Mofo, so there :tongue:

interview was average by rove. we have heard all of those questions before..good to see the band though!

OMG i think Perth is in the perfect time zone at the moment....7.38pm....just waiting for my dinner...having a drink...listening to U2 ....life is just perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom