Biggest Disappointment - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 PM
Am I the only one who liked Pride into Streets?

I would say the biggest dissapointment for me is that they only played Discotheque twice.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
Am I the only one who liked Pride into Streets?
pretty sure. discotheque was amazing when it was played.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 12:42 AM
I really miss the intro bright lights during streets!!

The ringing guitar, build up of the drums, and crash.....the lights go up and the crowd ROARS!!

It' still an amazing song live but miss that intro.

I do agree... with many of you that I prefer a more dramatic intro into streets. Pride is cool but doesn't compare to the Running to Stand Still or Please intros from past tours.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
The Fly

Wasn't my favorite part of the show, but I didn't mind Pride into Streets. Although, if the band decided to retire Pride forever I wouldn't be too disappointed. I would have loved to hear Crumbs and just about anything from Zooropa except The First Time.

Virtually everyone hates Vertigo x2, but I was in Chicago for Bono's birthday and was absolutely blown away when they played it to end the show. I had a 6 hour drive home immediately after the show and had to be at work in 7 hours. That version and the adreneline it produced kept me awake. I love hearing 40 to end a show, but if they would have ended with it, I probably would have fallen asleep on the drive home.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Do you actually know anything about setlists or do you just like to pretend you do?

Now, Out Of Control was played only sparingly and I can understand you complaining about that, but I Will Follow was a European regular and showed up frequently on the third leg too (not to mention the fact it's the second-most played song in U2's history, so it kind of needs a rest!). UTEOTW was only a sparing inclusion for the first two legs but took a regular spot at the end.

And your stupidest mistake was including New Year's Day in your list, as it has been played at roughly half of all Vertigo Tour shows! It missed just one European show!

Looks like you missed 40.
1. I Will Follow was never played on the 1st leg, and hardly played on the 3rd leg.

2. The 3rd leg never got New Year's Day

3. 40, Vertigo X2, Bad, With Or Without You -- reminds me of the POP era, where they didn't have a solid closer for the tour, it was always rotated.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #26
War Child

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by theu2fly

1. I Will Follow was never played on the 1st leg, and hardly played on the 3rd leg.

2. The 3rd leg never got New Year's Day

3. 40, Vertigo X2, Bad, With Or Without You -- reminds me of the POP era, where they didn't have a solid closer for the tour, it was always rotated.
1. Ok, I'll give you "lack of I Will Follow in the American shows." But it's still been played over 700 times, I'd hardly call it missing half a leg disappointing.

2. Yeah, but the first two legs did, and the same thing applies here as in IWF - it hardly missed a show from 83-90, and only missed the first two legs of Zoo, 10 or 12 Popmart shows, and maybe 1/3 of Elevation shows since.

So your comments are valid if you want to hear I Will Follow and New Years Day in every dang setlist U2 ever plays. I wish we had some way to test this......some way to figure out every possible combination of songs that you want the band to play....
Old 02-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Pride and BTBS have seriously got to leave the setlists.

BTBS for good and Pride needs to be rotated, I would say get rid of it but come on...it's one of their biggest hits and there's no way of that happening. Event though it sounds really dull on this tour.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #28
Refugee

Location: If yer name was "Nether" and ye owned some lands, what might ye call yer lands?
Local Time: 02:42 AM
it's getting boring but my biggest dissapointment is also
Pride-Streets-One...3 huge hits in a row is just too much for me.
it's getting a bit cheesy this way.

didn't like the LAPOE-SBS-BTBS combo either..although I like LAPOE an SBS, Bullet definately needs to go.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR
Pride and BTBS have seriously got to leave the setlists.

BTBS for good and Pride needs to be rotated, I would say get rid of it but come on...it's one of their biggest hits and there's no way of that happening. Event though it sounds really dull on this tour.
But then I would miss Edge's guitar solo in BTBS... I love that part but I agree that it isn't essential to the show.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Edge's solo in Bullet is great, but I don't like how he modified it this tour. Love the old Zoo TV or Popmart solos, those were great.

Just don't understand why the play it every night. It wasn't a hit or single, and it's not like its a fan favorite. Well, it was back in the day maybe. If we made a poll "should they stop playing bullet?" I'm guessing a majority of people say no.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #31
War Child

The faux-emotional buildup of Sometimes, followed by its pointless denoument.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:58 AM   #32
Refugee

-I Will Follow instead of other rarities
-crowd pleasers ISHFWLF/AIWIY
-WOWY.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #33
The Fly

I LOVE Original of the Species but the version they played during the last leg on tour was just OK. The "Conan O'Brien" version was terrific...Edge on guitar instead of piano.

Streets was disapointing only because the Bad-40snippet-Streets was maybe the best thing you will ever see on a U2 or any stage and that anything else would be a disapointment.

Could have done without Love and Peace or Else.

More Bad, More Bad, More Bad....Although I think they will sparingly play either Sunday Blooday Sunday or Pride during the next tour. They have so many "staples" now such these songs plus Beautiful Day and now Vertigo I'm sure that it is going to be hard to play them all going forward.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #34
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by boston2012
I LOVE Original of the Species but the version they played during the last leg on tour was just OK. The "Conan O'Brien" version was terrific...Edge on guitar instead of piano.
Yeah, The OOTS version with Edge on piano worked better than I expected, but it is still not near as good as with him on guitar.

No one has mentioned RTSS. It seemed a little anemic, with Bono's hesitant guitar work. Especially when the ZooTV version was one of the most beautiful things ever.

I agree about ABOY - I love it on the album, but live it struggled with only one guitar. It needs the two (or more) guitar parts as on the album to make it really rock.

BTBS was a bit disappointing compared to particularly the ZooTV and Elevation versions, which rocked so hard. This version just kind of quietly fades away at the end with a whimper. But despite that, I think that BTBS is a great song which deserves to be played at ever show, contrary to what many here think. It just needs to be played with more intensity than the Vertigo version.

I'd agree that I wish U2 would stop playing Pride, but I still thought that Streets and One were great.