Betya the play this song.... to kick off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagman

War Child
A source has said that Zoo Station was rehearsed recently.... How about Zoo Station kicking off 1 of the first 4 shows. I think it's a damn good chance...I mean who wants to hear Vertigo first up every time. They have so many great openers now.

:rockon: :shocked: :rockon:

One can only dream... dream...dream...

Although I do think it would be a mazzive step backwards if it were the opener. I don't exactly see any corralation between this album and Zoo Station.

I would love to see Zoo Station in the setlist... just not as the opener... lets find somthing else.

That said, when I'm in the arena - I want Zoo Station first :wink:

Why would U2 recycle an old opener? That's just wrong.
Zoo Station would be great as an encore opener or maybe after another rock song in the beginning(khm... Love and Peace... khm)

I would LOVE to hear Zoo Station played live again! Just not as the opener. That time has come and (sadly) gone.

I highly doubt Zoostation would be played at all this tour let alone as an opener. I think it's safe to assume that Vertigo WILL be played as the opener every night. This is the Vertigo tour. Same as Elevation being played as the opener every night for the Elevation tour.

I think Love is Blindess has a better shot at opening the Vertigo Tour as Zoo Station has. There is no way they would begin this tour w/ a rehash an older song that once opened.

I think the opener will be Vertigo - I'd put it at 85%
and perhaps L&PoE at 15%

If they do play Zoo Station, I would expect it to appear during the set, not at the start or the opening of the encore.

I disagree... There's no way they'll open with it, but I think if it is played the most likely spot would be the opening song of the encore.

drummerboy said:
I disagree... There's no way they'll open with it, but I think if it is played the most likely spot would be the opening song of the encore.

The reason I don't think it will open the encore is because of the nine and a half minute video on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that will be featured during the encore break. Zoo Station following that would be completely inappropriate. I think either Crumbs From Your Table or Love And Peace Or Else will open the encore.

Axver said:

because of the nine and a half minute video on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

is this a definite? God I hope not. I wanna go to a u2 show to :rockon: , not to feel like I'm in class. This is obviously Bono's idea if it is true, would the rest of the band agree to show a nine minute video of stuff that has nothing to with their music?

Last edited:
hopefully Love and Peace is the Encore opener..it's the only song that can rival Bullet for the title. but I could live with it being Zoo Station as well.

Just hoping something like Dirty day or Exit get a run somewhere this year.

RademR said:

is this a definite? God I hope not. I wanna go to a u2 show to :rockon: , not to feel like I'm in class. This is obviously Bono's idea if it is true, would the rest of the band agree to show a nine minute video of stuff that has nothing to with their music?

Seems definite, yes, and sounds pretty damn cool to me - a 3D video projected onto fog - but I am a nerd for stuff like this. It would make my concert complete. The more political Bono gets, the more I like him.

I hope not... 9,5 minutes is just too long and will put 90% of the audience in sleep! Like ´RademR´ said, I love their work etc, but I want to see them play...

Let's not forget that Beautiful Day opened the Elevation Tour - what was it, once, twice?

Zoo Station was undoubtedly the sickest opening U2 has done. It really set the mood for the night. But like someone said, its time as an opener might have passed, but when I'm in that arena and everyone is getting revved up, I want Zoo Station opening the show.

Macfistowannabe said:
Let's not forget that Beautiful Day opened the Elevation Tour - what was it, once, twice?

For the Elevation tour it was only once. 10/10/01 Notre Dame.
It also opened some of the promo shows and the Irving Plaza show in 2000. But ND was the only Elevation show it was the opener.

B. Day isnt opening this tour. I still say COBL :shrug: get ready for some production, I hope glitter and confetti doesnt stick to peoples hair! ;)

Love Peace or Else is also a good possibility. I dont think its going to be Vertigo. Just a hunch.

Last edited:
COBL would be a fitting opener......the backing track to start the song is breathtaking and could give an arena crowd tingles down their spines similar to the start of STREETS .

Love and Peace would bring the house down as the opener..wow..just think of the bass :drool:

I've picked Zoo and Mofo and Elevation...

so, my pick is ... ahhhhhh I can't decide between City and Love and Peace ...either straight into Vertigo.

I think Crumbs/Bullet will definitely open after the video.

I'm thrilled Zoo and Mofo are being rehearsed -- they both kick!!

Macfistowannabe said:

Beautiful Day opened on 10 October 2001 and thereby became the first ever lead single to open a full tour concert. No other lead single has ever opened a full tour concert, and it and Vertigo are the only lead singles to open ANY U2 appearance. So they aren't exactly likely to open. I am really starting to think the band may move away from opening with Vertigo (though I won't be surprised if they do it some of the time) because it's just so predictable.

And as I think Streets is the greatest opener ever, COBL opening would follow perfectly in its footsteps.

In the 80's opener's were mixed around quite frequently, especially Lovetown...Hell even In God's Country was an opener in one of the Melbourne shows.

So Zoo Station has been rehearsed again...it just might happen folks.. :wink:

stagman said:
In the 80's opener's were mixed around quite frequently, especially Lovetown...Hell even In God's Country was an opener in one of the Melbourne shows.

So Zoo Station has been rehearsed again...it just might happen folks.. :wink:

Well, that's definitely true compared to the nineties.

EIGHTIES
Pre-Boy and Boy Tour: All kinds of stuff, like Stories For Boys, The Ocean, and 11 O'clock Tick Tock.
October Tour: Gloria.
Pre-War Tour: Out Of Control.
War Tour Gloria and Out Of Control.
Under Australian Skies Tour: Gloria, Out Of Control, one instance of Wire.
The Unforgettable Fire Tour: 11 O'clock Tick Tock, a few instances of Gloria, one instance of MLK.
The Joshua Tree Tour: Where The Streets Have No Name, Stand By Me, and a few instances of Bullet The Blue Sky.
Lovetown: Where The Streets Have No Name (half of the total shows), Bullet The Blue Sky, Hawkmoon 269, Stand By Me, God Part II, In God's Country ... I think that's all!

NINETIES+ELEVATION
ZooTV: Zoo Station, except one instance of Sunday Bloody Sunday.
Popmart: Mofo. Only Mofo. That's all.
Elevation: Elevation, except one instance of Beautiful Day.

The nineties were a bit of a snooze, huh?

Yes, I'm just posting random facts because I'm really bored. I don't think I've actually contributed anything to this thread. Bring on varied openers!

Back
Top Bottom