Between this weekend shows and the four Chicago gigs...what will THEY do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Question : Between this weekend shows and the four Chicago gigs...what will THEY do?????

A: will they rehearse more songs....Crumbs , Dirty Day:drool: and U.Violet:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

or

B: shoot the video for City Of Blinding Lights?????

or

C: discuss what b-sides to put on the next single and talk about the rumored dvd box-set

I guess B , what ya all think?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I predict these songs will show up at the Chicago shows:

I Will Follow
Out of Control
Desire
All I Want Is You
Until the End of the World
Gone
Stuck in a Moment
Walk On
and... hopefully: Crumbs From Your Table

Some longshots I would really like to see:
Acrobat(still not giving up)
Love is Blindness
Ultra Violet
Dirty Day
Last Night on Earth
Please
Exit
and so on...

I hope they're going into the studio to work for a new album: release date march 2006, and then a sort of zooropa tour in 2006.

If they don't do it I hope they will rehearse: lemon, discotheque and hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.

And work out some ideas for the european stadium leg, for the stage design!

I'm hoping they will rehearse more songs, as I'll be at the first of the four Chicago shows. But I'll be happy either way, becuase it's my first of U2 shows

it would be freakin awesome to here UTEOTW and AIWIY. may 9th is 2 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :edge: :larry: :bono: :adam: :rockon: :whistle:

POP-ROMANCER said:
I hope they're going into the studio to work for a new album: release date march 2006, and then a sort of zooropa tour in 2006.

I think I read somewhere that they booked studio time in early 2006.

They better practice Party Girl for May 10th. I expect a full band rendition! :D

POP-ROMANCER said:

If they don't do it I hope they will rehearse: lemon, discotheque and hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.

And work out some ideas for the european stadium leg, for the stage design!

I think you mean 2007 :lol:

However, they are due in Australia in February next year so I would say a March release is pushing it a bit knowing how fussy Edge is during mixing and production!!!!!

Re: Re: Between this weekend shows and the four Chicago gigs...what will THEY do?

jphelmet said:

why would they shoot a video for a song about new york in chicago?

is there any reason to think this will be a single?

Who said they will be in Chicago during the week off?? They will either shoot a video or just relax is my guess. The stage wont be set up until 5-7 anyway and I doubt they will go into the studio to work on new songs for the tour.

My guess's for songs that will be done in Chicago that have not been done so far or done on a limited basis are:

Until The End Of The World
I Still Havent Found (done once so far)
With Or Without You (see above)
I Will Follow
Out Of Control

Possible but less likely would be:

Desire (acoustic most likely, unfortunately)
All I Want Is You

Long shots:

Crumbs From Your Table
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

I also think they will change the setlist order around quite a bit for the 3rd and/or 4th show. Should be exciting, wish I were going to be there this time!

I am very sure that there won't be I Will Follow or Out Of Control. We have The Electric Co. and Gloria for that.

I predict (AND HOPE, WISH AND PRAY FOR) Until The End Of The World and Crumbs From Your Table.

God Part III said:
I am very sure that there won't be I Will Follow or Out Of Control. We have The Electric Co. and Gloria for that.

Why would that be? We are talking about a 4 night stint here. IMO it would make sense to substitute Follow and Out Of Control on the last to nights for Electric Co and Gloria. Not to mention they have already worked on and played Out Of Control in NY last year. If the last 4 night stint in Chicago is any indication, these are probable. May not happen, but I dont know how you can say its "very sure" they wont be done??

Look for the format and songs to stay pretty much the same for Chicago. Bono pretty much said so in the VH1 special. A couple songs changed from night to night but that's about it. Looking forward, I believe Europe may see some changes in the song lineup.

If you're going to shoot a video about New York City, and you do not shoot it in New York City, might as well do it in Vancouver, that's basically the prettiest urban area I've ever laid eyes upon.

I'm sleepy.

bigwali said:
Look for the format and songs to stay pretty much the same for Chicago. Bono pretty much said so in the VH1 special. A couple songs changed from night to night but that's about it. Looking forward, I believe Europe may see some changes in the song lineup.

The format's going to change. Just look at what they did on Elevation.

RA-D said:
what happened on Elevation Axver?

They changed the order radically; the fourth night opened with essentially a ZooTV setlist.

Axver said:

They changed the order radically; the fourth night opened with essentially a ZooTV setlist.

BEST ELEVATION SHOW EVER!!!:rockon:

calmin down:wink:

God Part III said:

I predict (AND HOPE, WISH AND PRAY FOR) Until The End Of The World and Crumbs From Your Table.

I'm also predicting Crumbs for the 4 night Chicago set. Some Blue Cracker posted a reference to hearing the band practice Crumbs on the VH1 special, I heard that snippet too.

Either Chicago 3 or 4 will get Crumbs, just a hunch.

If I'm wrong, flame away.

If I'm right...hmm send me your spare GA to Minneapolis so I can fly solo that night; or maybe your cherished U2.com key chain.
:wink:

Shows will mostly remain the same...........Chicago will get a few extras since it's four nights ("WOWY" "ISHFWILF" "Crumbs"......).........think we'll see the A list (City as the opener, Electric Co-An Cat, Yahweh), then the B (LAPOE as the opener, Gloria-The Ocean, Bad, OOTS).......night three and four will change a bit by throwing in one or two of the aforementioned tracks.

Chicago 4th night on May16, 2001 they played...
Elevation, The Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing, One/Wake Up Dead Man, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, New York, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, Angel of Harlem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Pride
Encore: Bullet the Blue Sky/Young Americans, With or Without You, Beautiful Day, I Remember You, Walk On

So they are bound to play something new in CHicago, but I don't think we'll see a huge change...just 1 or 2...and maybe re-ordering??

Back
Top Bottom