Best seque into streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
What do you think is the best seque into streets, since there have been so many great ones. We've got

Joshua Tree Tour-Streets Opened
Zootv-Running to a Standstill -->Streets
Popmart-Please-->Streets
Elevation Tour-->Bad-->Streets, All I Want is You-->Streets
Vertigo Tour-Pride-->Streets

My favorites are
1.Please-->Streets
2.Bad-->Streets
3.as the opener
4.Running to a Standstill-->Streets
5.All I Want is You-->Streets
6.Pride-->Streets

I really liked;

1. Running To Standstill into Streets, the helicopter and synthesizer kicking in was golden.

2. All I Want Is You into Streets was really emotional and moving.

zoo tv
rtss into streets is #1

all i want is you into it was amazing as well.

the one on this tour is horrible, especially what Bono says before it jumps off.

You know, I was listening to the Twickenham broadcast the other day....this streets transition is highly underrated. It's hands down the best version of Pride since ZooTV, and the speech by Bono really flows with the intro of Streets...and vocally it's the best Streets ever... I dunno, apart from missing the blinding light at the start, there's not a darn thing wrong with it.

tommycharles said:
...vocally it's the best Streets ever...

Any reason for that?

In my opinion Streets on this tour lacks energy (relative to other tour versions). It has no "standout" elements to me, it seems as though it is standard fare.

thelaj said:
Any reason for that?

It's in D
The "oooh yeah"s at the beginning are great
but mostly, it's in D.

I really really hate it when bands downtune. And I still maintain that for U2, it's just out of habit now. Could they do Pride/Still Haven't in the original key? Sure. Will they? Probably not.

Back
Top Bottom