Bad to be regular on 4th leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know, the really confusing thing is, when someone defends the band, we get comments like "oh U2 cannot do anything wrong bla bla", but when someone attacks the band, they go on to state that the setlist or whatever else should be change, because THEY dont like it, or THEY dont like a certain area of it, so what about the people that DO like it? shouldnt they have every right to have there say, without comments such as "oh the band cannot do anything wrong",? i mean it seems perfectly ok to get on to band when you dont like something, but when someone does they get called for everything, its almost like if you say you like HTDAAB over POP.

U2Man said:
Hey Axver, U2 cannot do anything wrong :no:

and you obviously have nothing new to add either. I have to say the same comment from you constantly does get as lame as you think the U2 defenders are.

:laugh: (for you specifically)

but come on it is true, you just got to look through the forum to see that, the people that defend the band get called blind followers, and have comments made like "oh so they cant do no wrong then", but the people that dont like it, start pretty much demanding change, like its some god given right that they should have a show/album how they want it, i mean fair enough you dont like it, am sorry to hear you dont like it, but to continue to blame the band et all is out of order imo

p.s. am not getting at anyone here, just putting my views across like i always have, love ya's xx

Blue Room said:

and you obviously have nothing new to add either. I have to say the same comment from you constantly does get as lame as you think the U2 defenders are.

:laugh: (for you specifically)

Yes, you are indeed lame.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but come on it is true, you just got to look through the forum to see that, the people that defend the band get called blind followers, and have comments made like "oh so they cant do no wrong then", but the people that dont like it, start pretty much demanding change, like its some god given right that they should have a show/album how they want it, i mean fair enough you dont like it, am sorry to hear you dont like it, but to continue to blame the band et all is out of order imo

p.s. am not getting at anyone here, just putting my views across like i always have, love ya's xx

Oh, you are right. Its an enormous double standard. Its almost like those that like to bitch about everything the band does seem to think they are the intellectually superior or something. Like you are pathetic for actually liking what the band is doing or understanding why they are doing it. You could lay out logical arguments and examples that support what the band does or is doing and their response is (U2 can do nothing wrong with sarcasm and/or calling you a blind follower).

would love to see someone add something to the discussion, rather than blindly calling eachother lame :(

Blue Room said:

Oh, you are right. Its an enormous double standard. Its almost like those that like to bitch about everything the band does seem to think they are the intellectually superior or something. Like you are pathetic for actually liking what the band is doing or understanding why they are doing it. You could lay out logical arguments and examples that support what the band does or is doing and their response is (U2 can do nothing wrong with sarcasm and/or calling you a blind follower).
my feelings totally

and all through this tour, people have asked for songs like UTEOTW, and bad to make a more regular apperance, this looks to have happend, people asked for the electric co to be brought back, this has happend, people asked for the "rocking encore" to come back, this has also happend, so :shrug:

Last edited:
Bad is one of the best U2 songs and of course it should be regular on 4th leg.

Regarding the "always the same old tired boring set-list" it is O.K. if somebody complaints about same set-list (like on 2nd leg in most of the European concerts), but just if you were there many times. It is something completely different if you "see" the show on the different fun sites.

On the other hand nobody forces you that you attend multiple shows, so it is your choice and a risk to hear always the same songs.

I liked every U2 concert that I have seen, no matter what they played, but when you have such a great catalogue as U2 has, it should be great challenge to play the songs like Acrobat (never played live as we know), Unforgettable fire, One tree hill, When I look at the world, Please or any other song rarely played in the last few years.
If I had/wrote a song like Acrobat I would definitely spent some more quality time on rehearsals and played it live for the joy of the audience and for myself.

And go for it U2 defenders, it is U2 fun site after all!

Utoo said:

But can Bono handle singing Bad every single night...??

Exactly. It's a very demanding song, and I think that's the very reason they chose to play it at the end of concerts.

But I must add, I'll be very mad if they drop it by the time they get here.

Back
Top Bottom