Bad Should Be Played Every night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly think this is the biggest head scratcher--put aside hits and personal favorites--this is the quintessential live U2 song. I understand what they did last tour by alternating it with AIWIY, but to basically ignore it with the exception of a handful of dates...I just don't get it.

i think the fact that they don't play it very much now kind of adds to its mystique. it's not one of my favourites but it's a superb song nonetheless. So when they do play it and you hear the famous sequencer sound at the start and then edge's gentle guitar, it does become one of the ultimate U2 experiences.

i think they should play it a bit more but not make it a regular.

I think the problem w/ playing Bad EVERY night is the strain on Bono's vocal chords. I could be wrong, but I suspect it's difficult to sing night after night w/ such intensity and passion and have the vocals sound perfect each time.

I know they've gone many concerts in a row w/ him signing Bad, but Bono's not getting any younger.

Axver, any idea what the longest stretch of continuous concerts w/ Bad making an appearance is?

Great song - IMHO it defines U2, it makes them better than everyone else.

With that said, I went to Boston 10/04 telling my buddies that I don't care what they play as long as OOTS and Bad gets played. I later found out that they had to sacrifice those two songs:mad: :banghead: and replace them with 40 because they were already past the local curfew. What The Fuc:censored:

YBORCITYOBL said:
Great song - IMHO it defines U2, it makes them better than everyone else.

With that said, I went to Boston 10/04 telling my buddies that I don't care what they play as long as OOTS and Bad gets played. I later found out that they had to sacrifice those two songs:mad: :banghead: and replace them with 40 because they were already past the local curfew. What The Fuc:censored:

Tell us how you really feel - lol

Just bring back Bad. It's simple- we all love it and nobody here would feel awful if they "had" to listen to Bad.

The best versions of Bad though, IMHO, are from the last tour when they blended Bad right into WTSHNN. That was emotional, religious and sexual all at once. You're not the same after seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom