Axver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

You can actually find information like that really easily too. It's just that I have it memorised. For example, 9 January 1990 was the last time both Gloria and God Part II were played. Interestingly enough, they were played consecutively that night.

Uhh, or you can flip to the corresponding page in 'U2 Live: A Concert Documentary by Pimm Jal De La Parra. Sorry, didn't mean to bust you out. :wink:

PhoenixGNX said:

Uhh, or you can flip to the corresponding page in 'U2 Live: A Concert Documentary by Pimm Jal De La Parra. Sorry, didn't mean to bust you out. :wink:

Actually, I don't have that book - can't find it! I keep asking my family to order it in for my birthday or Christmas, but no luck.

I have a lot of u2-vertigo-tour.com memorised, though.

Macfistowannabe said:
How's it feel to have a thread titled in your name?

I've had two in my honour so far! *lookssmug*

They didn't really get more than 20/30 posts, but what the hell. It was fun being famous (well... ish) for a few2 minutes.

:wink:

U2FanPeter said:
Axver, how often do the group rehearse unrecorded material during tour soundchecks? Which have surfaced in audio?

U2FP

I haven't heard that many soundchecks, but it seems the band do play unreleased material during tour soundchecks sometimes - I honestly don't know about the Elevation Tour, but from what I've heard from the eighties and nineties, they did more unreleased material in the eighties. Sometimes they just fool around and jam together, sometimes they actually practise new songs they are developing, and sometimes they create stuff - Pride came about in a Hawaiian War Tour soundcheck and Acrobat came about in a New Zealand Lovetown soundcheck. Then, on the Joshua Tree Tour, you have songs such as Move Out and My Time Hasn't Come that were rehearsed and trialled but never played or released. I believe She's A Mystery To Me and Slow Dancing appeared in JT and Lovetown soundchecks for a while until they were debuted live.

The soundchecks I know of that are in audio are 1983-03-10, 1984-11-12, 1987-04-25, 1987-11-07, 1989-10-07, 1997-06-12. I know plenty more exist, but I just can't remember dates right now. Those are the ones that I have.

Hope that sheds at least some light for you.

TheRat said:
Axver:

What Other Bands Do You Listen To? Just out of curiosity.. :eyebrow:

Dream Theatre, Porcupine Tree, Crowded House, Split Enz, Pink Floyd, Muse, The Chills, The Feelers, Dire Straits, Talking Heads, Queen, stuff like that.

I've got a setlist question for you that I know you can't answer -- what precedes City Of Blinding Lights on March 28th, 2005? :wink:

the tourist said:
I've got a setlist question for you that I know you can't answer -- what precedes City Of Blinding Lights on March 28th, 2005? :wink:

You bastard! :wink:

I'm hoping it's the opener! Otherwise ... anybody's guess!

The OOTS said:
Is your first name Axver?
Last name?
Nickname?

Just what is 'Axver'?

First name? No, that's André.
Last name? For online purposes, yes. I have been known to accidentally write it in real life too, and when filling out official forms, I have to pause just to make sure I write my real last name.
Nickname? Yeah, some know me as Axver rather than André.

Axver is actually the last name of a number of characters I invented in a story - one of my hobbies is creative writing. Amak Axver is my favourite creation and so when I made my first account online, I used Axver as my screen name, and it has stuck.

Back
Top Bottom