Ask the setlist generork.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many times has I Will Follow been played.... AND how many different bootlegged performance of it do you have?

the tourist said:
How many times has I Will Follow been played.... AND how many different bootlegged performance of it do you have?

I Will Follow ... last I saw, it was 611 but I've added a few more setlists since then, so I think it would now be around 620.

Heh, not sure how many bootlegs!

And ha, I was just a bit off with that count. 662 times at 630 concerts.

Macfistowannabe said:
Vegas, and it was pretty infamous. Pardon my cynicism. Still, I think it could've been a potentially defining moment of Popmart had it been rehearsed. Perhaps it could have fit in great towards the end of the setlist.

I was at San Diego where it was attempted to be played. It sounded very raw but cool. Before the song really got into swing we heard a loud pop and distortion. They stopped regrouped and went onto the next song. I always felt this song would be awsome if they played it accoustic like how they did staring at the sun.

macphisto23 said:
Im going to ask for the Scarlet MP3 now, do you know the date?

14 October 1981. I'd love to hear it too as I've never found a copy.

Axver, great site man...love the work you have put in.

Q: How many times has Bono sung the extra verse to WOWY? :wink:

Q: Is there's any chance that LEMON going to make it to the setlist??

Q: IF U2 decides to play LEMON, where do you think will fit in the setlist??

Axver said:

So Cruel was sung in full just once, and was only done by Bono, not the full band

actually, I have a sound check recording of the full band doing it.
sounds great.

JOFO said:

actually, I have a sound check recording of the full band doing it.
sounds great.

Yeah, I have one of those too; they really should have done it live full band. In proper concerts, the most we got was a full version played solo by Bono.

cmb737 said:
Axver, great site man...love the work you have put in.

Q: How many times has Bono sung the extra verse to WOWY? :wink:

Thanks. I actually don't know how many times Bono has added that verse ... I'd love to be able to compile that. I'm working on adding snippets and the sort to u2-vertigo-tour.com in what seems to be a never-ending process.

Dragonfave said:
Q: Is there's any chance that LEMON going to make it to the setlist??

Q: IF U2 decides to play LEMON, where do you think will fit in the setlist??

A1: I really didn't think it had any chance at all, so the Mexican rehearsals surprised me and I'm still skeptical of them.

A2: Probably mid-way through the main set, a little bit before any acoustic set.

Axver said:

14 October 1981. I'd love to hear it too as I've never found a copy.

I've got a copy of Scarlet live....from memory it's really poor quality and I'm not even sure if the recording that was made of it is even complete. I'll dig it out and find it. I'm happy to email it on too.

Hasn't come through yet mate, but when it does, I'll send you an email back.

I've got tons of stuff from all eras, so if there's anything you want in particular, ask, and if I've got it I'll send it through!

Good to see a couple of aussie bhoys here......

What was the first time the band only and in full played angel of harlem ?

Was it London 2 19 Aug 01 ......

Depends how you define 'band only and in full'. Lovetown obviously doesn't count as they were with BB King's band, but on ZooTV, the whole band played the whole song on the b-stage, commencing on the opening night of Zoo, 29 February 1992. On 27 October 1988, the band did play Angel Of Harlem at the Dublin premiere of RAH, but I have no idea of the nature of this song, who played, how much they did, et cetera. The first time it was played on Elevation was 26 March 2001 but I don't know if it was full band or not.

Yeah its all in the definition i guess , Lovetown they were with BB King , Zoo was B-Stage , RAH was accoustic , Smile Jamaica had a Brass Section......but i thought that every Angel performance on elevation up until London was acoustic from the Tip of the heart ?

I could be wrong ......

celticbhoy said:
Yeah its all in the definition i guess , Lovetown they were with BB King , Zoo was B-Stage , RAH was accoustic , Smile Jamaica had a Brass Section......but i thought that every Angel performance on elevation up until London was acoustic from the Tip of the heart ?

I could be wrong ......

Well, I don't have bootlegs of the Elevation performances of Angel Of Harlem before the London show, so I don't know. Actually, that's not true, I have 2001-06-08 but I can't remember if AOH is acoustic then or not!

I consider the ZooTV one to be the whole song, full band because, although they were on the b-stage, it wasn't a stripped down acoustic version. Edge played an electric guitar and Larry had a proper kit.

But if you're looking for the whole band on the main stage with no accompaniment, then I guess 19 August 2001 is the first time!

I'd probably agree with you Axver....

I was at the show on the 19/8/2001 and it was a surprise when they started playing Angel of Harlem. I was very close to the stage and the one thing I remember about that particular version of Angel of Harlem is Bono shouting to Edge for the chords going into the bridge (ooh ooh she sends her heart...).

That show was a definate high point of that particular leg of the tour. Fantastic performance.

The long version? I've been looking for that for a while and never found it! I was hoping one of my friends would buy the Complete U2 on iTunes and make an MP3 copy for me, but they never did get the Complete U2 ...

How many times was the longer snippet of Peace on Earth (like 27 November 2001) done on the Elevation tour?

Back
Top Bottom