Are the Vertigo Tour setlist`s better than the Elevation Tour setlist`s????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hawkfire said:
To be fair, I omitted Zoostation as a Vertigo regular (they didn't play it at the show I saw...GRRRR),and that has been a nice one to have back (even if better choices - ahem, Ultraviolet - exist).
Nevertheless, my conclusion still remains the same. Elevation is still the BIG WINNER of "Zenith U2" (1991-1997) and still the WINNER of the Overall.
but stats and please were both acoustic, and many moaned about wanting the acoustic set dropped, so if that was dropped it would be the same as now, no pop songs on the 3rd leg

same could be said for stay

AtomicBono said:

Please and Staring at the Sun were both on the 3rd leg.
yes acoustic, which many people wanted dropping (the acoustic set)

and am sorry listening to these european boots imo this setlist flat out ROCKS :drool:

Hawkfire said:
To be fair, I omitted Zoostation as a Vertigo regular (they didn't play it at the show I saw...GRRRR),and that has been a nice one to have back (even if better choices - ahem, Ultraviolet - exist).
Nevertheless, my conclusion still remains the same. Elevation is still the BIG WINNER of "Zenith U2" (1991-1997) and still the WINNER of the Overall.

Zoo Station's been skipped at very few shows. Not a single European one. It IS a set regular.

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes acoustic, which many people wanted dropping (the acoustic set)

and am sorry listening to these european boots imo this setlist flat out ROCKS :drool:

Please was full band at least once...which is the way it SHOULD be. :drool: they need to bring that back this tour, really, then I could probably honestly say Vertigo setlists are better without that nagging "where's the pop!" in the back of my mind.

Axver, re-reading my post I can see how it could be misinterpreted. I was following up my original post (which erroneously excluded Zoostation) and wanted to correct myself by INCLUDING Zoostation as a regular. But, as I conclude, its presence as a regular still does not alter my conclusion.

Hawkfire said:
Axver, re-reading my post I can see how it could be misinterpreted. I was following up my original post (which erroneously excluded Zoostation) and wanted to correct myself by INCLUDING Zoostation as a regular. But, as I conclude, its presence as a regular still does not alter my conclusion.

Oooh, gotcha.

It doesn't help that I'm really ill today. My comprehension skills are on holiday in Tibet, I think.

I'd have to say that Elevation takes the cake as the better show. The setlist flowed much better and there was some serious emotion in the show---something which I think the Vertigo Tour is lacking(been to 2 shows so far).

On the other hand, I love the songs that are being played on vertigo. An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, Zoo Station among others are all awesome...but they don't seem to flow that great together and from the shows I saw I just didn't get that "feeling" I got when I saw U2 in 2001.

ImOuttaControl said:
I'd have to say that Elevation takes the cake as the better show. The setlist flowed much better and there was some serious emotion in the show---something which I think the Vertigo Tour is lacking(been to 2 shows so far).

On the other hand, I love the songs that are being played on vertigo. An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, Zoo Station among others are all awesome...but they don't seem to flow that great together and from the shows I saw I just didn't get that "feeling" I got when I saw U2 in 2001.
maybe because there 2 completley different shows?

god next people will be complaining they had the same feeling they did last tour

KUEFC09U2 said:

god next people will be complaining they had the same feeling they did last tour

I'm not complaining, I just think the Elevation tour was better than the current tour which is no crime. I prefer Elevation because it had much more emotion(vertigo is a rocking concert, but pretty soul-less IMO) and the setlist of Elevation seemed to flow better. Re-read my post if you need more explanation.

And if you just don't like my opinion, don't fucking read it or ignore it all together.

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:

Can't somebody express an contradictary opinion in this forum without you jumping all over them??? Gets tiresome.

This person was explaining why they liked the Elevation Tour better than the current one....which is context with the title of this thread.

If you don't agree....keep the unkind comments to yourself.

Last edited:
I would probably say this tour has a better setlist. There are more songs for one thing, and I for one really do like Vertigo x2. I prefer rare songs this tour like Gloria and Wild Horses to rare songs on Elevation like 11 O'Clock, and Electric Co and RTSS sound great.

Hawkfire said:
Call me a contrarian, but I'm going to go with Elevation.

"NEW" U2 (2000-present):

First off, Elevation only had 7 regular post 2000 U2 songs: B Day/Elevation/Walk On/Stuck/Kite/NY/IALW. GBHF makes occassional appearance as does Wild Honey at the end.

Vertigo features 10 post 2000 songs: B Day/Elev, 7 Bomb tracks, Vertigo x2.

WINNER: Elevation, the less here the better, and Walk On & Kite are terrific songs, so the 7 trumps the 10. Vertigo x2 is embarrassing. Miracle Drug is an arena-wide beer run. Nothing on Bomb belongs in any U2 set I'd dream up...

:huh:

This has only got something to do with which album you think is better.... IMO, the more NEW material that is being played the better. Why? Because U2 have a tendency to play a certain subset of the old songs endlessly. So if they played less of the new songs we would get even more of these overplayed tunes.......which I wouldn't appreciate.

I think the Elevation shows were better.

1. Walking on stage with house lights on and busting into Elevation...classic.

2. UTEOTW duel with Edge...good energy!

3. Rants during Bullet ie. Mark Chapman, etc

4. Bono running around like crazy to the Fly. ie Jumping into crowd, hanging on the screen, etc

5. Bad > 40 > Streets, awesome segue

6. pulling people out of audience to play guitar

7. Mad dashes around the heart.

8. Pulling flags from audience during SBS

9. Joey Ramone tributes

10. Walk On closer

11. No repeating of songs

12. The played some Pop and Zooropa

I have to agree Bono's voice is better this tour, and I like the idea of a 10min Bad closing, but the Elevation tour seemed more heartfelt IMO. And yes...I have seen a Vertigo tour show.

I prefered Elevation, when the setlists weren't as predictable as they are now and there was more intimacy between band and audience. Also more spontaneity whenever a bandmember felt like having a stroll down the catwalk. With Vertigo every catwalkwalk happens on cue at the same time during the same song on every show. Plus Bono was doing a little less ranting then he does now. Then he only ranted about Africa during One, now its spread to three full songs.
Plus the Elevation setlist flowed better, Vertigo just doesn't flow right. Especially the outro to close of the main set.

Although Vertigo and the Vertigo setlist are better then 3rd leg Elevation.

I prefer the Vertigo show but the Elevation setlists were slightly better IMO... we had stuff like Spanish Eyes! :drool: Okay, but in Vertigo we had Gloria... :bow: It's hard to decide.

Back
Top Bottom