Anyone want to play a game of setlist trivia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) I WILL FOLLOW
2) besides Vertigo... Gloria !!!!
3) :dunno:
4) Numb, Seconds, Van Diemen's Land, Party Girl, Stand By me (I Have proof), Sweet Caroline, Suspicious Minds, Dancing Queen, Macarena... a lot
5) The Sweetest Thing
6) WOWY

:wink:

2. Mothers of the Disappeared(December 1987 shows)
3. Macarena, probably...
6. Bullet the Blue Sky
I agree with pepokiss on the other ones. Stand By Me was sung by Edge in Stockholm, June 11st 1992(that's one performance I know about).

OK, one question, If I may.
At which shows was Night and Day played?
Hint: There were two shows, at one it was only snippeted and the other was full band(but not with Larry and Adam, oddly).

gabriele1971 said:
I have some trivia's for you all.
1) which song has been played in almost all positions in the set?
2) in which song bono sang in a language that is not english?
3) which cover song was done only once? they are 2 covers, actually.
4) which songs has Edge sung live?
5) which song did bono play piano on? easy one.
6) which song had the most changing arrangement from tour to tour?

1. I Will Follow, though there are others that have moved around a lot too.
2. An Cat Dubh [well, at least in the studio!], Gloria, Guantanamera, El Pueblo Vencera, Zooropa [well, I've only heard one of the three performances and it lacks the German line, but maybe he sung it during the other two?], Vertigo ...
3. Won't Get Fooled Again and Tequila Sunrise.
4. Seconds, Van Diemen's Land, Numb, Party Girl, Lost Highway, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and a whole variety of non-U2 songs during his karaoke segment on Popmart.
5. The Sweetest Thing.
6. I'm not knowledgable about musical stuff, but The Fly's change from ZooTV to Popmart was pretty drastic, and Bullet The Blue Sky's been different on every tour.

Last edited:
djerdap said:
OK, one question, If I may.
At which shows was Night and Day played?
Hint: There were two shows, at one it was only snippeted and the other was full band(but not with Larry and Adam, oddly).

MusiCares gig on 21 March 2003 was Bono and Edge. I'm hoping a bootleg of this leaks soon. I don't know of the snippet, though.

New question: what is the only song to appear on both the earliest known setlist of a proper U2 concert and the most recent setlist of a proper U2 concert?

(In other words, I'm not talking TV appearances or setlists for which we only know a few songs. I mean a proper U2 concert for which we have the whole set.)

Axver said:

MusiCares gig on 21 March 2003 was Bono and Edge. I'm hoping a bootleg of this leaks soon. I don't know of the snippet, though.

That is correct. Nobody knows where the snippet was played? Hint: it was snippeted after Beautiful Day.

nt2626 said:
out of control?

Yep, exactly.

Originally posted by djerdap
Nobody knows where the snippet was played? Hint: it was snippeted after Beautiful Day.

You've got me stumped here. I even looked it up and I can't find it.

Philadelphia, June 11th 2001
Bono sang few lines of Night and Day after Beautiful Day.

djerdap said:
Philadelphia, June 11th 2001
Bono sang few lines of Night and Day after Beautiful Day.

A-ha! That was definitely a good question! Got another for us?

during JT Tour, lovetown tour and elevation, which were the most "upside down" setlists?

hints: JT tour leg 2
LT not europe
Elevation 2 shows, leg 1 + 3

Which song have you probably not seen or heard live unless you have been to NE Scotland? (I was there, saw it, heard it, taped it but I've lost my tape and it, the song, wan't that bad of a performance, I think they could have made it work)

Which 3 songs premiered in the West of Scotland ? (Can you guess where I used to live ?)

Upside down setlist on Lovetown: 1 December 1989, Osaka.

Song in NE Scotland: Like A Song.

I'll be back to do the rest later. Now's not a thinking time. Maybe someone else will get them before my return.

cardosino said:
Which song have you probably not seen or heard live unless you have been to NE Scotland? (I was there, saw it, heard it, taped it but I've lost my tape and it, the song, wan't that bad of a performance, I think they could have made it work)

Which 3 songs premiered in the West of Scotland ? (Can you guess where I used to live ?)

Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day and Surrender premiered in Glasgow.

gabriele1971 said:
during JT Tour, lovetown tour and elevation, which were the most "upside down" setlists?

LT not europe

Elevation leg 3 was 10 October 2001, Notre Dame.

Two questions:

1. How frickin' awesome is the newly leaked Night and Day MusiCares version?
2. Where and when was the longest recorded performance of Bad played(clocks at 16 minutes and 16 seconds)?

djerdap said:
Two questions:

1. How frickin' awesome is the newly leaked Night and Day MusiCares version?
2. Where and when was the longest recorded performance of Bad played(clocks at 16 minutes and 16 seconds)?

1. Sen-bloody-sational. I wish I were in more of a positive mood to appreciate it, but instead I'm looping SYCMIOYO.
2. 26 May 1985, Stuttgart, isn't it?

gabriele1971 said:

LT not europe

OK, I think I know the other two. JT leg 2 - is that 13 June 1987 at Wembley? Now Elevation leg one ... that could be either 16 May 2001, Chicago or 9 June 2001, Boston and I'm not sure which you mean. I am going to say the answer is 9 June 2001, as Pride follows Elevation.

Here's another question for everyone: what was particularly special about the 27 December 1989 performance of Two Hearts Beat As One, besides the fact that was the last time it has been played live?

(if i´m not mistaken it wasn´t only played in one tour.in the zooropa tour that ran between may and september in europe in 1993-and off the top of my head,i am not sure exactly if they did play it after all...)

I WILL FOLLOW -is this the song that is the answer to the question?

anyway,may i...
how about this one.

in the first of 2 only outdoor dates in the second leg of a particular tour,u2 played 2 extra songs at a concert after the regular setlist had ended.

-name that concert.
-name those 2 songs.

take care

sorry !!

i posted the last post by mistake.sorry.i was viewing the first page of this thread.so ,the answer i will follow had obviuosly been given before by someone else and accurately too.

but,my question i do want to respectfully keep.

-name the concert.
-name those two songs.

stay well everybody

sorry

i´ll do this in the correct order.

i would like to answer your question.on the 27 december 89 concert in dublin,i think,that the song two hearts beat as one played that night is probably the longest version ever of that song.i could be wrong though....

my question:

in the first of 2 only outdoor dates in the second leg of a particular tour,u2 came back on stage and played 2 songs after the regular setlist had been played.

-name that tour.
-name that concert.
-name those 2 songs.

thanks for your patience (about me messing up with my posts)

thesweetthorn said:
sorry

i´ll do this in the correct order.

i would like to answer your question.on the 27 december 89 concert in dublin,i think,that the song two hearts beat as one played that night is probably the longest version ever of that song.i could be wrong though....

my question:

in the first of 2 only outdoor dates in the second leg of a particular tour,u2 came back on stage and played 2 songs after the regular setlist had been played.

-name that tour.
-name that concert.
-name those 2 songs.

thanks for your patience (about me messing up with my posts)

Elevation
Torino
Pride, Out of Control

Axver said:
Here's another question for everyone: what was particularly special about the 27 December 1989 performance of Two Hearts Beat As One, besides the fact that was the last time it has been played live?

first time used as an encore maybe ?

cardosino said:

first time used as an encore maybe ?

Nope. It had appeared in the encore on earlier tours, albeit not particularly regularly. And thesweetthorn may be right about 27 December 1989 being the longest THBAO as I honestly wouldn't know, but I'm pretty sure War performances were longer.

And you beat me to Elevation Torino! Though to give a date, that was 21 July 2001.

may i place a new question....

(this one is actually too easy...you just have to check really)

on the barcelona concert in palau saint jordi in the elevation european leg,in an impromptu moment bono turned to edje and after asking for the appropriate guitar asked edje to play a song.which song was it? bare in mind it was a special night...why?...

thesweetthorn said:
may i place a new question....

(this one is actually too easy...you just have to check really)

on the barcelona concert in palau saint jordi in the elevation european leg,in an impromptu moment bono turned to edje and after asking for the appropriate guitar asked edje to play a song.which song was it? bare in mind it was a special night...why?...

It's either Spanish Eyes or Party Girl, I'm going to guess Party Girl as it was Edge's birthday and Bono sang impromptu lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom