Another setlist rumor at a Spanish site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...and some tour info too. This is the setlist posted there:

Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
The Fly
Miracle Drug
Until the End of the World
Ultra Violet
Please
New York
Love and Peace or Else
Sometimes you can´t make it on your own
-----------------
Acoustic/B-stage:

All I want is you
One Step Closer
Angel of Harlem

-------------------
Crumbs from your table
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
New Year's Day
With or Without You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Bullet the Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
One
All Because of You

Someone who speaks Spanish can perhaps fill us in on the details posted there(some stage desing info...):

http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?f=18&i=27771&t=27771

Information in that post

This information comes from a radio show which is supposed to be very accurate in the information they give about groups like Rolling Stones or U2.

Supposedly, their correspondent had an interview with Paul McGuiness. Paul told him that the stage will have several platforms and a video system very sophisticated (the most sophisticated at this very moment).

The stage will be larger and more spectacular than what it was in the Elevation Tour but not as much as it was in ZooTv or Popmart. Because of the different kind of venues, in Europe the stage will be a little larger than in the US.

They are rehearsing 35 songs, and a regular setlist for any given concert may be close to 21-23 songs. The only clue about the songs that Paul gave him is how they are going to link WOWY and Streets. It is supposed to be the most amazing moment of the concert.

djerdap said:
...and some tour info too. This is the setlist posted there:

Ultra Violet

Oh man, I'm gonna pass out if they play these 2 back to back...

Great setlist, if it will be confirmed I'll be very happy ^^

(The Fly :drool: Ultra Violet :drool::drool: Please :drool::drool::drool: LOVE & PEACE OR ELSE!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon: )

PS: However ending with ABOY is a little bit weard. And where are OOTS and Yahweh? The band said they are excited about playing these songs...

Last edited:
Again, the setlist is not set in stone. If this list has any kind of truth behind it, I'm sure its just a list of some of the songs rehearsed. The setlist won't be detirmined until 2 weeks from tonight!!!!

It looks good, however, I would expect to see I Will Follow, Out of Control, and Original of the Species since they were already played on the promo tour. And maybe even Desire too.

Please/New York back to back would be fantastic.

People, that's clearly not a full set. It peters out at the end, and One between SBS and ABOY just does not work. If that is true and the band are thinking of that as an order, it could be taken to mean that they aren't yet sure how to end it or where to place ABOY - perhaps they'd rather not do the one-two punch of Vertigo/ABOY because it could be seen as repetitive.

:shrug: That's just my speculation, though.

The most interesting part is that they talk about WOWY --> Streets. That would be very interesting indeed ... I'd love to hear it, as long as Bono's voice can do it and (preferably) include the "shine like stars" verse.

Re: Information in that post

Realgodi said:

The only clue about the songs that Paul gave him is how they are going to link WOWY and Streets. It is supposed to be the most amazing moment of the concert.

I'm getting chills just thinking about that...:drool:

This set-list makes some sense, but yes it's probably incomplete (I can't see them finishing with ABOY either), and we will see changes throughout the tour anyways. Could be a good indication however, and it looks pretty good to me as a whole, except for New York. I don't see why they would have that song permanently in the set-list...

Yeah, seriously:wink: I trust anything coming form the Spanish and pertaining to U2... they seem to have special connections..:shifty:

The only clue about the songs that Paul gave him is how they are going to link WOWY and Streets. It is supposed to be the most amazing moment of the concert.
:drool: :drool: :drool:
...and then i'll die happy.

oceane said:
Yeah, seriously:wink: I trust anything coming form the Spanish and pertaining to U2... they seem to have special connections..:shifty:

It is so easy to talk when you have no idea what you are talking about. This information comes from a radio programme in Catalonia (Spain for some, just Catalonia for others) that has been on air for about twenty years. You can´t imagine the sources that this guy (Jordi Tardà) has.

Anyway, we can come back to this post when we know the real setlist. Nobody is saying it will be the one shown in this post. We just say, and I am completely sure if Tardà says so, that 80-90% of the songs in this setlist will be played.

Kind Regards

bcn_07/08/05 said:

It is so easy to talk when you have no idea what you are talking about. This information comes from a radio programme in Catalonia (Spain for some, just Catalonia for others) that has been on air for about twenty years. You can´t imagine the sources that this guy (Jordi Tardà) has.

Anyway, we can come back to this post when we know the real setlist. Nobody is saying it will be the one shown in this post. We just say, and I am completely sure if Tardà says so, that 80-90% of the songs in this setlist will be played.

Kind Regards

Too bad Bono said the setlist isn't done yet.

I agree, the setlist is not ready yet. And it will vary from concert to concert. But they are working on 35 songs, and I think that the ones in this setlist are among these 35 songs.

This rumour has something that differentiates it from the others: a transition between WOWY and Streets. If this becomes true, appart from being such a wonderful thing that we will remember for our entire life, will prove that Tardà has really good sources. If not, we will just forget as always happens. I trust this guy.

Anyway, what do you think about this transition? Can you imagine what it could be like? I mean, when and how to link both songs?

lemon_vr6 said:

Too bad Bono said the setlist isn't done yet.

And the setlist offered here clearly isn't done. The ending is obviously incomplete, and some of the other transitions don't work or could be enhanced. So while Bono says the setlist isn't ready, this information could potentially be reliable - these are songs the band are rehearsing and they have some parts of the setlist done but not all.

What Bono's comments prove is that bigloader is full of shit.

Let's fill in some gaps. 35 songs are apparently being rehearsed, including:

djerdap said:
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
The Fly
Miracle Drug
Ultra Violet
Please
New York
Love and Peace or Else
Sometimes you can´t make it on your own
-----------------
Acoustic/B-stage:

All I want is you
One Step Closer
Angel of Harlem

-------------------
Crumbs from your table
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
New Year's Day
With or Without You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Bullet the Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
One
All Because of You

23 songs. We have 12 more to add. Well, from the new album, we're missing A Man And A Woman, Original Of The Species, and Yahweh. The first has been rehearsed in Mexico, the second has already been played, and the third excites Adam. So let's add them. Let's also add I Will Follow, Out Of Control, and 11 O'clock Tick Tock. Pride and ISHFWILF were done at the RARHOF induction. In fact, let's pool together our rumours and see the song selection we have.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. SYCMIOYO
4. LAPOE
5. COBL
6. ABOY
7. AMAAW
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. OOTS
11. Yahweh
12. I Will Follow
13. Out Of Control
14. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
15. Gloria
16. A Celebration
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. New Year's Day
19. Pride
20. The Unforgettable Fire
21. Streets
22. ISHFWILF
23. WOWY
24. Bullet
25. RTSS
26. Exit
27. Desire
28. Angel Of Harlem
29. All I Want Is You
30. One
31. UTEOTW
32. The Fly
33. Ultra Violet
34. Love Is Blindness
35. Lemon
36. Please
37. Beautiful Day
38. Stuck In A Moment
39. New York
40. Fast Cars

Tell me if I've accidentally omitted anything rumoured, but the rumours may have an astonishing amount of accuracy there. We have a list of 40 songs there, and U2 apparently have a pool of 35, including all of HTDAAB and Fast Cars. Very interesting ...

Electrical Storm. Although no rumors yet. Ground Beneath Her Feet was played on Elevation sporadically. Possibly a similar role for Electrical Storm on Vertigo Tour!?

this set list has some good ideas but it's obviously not the real one.

OOTS is going to be played at EVERY us show this tour.
IWF will be played at more than 50%, and so will Out of Control, in my opinion.

Those three half to be on there. and then there's PRIDE, you know their gonna play that at least half the time.

Theres no way "New York" is a regular on the set list. It will make an appearance in MSG, that's it.

these threads should be renamed as "New Rumored REHEARSALS", not set lists.

PS - I do not want New York played in New York.....or anywhere for that matter:mad:

Beautiful Day
The Fly
Ultra Violet
Please
All I want is you
Crumbs from your table
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday

I don't care, as long as these are played I'll have a truly wonderful evening.

bcn_07/08/05 said:

Kind Regards

I'm sorry if I looked like I didn't trust the source, because it was not my intention at all. I was joking because we had the Spanigh clip and all, and was actually serious about some good/true news often coming through U2eastlink. Wrong choice of smilies maybe:wink:

The fact that I actually commented on this set-list is a proof that I think it might be legit. Everything can only be a rumor until the first show, but I appreciate when people come here to report about what they've heard. Some of it might end up being true, not doubt.

And yes, the fact that Bono said that the set-list is not done doesn't mean they have no idea at all what they're going to play, and reports of rehearsals such as this are a good indication. They are probably undecided about a few things, that's all...

Hmmm. I don't think they've figured it out yet. I hope to be a little more surprised.

djerdap said:
You forgot Bad.

Has that actually been rumoured?

And my list omits The Hands That Built America and Electrical Storm. So out of 42 (or 43) songs that are rumoured, U2 may just be playing 35 on that list - or some surprises not there! Hopefully we're in for exciting setlists!

Hopefully! I hope it's like Lovetown and no two nights are the same. All bets off.

Back
Top Bottom