Anaheim Night 2 - 4-02-2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Well, since no one has started it yet, here it is. THe show has started, but no updates on the setlist yet.

u2 tours is not doing updates, I think we have to wait until the concert is over

So far...

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day...

Hi. This is my first post. Let me see if I can do it.
Main Set: Love and Peace or Else, Vertigo, Elevation, The Cry - Electric Co., An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart, City of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day

Looks like they're mixing it up again. Reading Willie Williams tour diary today, it seems as though they're still struggling to find the right order for this material. I don't know if they're enjoying or having fun doing that....might be a behind the scenes struggle going on.

Last edited:
Updated and complete.

01. Love And Peace Or Else
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. An Cat Dubh
06. Into The Heart
07. City Of Blinding Lights
08. Beautiful Day
09. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. New Year's Day
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Running To Stand Still
15. Zoo Station
16. The Fly
17. Mysterious Ways

18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. One

21. All Because Of You
22. Yahweh
23. 40

Last edited:
The ticket line was a disaster tonight. The first 50 people got tickets at a surprise 12 o'clock drop. The next tickets did not go on same til 5pm. Only the first 20 people got tickets, then no tickets til 8pm. Another 10 people git tix, then none afterwards. No GA's were released, but the seats that were released were excellent.

Over 200 people got shut out. Unlike last night, the scalpers made out like bandits tonight. I left ticketless 15 minutes before the show. Too bad, I was going to record it with a DAT if I got good seats.

how strange that i'm losing sleep on this whole setlist thing...

I think I like this one best so far!
I prefer LAPOE to COBL for opening, and though I thought I liked the idea of MW after Elevation, I think elevation following vertigo 2-3 order sounds intriguing! And I think I *love* Cry/ Electric Co and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart following Elevation...
I bet that's bloody brilliant!

sounds like the best so far...I hope they don't blow off yahweh like they did last night..
cheers all...

Stories For Boys was played at the end of Vertigo, Blackbird at the end of Beautiful Day, The Hands That Built America at the end of Bullet The Blue Sky and Miracle Drug was dedicated the Pope.

Last edited:
Encore,

18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. One

another break

21. All Because Of You

still in progress

Last edited:
Keep mixing it up, guys... now bring on A Celebration, and I'll just keel over.

I'm glad they haven't repeated the ham-fisted insertion of With or Without You in the first part of the set. That didn't work.

ShellBeThere said:
how strange that i'm losing sleep on this whole setlist thing...

I prefer LAPOE to COBL for opening, ....

sounds like the best so far...I hope they don't blow off yahweh like they did last night..
cheers all...

Yeah I definately agree to that. Have Larry play on the kit instead of going out edge of the "bomb shell" with the tom-tom drum. I personally think the album version sounds a lot better than the live version of "Love Peace or Else"

What do you mean they blew off Yahweh? I thought they played it?

broken toy said:
Keep mixing it up, guys... now bring on A Celebration, and I'll just keel over.

I'm glad they haven't repeated the ham-fisted insertion of With or Without You in the first part of the set. That didn't work.

I think they should place that song right before 40

CDragon said:

What do you mean they blew off Yahweh? I thought they played it?

Oops, sorry... I was wrong, they played it 4/1 . I swear I saw a setlist somewhere that lopped it off, but I should have known better and doublechecked. I'm still itching for a full band version of it though!

IEdit: Thanks Slipstream for completing the update!

If they've worked out any weirdnesses with LAPOE as having okay pacing /staging as an opener, I think this is IT! I like the placement of all the mini-elements, and maybe they can mix things up a little on the zoostation/fly/mysterious ways axis with some of the AB-era stuff, or mix it up a little with the 11-14 (NYD, SBS, BTBS, RTS) section, but I like it very well thru Sometimes, and think that NYD should work well to start that wrenching over war axis. I also love RTS before Zoo Station somehow.
Then the Africa section, and closing with the personal-spiritual sequence. I like it!
I'd love to hear oots, but I can see where it might be hard to work it in...maybe in the beautiful day/ miracle drug vicinity?
And I'd love to see Crumbs tried somewhere too, maybe in the africa section, but what can you drop there? maybe move One to close and lose 40? Then the whole Everyone beginning has a counterpart "One" at the end?

now I can sleep...
cheerio all!

Last edited:
Eric G said:
I'm just curious, how much of Stories For Boys is played at the end of Vertigo?

There's a place I go when I am far away
There's a T.V. show where I can grow
Sometimes a hero takes me
Sometimes I don't let go
Hello, hello

It works beautifuly. I can't get enough of it. :)

This is tonight's full set:

Main set:
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / Hello (snippet)
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1291.html

Solid show. I was at the first show in san Diego with GA hanging out just under the speakers on TheEdges side outside the oval and thought that was a solid show and seemed pretty fresh even knowing the rehearsal setlist.

Tonight I got lucky and got in the Ellipse and caught the entire show leaning on the rair in front of the stage about 5 feet from The Edge's station. Honestly, I think tonights show was a fraction better then San Diego 1 but the audience wasn't as loud as SD and the band never really seemed to just go off into the stratosphere.

While I was a bit bummed I got the same group of songs as my first show (excepting Mysterious Ways), it was a real treat being able to focus on The Edge's playing only a couple yards away from me most of the night.

I'll have one o' my "Uber-Reviews" by tomorrow. I'm trashed right now....

T.B.

Now I know where I got the idea they didn't play Yahweh anaheim 1...
here's u2.com's set list:

Set List, Anaheim, April 1st, Show Three

Love And Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
New Year’s Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Beautiful Day
Pride In the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
Mysterious Ways
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
All Because of you
’40’

I feel a little better now knowing I hadn't hallucinated that.
cheers...

I would like to see them close with Vertigo actually.
Rarley have they closed with a fast song (Pride a couple of times on lovetown, IWF ect back in the day)

anahiem 2 much better than anahiem 1! even though i had better seats for anahiem 1, the set list and order was spectacular. i really felt it tonight, great energy. and my name was up on the screen tonight.

but for the second night in a row they left us out in the cold at the pond. saw bono pull up around 4 or so, but there was a load of people and he didnt even stop. and by the time the lights came up they were gone. i get one more chance in november. i might go to staples on the 5th or 6th, even though i dont have tickets, and see if i get any luck there with meeting them.

so can anyone claim that anaheim 2 was better than san diego 2?

zooperson said:

but for the second night in a row they left us out in the cold at the pond. saw bono pull up around 4 or so, but there was a load of people and he didnt even stop. and by the time the lights came up they were gone. i get one more chance in november. i might go to staples on the 5th or 6th, even though i dont have tickets, and see if i get any luck there with meeting them.

Hate to tell you this dude, but at about 5:40 yesterday afternoon, Bono came up the ramp where they had pulled in and signed autographs for 10 minutes or so (I got a scrap of paper signed). He also posed for a few photos. He was standing right in the front driveway of the main parking lot - it was classic seeing the expressions on poeple's faces as they drove by and realized Bono was standing in the parking lot signing for fans.

Back
Top Bottom