Achtung is back - Las Vegas 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ellay said:
U2.com claims Mysterious Ways was played for the first time since Philadelphia in May.

What a load of bollocks.

Where do they get their information from exactly?

You have got to be kidding. :banghead:

bigwali said:

oh my, sorry about that. live and learn. Next time save yourself the agony and get at least one show in the reserved seating. It gives you a break from the hassles of GA and also a different perspective. You would of liked the second show in a reserved seat. Also, if anyone has a choice between 1st and 2nd night, IMHO i would definitely choose night 2 based on this tour's setlists if your looking for variety or surprises.

I don't know what I was thinking buying GA for both nights. I guess I really didn't consider how much it was going to take out of me. I have never had GA for a U2 show, so I was really looking forward to it.

In hindsight it's easy to say I should have gone to the 2nd night show instead but what did I know? Live and learn is right. I'm over it now, I've got bigger problems like my dog ruining my wood floor and carpet in the brand new house we moved into Saturday. (That's another reason why I sold my tickets..too much going on)

I wish I could go back to Nov. 1st and start over...

karinlv said:

I don't know what I was thinking buying GA for both nights. I guess I really didn't consider how much it was going to take out of me. I have never had GA for a U2 show, so I was really looking forward to it.

In hindsight it's easy to say I should have gone to the 2nd night show instead but what did I know? Live and learn is right. I'm over it now, I've got bigger problems like my dog ruining my wood floor and carpet in the brand new house we moved into Saturday. (That's another reason why I sold my tickets..too much going on)

I wish I could go back to Nov. 1st and start over...

Oh what a bad dog! :rant:

Vegas 2: great show.

The band was clearly tired by the end of the main set, but it was a good tired. They were giving it their all.

Edge was animated all night, and seemed to be giving it that little extra. Bono... what can I say? He's been a freakin' trooper this whole tour. Probably the best live singing I've heard him do; better than '87 in many ways (he's more natural and in command now). The show-stopper notes in Sometimes and Sarajevo were right on despite his fatigue, and to my ear he nailed the "wide awakes" in a great Bad despite it being the end of a long night (and weekend).

Bono "confessed" during the encore that the band had been up late partying the night before, and was a bit gassed. Given that, I was surprised in the Zoo Fly encore; I figured they'd go for something calmer, but soulful (keeping up the vibe of a completely unbelievable One with Mary J. Blige).

Good stuff though... singing Happy Birthday to Dennis Sheehan before ABOY, then a great IALW with the kid from the Killers, and closing with the by-then mandatory Bad.

Crowd was very amped all night; much better than I'd expected based on reports of lame Vegas crowds in the past.

Ways and EOTW were a pleasant shock. Also surprising was the lack of songs from before War.

Props again to my favorite band for coming up with visually inventive shows that have real soul, spicing things up just enough to keep it interesting, allowing me to see them with good sightlines or on the floor for $60 or less, and always coming up with a "sum greater than its parts" performance.

Back
Top Bottom