Absolutely pointless set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coov

Babyface
I was thinking earlier about whether there are enough songs the band has never played to put together a whole set (just including album songs not B-sides).

Red Light
Some Days are Better than Others
Peace on Earth
Stranger in a strange land
With A Shout
Promenade
Drowning Man
Is that All
Man and a Woman
Playboy Mansion
When I look at the World
Red Hill Mining Town
Heartland

Indian Summer Sky
Acrobat
One Step Closer
The First Time (full version)

Crumbs
The Wanderer
Grace

THe problem is that there is too high a ratio of quiet/slow songs vs. uptempo stuff. If the band was really going to do this, they would have to add some uptempto B-sides and ditch some of the slower stuff. Lady with the Spinning Head and where did all go wrong would help. Electrical Storm...

Anyway, just a weird thought. Who wouldn't love a show starting out with "do do duh, do do duh, do do duh, do do duh?"

Vertigo X 2
Beautiful Day
Elevation X2
All of Passengers except YBR & Miss S.
Boomerang II

And to finish up, the obligatory encore of Vertigo X 2.

Madison Square Garden night five, anyone?

Seriously, this would be a helluva show. If U2 ever takes the Rolling Stones route of playing the occasional club show on a tour, I would totally bust this out in some small place in Dublin. The bootlegs would go through the roof.

When I Look At The World and Peace on Earth has been played (snippets at least) so this set is totally unrealistic... :wink:

I didn't count snippets. It's not playing the song in my book.

I didn't realize that Indian Summer Sky and With a Shout were played; I didn't really go through every set. I just knew they weren't in any sets I had seen.

Was Scarlet ever played? If not, it could replace With a Shout.

Back
Top Bottom