A Sort of Homecoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8rattoon

The Fly
I have never seen this live (was five yrs old during the Unforgettable Fire tour) but I imagine that this song is incredible live. I know it will never happen but I would kill to see this live on this tour (Philly 1 por favor). Is it a good live song, and does anyone know where I can find a good live recording of it?

I think the offical live release on the "Wide Awake in America" EP is as good as any bootleg version personally. They played it a couple times on Elevation, so who knows, it could pop up, you never know.

I've got a few UF shows if you want to trade or B&P rastacruz(at)yahoo.com

I enjoyed the song when I saw it live.

http://s19.youse ndit.com/d.aspx?id=2ME01J8B6SXKP178J2PHVTQP0W

three versions of it here if you're interested.
Nantes 1984 and Slaine 2001. The first is the best for sound I have and the second is possibly the best single-song performance of a song I've ever heard, even if some of the words are wrong. I think it'd make a great acoustic number personally. Oh yeah, I'm not sure where the third one's from :wink:

RA-D said:

Nantes 1984 and Slaine 2001. The first is the best for sound I have and the second is possibly the best single-song performance of a song I've ever heard, even if some of the words are wrong. I think it'd make a great acoustic number personally. Oh yeah, I'm not sure where the third one's from :wink:

Thanks!

RA-D said:

Awesome stuff, thanks! :)

I was thinking A Sort Of Homecoming really could've worked well out of Sometimes...

You know juxtaposing the end of Sometimes with the begging that is A Sort Of Homecoming. Sonically it would work well too I think.

I actuallly like the live version better than the album version, guess its just too...experimental...for my tastes. Unfortunately, the live one (at least on the EP) leaves out some of my favorite melodies (she will die and live again, and we live by the side of the road...those parts). boohoo.

doubt theyll play it this time, esp since i heard they botched it at slane1...anyone know if they played it any other times last tour, or was that occasion just for their actual "homecoming" concert?

there was once in Oakland where a fan started playing it after being invited on stage. Bono didn't remember the lyrics, of course, but did quite a good job of improvising.

That's my fourth favorite U2 song of all time. I would love to hear it played live! (Assuming the rehearsed it first, so it sounded like it did back in the day...)

Timothius, man that would be AWESOME w/ Sometimes and Homecoming together like that. Another great song off of that CD is the title track.
As I've said in other posts Homecoming, Unforgettable Fire and Ultra Violet, if I heard these once more I'd die very happy.

Back
Top Bottom