A realistic setlist for next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Although we all want them to play our favorite non tour songs like Heartland, Drowning Man, or Acrobat, we'll have to hope for songs that were once played and that can make a come back on this tour. Since they actually mixed up the setlist a tiny bit on the last tour especially on back to back nights in the same venue, here are a few possibilities..

A Pre-Unforgettable trifecta of:

Gloria-11 Oclock tick tock-Out of Control or

Electric Co.-Two Hearts-40

A Joshua Tree-UF combo:

Unforgettable Fire-Running to Stand-In gods Country or

A sort of homecoming-Mothers of the disappeared-One tree hill

ZooropaBaby special:

Dirty Day-Horses-Love is blindness

Dirty Day must come back. It completely rocked in Zoo tv and is a nice alternative to the solid but OLD Bullet the Blue Sky.

I can see Gloria/Out Of Control/11 O'clock Tick Tock, and they damn well better play 11 O'clock at at least one show I go to. I adore that song. I'm hoping The Electric Co. will make a comeback, though I wouldn't be confident. 40 should close at least some shows, and we all know it'll close the very last U2 show ever. It's the ultimate closing song.

In God's Country has a realistic chance of being played seeing they did it acoustic during Elevation. Electric would be incredible. I just hope they drop the acoustic set; that'll give more room for some of the older stuff to be played.

U2 have basically had the same "regular" songs in the 90's. I don't think they will take time out to relearn old 80's songs. While there were moments of ocassionaly playing the old songs like Out Of Control and 11 O Clock Tick Tock - they were more the exception rather than the rule.

So the setlist would basically be the same as Elevation, except that they will scrap out 3 ATYCLB songs, 3 old songs, and replace them with 6 songs from the new album. But since U2 are getting older, they might just play a shorter set and scap out 5 old songs.

So you guys hoping that U2 will clean the cobwebs and revive songs they haven't played in decades, then your assertions are unrealistic and you are dreaming on. Gloria? Two Hearts Beat As One? The Unforgettable Fire? No effing way!

Cheers,

J

I dunno Jick,

I felt the same way before the Elevation Tour and wound up hearing Out Of Control and 11 O'Clock live, and they were amazing. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Gloria and Electric Co.

jick said:

But since U2 are getting older, they might just play a shorter set and scap out 5 old songs.

Meaning: in 2010, for the last tour, Bono will pop his head out of backstage, say hello, talk one minute about AIDS (or whatever illness is pop), and... well, leave... :scratch: (but we'll be chanting "How long" anyway, I dunno why :shrug: )

ok, heres what i came up with,

songs with / next to them, should be rotated

new song
new song
even better than the real thing
mysterious ways
new song
beautiful day
until the end of the world
new song
angel of harlem/11'clock/out of control/i will follow
when love comes to town/sunday bloody sunday
new song
electrical strom(full band)/desire
stay (full band)
bad/all i want is you
bullet/streets
running to stand still/bad/all i want is you
streets
pride/still havent found
the fly/pride
---encore--
elevation/bullet/new song
new years day/gloria
one/new song
walk on/one
"40"

honeslty i just made that up then :).....and the set will most likely be completey diffrent, its really just what i would like to see at a U2 show

another thing i'd like to add, but dont know where to but is Acrobat, i'd love to hear it live, just once....even if was only a snippet during sunday bloody sunday, or bullet or something!

I posted my own thread pondering the idea of the band totally not playing anything from Boy to Achtung Baby and they seriously could do it. Play everything from Zooropa to ATYCLB and maybe some b sides and rare songs that came out in between those two albums.. And with a new album on the way imagine the possiblity of them playing at least 7 or 8 new songs off the new album, imagine what would have to be bumped off.. Since they average 20 to 22 songs a show, some things have to go.

With such an extensive catalog as they have, they seriously could drop the old favorites because they have so many good songs. Not a lot of bands could do that.

New song
New song
Elevation/Beautiful Day
The Fly/Even Better Than the Real Thing
New song
Until the End of the World
I Will Follow/New Year's Day
With or Without You/One
New song
Walk On/Kite
Lemon/Stay (Faraway So Close)/Dirty Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Discotheque/Staring at the Sun/Mofo
New song
Desire
New song
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
(Intermission)
Mysterious Ways
New song
Obscurity (Gloria/Tick Tock/Out of Control/Heartland/Acrobat, etc.)
Bullet the Blue Sky
New song

Last edited:
Wow, those are some great ideas. I think U2 will surprise us with some of their choices with their setlist. Understand that the music from the new album will influence the new setlist, so I don't believe anything is set in stone at this time.

Hope they 'll play e revisited version of
Lady With The Spinning Head...it would fit in well, i guess...

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Even though some people dont like it, I like u2's "set" setlist but I think they should change it up a little. I say keep the same style but have one song a night that they totally change it up with and play a very rare live song. In this slot they could play songs like:

Exit/Gloria/Electric Co/Ultraviolet/11 O'Clock Tick Tock

these songs would make the crowd crazy and support the supposed new "harder-edge" album. A couple more things I would change from recent tours:

1)Play BTBS every other concert or something, EVERY night gets to be too much, especially because it wasnt even a single off the JT. The only non-single that u2 should play every night is UTEOTW, which is incredible and one of their best live songs. Besides, UTEOTW leaking into "New Years Day'" has become a staple for me with u2 concerts.

2)Play "I Will Follow" and "SBS" every night, the hell with it. Both are amazing live songs and crowd pleasers.

3.) Shortern the acoustic set of the concert a little bit. During the second leg of the Elevation tour in the US, it was a bit too long.

4.) "The Fly" didnt make a cameo on Popmart, and it was on the Elevation tour , but dissappeared from the last leg. Bring it back and play it at least 2 out of every 3 shows.

thats all i can think of right now :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom