6 AB songs=best setlist of tour...and other thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
Until, One, Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, and friggin' Love is Blindness....all in one show...are you kidding me? I cannot wait to see this show in 3D at an Imax theatre.
Hmm, it seems as if there are eight songs from the 80s; 8 songs from the 90s; and, 8 songs from 00s. Is this a coincidence or planned for the shoot?
Seriously, Argentina may have gone through a eight year spell without U2 live, but damn did they get a special setlist.

March 01, 2006 / Buenos Aires, Argentina
Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, The First Time (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Fast Cars, Yahweh, All I Want Is You, Love Is Blindness

Fast Cars proshot:drool:, someone better have their DVD recorder left on tomorrow!

I'm interested to know if this changes Axver's "no new after South America" theory?

PS: Wrong forum

6 from Achtung = too much from Achtung.

RA-D said:
I'm interested to know if this changes Axver's "no new after South America" theory?

Nope, because that wasn't my theory. I said that the last chance for anything new to debut on tour (except for anything impromptu a la Desire in Sao Paulo) is when U2 hit Australia. Past the two Melbourne shows, I really struggle to see anything debuting as there will only be five shows left.

regarding your post-script: you think i should've posted this in the setlist forum? I just figured because at least one of my questions seemed more like a general question it could go here...i'll let the mods do what they will

Axver said:
Past the two Melbourne shows, I really struggle to see anything debuting as there will only be five shows left.

I see it as the exact opposite. They know they won't be touring for a few years, so they'll want to pull out some tracks that they haven't yet.

Some pics from the show last night... from La Nacion newspaper:

494630.JPG

494587.JPG

494586.JPG

494548.JPG

494556.JPG

The audio & video of this show will be to die for! Holy crap!!

i still can't get over that there are 6 AB songs, and only 5 HTDAAB songs. Seems odd to me.

Then again, not exactly complaining, but would it kill them to take out UTEOTW and replace it with Electric Co again, at least to balance things a bit. And for fear of being beaten, I think they should bring back Miracle Drug. :ohmy:

~A.j.~

fandangamoq said:
i still can't get over that there are 6 AB songs, and only 5 HTDAAB songs. Seems odd to me.

Then again, not exactly complaining, but would it kill them to take out UTEOTW and replace it with Electric Co again, at least to balance things a bit. And for fear of being beaten, I think they should bring back Miracle Drug. :ohmy:

~A.j.~
well, if you count fast cars as a Bomb song then they played 6 from that album too

I was never a huge fan of Zoo Station or Mysterious Ways until I heard them live this tour. Completely eclipsed Until the End of the World, until Edge decided to start standing on Larry's drumkit during the final half-minute or so.

Unbelievable. Take away One and you couldn't get any better unless you added a Popmart-esque EBTTRT (with ZooTV-esque BUT YOU HAVEN'T COME ALL THE WAY OUT HERE TO WATCH TV NOW HAVE YA?!, regardless of the fact that there is no TV anywhere). And then... oh, not getting off on a setlist creation tangent now.

Man, MOTD and LIB? Amazing, now we need some One Tree Hill and Van Diemen's Land love in Australia and New Zealand.

I am downloading the Santiago boot as we speak!!!

blueyedpoet said:

well, if you count fast cars as a Bomb song then they played 6 from that album too

But I don't, because even Bono says that its an obscure song from some forgotten copy of Bomb. As it stands, even a 6-6 split is a little sad. I mean, this is the Vertigo tour, not, "wow, every seemed to love that Achtung Baby album, so lets promote that instead."

Obscure song from some forgotten copy of Bomb? :ohmy:

Fast Cars is a standard on the album's release in the UK. I regard it as a Bomb song. Would looooooooooooooove to hear it live!

:rockon:

BigMacPhisto said:

I see it as the exact opposite. They know they won't be touring for a few years, so they'll want to pull out some tracks that they haven't yet.

Same here. And if they took out MOTD for South America, take OTH for New Zealand, why not dreaming of Bono singing Ito Okashi in Yokohama ?

Geez, I WAS AT THAT 1/3 SHOW!! And ye, freakin amazing!!! Nevertheless, and taking into consideration I was DUMB during the whole show, U2 tours put some songs as encores when they actually weren't :shrug:

This setlist is more accurate:

Argentina I

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
The First Time
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock the Casbah / Father Abraham
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo / When Johnny Comes Marching Home / The Hands That Built America
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Fast Cars
Yahweh
All I Want Is You/Love Is Blindness

I feel so blessed... LOVE IS BLINDNESS!! :drool: :drool:

I know they played Mothers on the 2nd night, but I must admit I'd rather have this setlist :D

Back
Top Bottom