2006 Tour Rehearsals....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not be surprised if we got longer sets with complete songs taking the place of snippets. Some of the Eurigo shows had 24 songs, including snippets, whereas most third leg shows registered around 21, including snippets.

I do expect at least two new songs aside from One Tree Hill and Mothers of the Disappeared. Specifically, I guess Mofo and Walk On (electric, full band).

WOW

I am going to see u2 1st date in Monterrey, Mex. and I hope they play any of the following:

ZOOROPA (wich i really doubt they will play ever again )
WHOS GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES (mmm, maybe)
ULTRAVIOLET (damn if they play it i should go out and buy a lottery ticket for sure i'll be the next millionare)

i really hope to hear any of these ones.....

i'll sumerge myself in a bottle of tequila if i hear any chord of that tunes....
:drool:

Yes, the B stage acoustic set throughout the Zoo stadium shows was a complete disaster! :laugh: :wink:

Only joking, I know what you are saying though. But it can be pulled of if done properly and in the right spot in the setlist.

Blue Room said:
Yes, the B stage acoustic set throughout the Zoo stadium shows was a complete disaster! :laugh: :wink:

Maybe not a complete disaster, but I personally don't think it was a good idea at all, and was even worse on Popmart.

But I just don't like acoustic versions as I feel it's watering down the song.

I think certain songs like Staring at the Sun or Yahweh work well acoustically. It's not that different from the actual song.
But that doesn't mean I wanna hear it at a rock show.
Save it for VH1 Storytellers, or the 2014 tour.

Axver said:

Maybe not a complete disaster, but I personally don't think it was a good idea at all, and was even worse on Popmart.

Axver which Zoo shows did you attend? Everyone I went with loved the acoustic part of the Zoo show. It worked VERY well on that tour, fit the setlist flow perfectly. Plus the B stage concept was a fairly new one at that point. Gave the show a more intimate feeling even though the production was over the top. Most fans and critics loved it back then. I agree it didnt work as well on Popmart. But it was a great idea at the time. I guess thats the problem, they need to come up with some new ideas. :shrug:

I hoping that the realize what a wonderful song One Tree Hill is in New Zealand and keep it in the set for Hawaii :drool:

I'll probably hear Vertigo x2 - but honestly I don't care

nurse chrissi said:
I hoping that the realize what a wonderful song One Tree Hill is in New Zealand and keep it in the set for Hawaii :drool:

I'll probably hear Vertigo x2 - but honestly I don't care

:up: That would be my feeling also if I was going to Hawaii to see U2. What a great trip! Have fun (like I even need to say that!)

Yea i haven't really heard the acoustic section of zoo tv and it probably was great and thats alright but the acoustic songs they're playing besides yahweh are not really stadium acoustic songs i didn't like staring at the sun on elevation for the same reason but saying that i won't care if they play acoustic songs in the set but i'd just rather them not ... but I'M GOING TO SEE U2 IN MARCH AND I CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER

MTEdge said:
I would not be surprised if we got longer sets with complete songs taking the place of snippets. Some of the Eurigo shows had 24 songs, including snippets, whereas most third leg shows registered around 21, including snippets.

I do expect at least two new songs aside from One Tree Hill and Mothers of the Disappeared. Specifically, I guess Mofo and Walk On (electric, full band).

Milan had 25 :dance:

I doubt the shows on the 4th leg - stadium shows - will consist of more than one acoustic song (Yahweh) as I don't think it'd have the same atmosphere to arenas, particularly nearing the end. Mid-show a-la ZooTV would make more sense for acoustic songs though.

jackbauer said:
I doubt the shows on the 4th leg - stadium shows - will consist of more than one acoustic song (Yahweh) as I don't think it'd have the same atmosphere to arenas, particularly nearing the end. Mid-show a-la ZooTV would make more sense for acoustic songs though.

Have you heard the acoustic versions of MOTD played on the POP tours in stadiums? They worked.

It is a definite possibility - if you see what I mean.

jeffreynosa said:
WOW

I am going to see u2 1st date in Monterrey, Mex. and I hope they play any of the following:

ZOOROPA (wich i really doubt they will play ever again )
WHOS GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES (mmm, maybe)
ULTRAVIOLET (damn if they play it i should go out and buy a lottery ticket for sure i'll be the next millionare)

i really hope to hear any of these ones.....

i'll sumerge myself in a bottle of tequila if i hear any chord of that tunes....
:drool:

He he!! I' am going too... the biggest ones that I want to hear are:

Ultraviolet (indeed)
Hold me Thrill Me.... (Popmart Mexico 97 WOW!!!!! big sound!!)
Bad
All I Want is You (Slane 01)

That's daydreaming i guess but anyway ... hehehe

Vertigo Outdoors here we goooo!!!

T - 28 DAYS... AND COUNTING!!!

Don't think any rehearsal has gone down so far, looks like Edge has been in the States most of this break, and Bono has been in Dublin and, reportedly, Australia. And Adam and Larry are in hiding. :wink: And Bono's going speechifying next week for a week or two. Looks like all rehearsal is going to take place the week of February 4-11, let's see what they can work up in a week... ;)

U2mixer said:

Have you heard the acoustic versions of MOTD played on the POP tours in stadiums? They worked.

It is a definite possibility - if you see what I mean.
they weren't acoustic.

Nisse said:

they weren't acoustic.

No, but they were completely stripped down. Same principal as it being acoustic. Edge playing the riff and Bono singing over it only. Which I think was the point. They could do something similiar to that (acoustic or electric) fairly easily.

i think they're only going to add one tree hill and mothers and i don't think anything new will show up and i think they'll both replace miss sarajevo but I don't care because i'm going to see U2 in 68 days lol :D:D:D

Last edited:
I expect the sets to follow the Leg 2 sets.......that's what worked well in that setting and they'll stick with it. I would bet money on "One Tree Hill" showing up at a NZ show.....the anniversary timed with the area (and the fact that I saw them snippet it after "One" in Oakland) seems to all add up.

I seriously doubt that One Tree Hill or Mothers Of The Disappeared will show up at all.

In general, I think the set lists will be very similar to those played on the European leg with maybe Crumbs From Your Table showing up at the odd date. If something 'new' turns up, great, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

Just my opinion.....

neilm said:
I seriously doubt that One Tree Hill or Mothers Of The Disappeared will show up at all.

In general, I think the set lists will be very similar to those played on the European leg with maybe Crumbs From Your Table showing up at the odd date. If something 'new' turns up, great, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

Just my opinion.....

Really? You dont think they will at least snippet One Tree Hill in New Zealand? I think that is fairly likely as they have already snippeted One Tree Hill on Vertigo. I would say there is about a 90% chance One Tree Hill is snippeted in New Zealand.

Blue Room said:

Really? You dont think they will at least snippet One Tree Hill in New Zealand? I think that is fairly likely as they have already snippeted One Tree Hill on Vertigo. I would say there is about a 90% chance One Tree Hill is snippeted in New Zealand.

Sorry Blue Roon, I should have made myself a bit clearer. I meant a full band rendition of either song, which I don't think is going to happen. I'd probably agree with a snippet of One Tree Hill though.

neilm said:

Sorry Blue Roon, I should have made myself a bit clearer. I meant a full band rendition of either song, which I don't think is going to happen. I'd probably agree with a snippet of One Tree Hill though.

Yes, I agree with you on that.

I HAVE THE SETLIST FOR AZTECA!

MOFO
VERTIGO
SHOW ME THE WAY
BYE BYE BABY
DONT BELIEVE A WORD
STORIES FOR BOYS
TWILIGHT
THE SPEED OF LIFE
BOY GIRL
THE DREAM IS OVER
PARTY GIRL
GONE
ACROBAT
ULTRA VIOLET
ELECTRICAL STORM
----------------
STREETS
EXIT
UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
FIRE
BE THERE
ELEVATION
WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD
-------------------------------
WIRE
OUT OF CONTROL
ANOTHER DAY
--------------
--------------------
MERCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2 ATHENS

ARMEGE LAGOUS KAI KOUREVE HELONES.

One thing I will say about the acoustic set of the Vertigo tour... it was pretty good song selection. I mean, we didn't get the same old tired acoustic versions of "Staring at the sun", "Desire", "Angel of Harlem" or "Stay".

What we got was "The first time" which had never been played live before. "Stuck in a moment" which was done beautifully, with Adam and Larry pickign it up at the end. "Who's gonna ride your wild horses" was cool because Adam and Larry played along too. "Yahweh" acoustic... need I say more?? I know they played "Walk On" acoustic on this tour but I never saw that.

The_acrobat said:
One thing I will say about the acoustic set of the Vertigo tour... it was pretty good song selection. I mean, we didn't get the same old tired acoustic versions of "Staring at the sun", "Desire", "Angel of Harlem" or "Stay".

What we got was "The first time" which had never been played live before. "Stuck in a moment" which was done beautifully, with Adam and Larry pickign it up at the end. "Who's gonna ride your wild horses" was cool because Adam and Larry played along too. "Yahweh" acoustic... need I say more?? I know they played "Walk On" acoustic on this tour but I never saw that.

Great points !!

the accoustic selection of tunes was suprising and a good addition

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom