(04-20-05)-Denver, Colorado- Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
She's A Mystery To Me

encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Bad and Please every night pleeeeease! .....and I hope Zoo Station's still around by the time they reach the UK.

She's A Mystery To Me? Isn't that a quite rocking song? To end the main set?

Hmm. Don't like it.
Don't like covers in general... except if it's Satellite Of Love.

God Part III said:
She's A Mystery To Me? Isn't that a quite rocking song? To end the main set?

Hmm. Don't like it.
Don't like covers in general... except if it's Satellite Of Love.

I am thinking that it is (She's a) Mystery Girl. It is the song that Bono and Edge wrote for Roy Orbison, well it is on his final album. Also, this song is not a rocking song, it is quite mellow.

Kev

It was only a snippet....i couldnt beleive how rock n roll electric co was. usually for the most part edge doesnt move aruond a whole lot but he was JAMMIN out on the elipse.

I wouldn't have called it a "snippet" they ended One and then played a verse of She's A Mystery. There was a stop between the end of One and the beginning of She's A Mystery. At least that's how my Guinness clouded mind remembers. :)

Sounded like he tried to snippet in some lyrics from Rain by the Beatles at the end of Beautiful Day in place of Blackbird.

Hopefully Bad tonight!

Last edited:
Bean_Counter said:

I am thinking that it is (She's a) Mystery Girl. It is the song that Bono and Edge wrote for Roy Orbison, well it is on his final album. Also, this song is not a rocking song, it is quite mellow.

Kev

The first guy got the title right - it's "She's A Mystery To Me".

mkdominatr said:
It was only a snippet....i couldnt beleive how rock n roll electric co was. usually for the most part edge doesnt move aruond a whole lot but he was JAMMIN out on the elipse.

I swear to god someone posted this exact same comment after one of the San Diego shows... or else I'm having full on deja vu. But it's so true -- he was totally jamming out.

It was all very exciting. *understatement of the year*

She's a mystery to me is one of the best tunes that U2 have made ever.
It's a great song and i can´t hardly understand why the band gave it to Roy Orbison. This song would had been one of the best singles of the band.

Can you imagine this Rattle and Hum??

Desire.
Van Diemens land
Hawkmoon 269
Silver and gold
She's a mystery to me
Angel of harlem
Love rescue me
When love comes to town
Heartland
God Part II
All i want is you.

Fuckin awesome

:drool:

She's a Mystery to Me was more than a snippet and it segued quite nicely from One. It was a nice surprise. :up:

they played she's a mystery (i think) because there was this girl in the ellipse who had a sign that said "play she's a mystery for me on my birthday"

also, we got to know the little kid they pulled on stage during cobl. his name was nick, and he said the sweetest thing ever while we were in line, "bono is me and my dad's friend. we don't know him, but he's our friend."

They played that 1-verse version of She's a Mystery to Me on Elevation tour a fair bit...they did at my show anyway (Hartford). Sort of like the Unchained Melody bits they play...less than a song, more than a snippet. We should have a name for that no?

And if you haven't heard a full-band version of She's a Mystery... I highly recommend tracking down 1989-12-30 Dublin "At The Eleventh Hour", the version on that boot is fantastic...one of the best boots ever, despite the dropouts in Bullet :(

Heehee! The "birthday girl" who requested "She's a Mystery To Me" was me, and I (and others) seriously did not think they would do it!!!!

I've been a Roy Orbison fan since 1977. Two members of my favorite group ever wrote a song that my favorite solo vocalist ever (whose fan club I once operated) recorded, so that song has a special meaning to me.

I wish U2 had also recorded it as a full recording (not just as a demo). For that matter, my ultimate dream would have been if U2 and Roy had done it together, a la U2/Johnny Cash "The Wanderer." That would have been awesome!!

Hey U2Sadie, you out there?? :D

And Matt, how'd your pictures turn out from Denver 1 and 2?

P. S. "This girl"?? Thanks for the compliment! I'll go for that! HEE HEE!!!

Back
Top Bottom