From Patti Smith to Kanye West -- U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
From Patti Smith to Kanye West

Lowdown on very cool line-up of acts playing with U2 in the next few months.

We already reported that Dashboard Confessional will be opening for the first shows in Toronto – now we can confirm that they’ll be staying on the road with U2 for shows in Chicago (Sep 21 and 22), Minneapolis (Sep 23) and Milwaukee (Sep 25).

Then Keane, who played with U2 during the summer in Europe, will get on board the Vertigo train. The English band will play shows in Boston (October 3/4) and New York’s Madison Square Garden (October 7th-14th).

When U2 return to Madison Square Garden (November 21st/22nd) the legendary Patti Smith will be performing with them.

And the final confirmed news on support acts is that Arcade Fire will open when the band return to Canada for shows in Ottawa (Nov 25th) and Montreal (Nov 26/28th)

More news on who is playing where and when with U2 this Fall as we get it. But that’s a pretty cool start!

--U2.com

I've noticed that they've posted opening acts for dates both before and after the Philadelphia shows. Any clues/rumors as to who the Philly opener will be?????????:hmm:

WHO THE HELL IS OPENING IN HOUSTON!

Can it really be so difficult to say who is opening in Houston? Unless it's Kanye or Dash(bored) Confessional or My Chemical Romance. If that is the case (one of those three opening) then I might as well show up an hour late. I don't even want to know if it is one of those three or anyone similar to them. Give me Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand. Hell, even give me someone unmentioned so far like Mars Volta or BRMC or the Shins. Better yet, get Arcade Fire to leave Canada for one night! But please, PLEASE, NO EMO!

Re: WHO THE HELL IS OPENING IN HOUSTON!

soonerfan61 said:
Can it really be so difficult to say who is opening in Houston? Unless it's Kanye or Dash(bored) Confessional or My Chemical Romance. If that is the case (one of those three opening) then I might as well show up an hour late. I don't even want to know if it is one of those three or anyone similar to them. Give me Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand. Hell, even give me someone unmentioned so far like Mars Volta or BRMC or the Shins. Better yet, get Arcade Fire to leave Canada for one night! But please, PLEASE, NO EMO!

GO UCLA!!

Hey, let's leave football out of this please! Leave me alone now as I go lick my wounds!

Seriously though, anyone with news on the Houston show? :banghead:

Last edited:
zooropa83 said:
I've noticed that they've posted opening acts for dates both before and after the Philadelphia shows. Any clues/rumors as to who the Philly opener will be?????????:hmm:

This is killing me too. I check everyday to see if they named an opening band for Philly.

I have to admit that my real problem is not neccessarily with Kanye's music. The few times I've listened to Kanye he hasn't impressed me much because I haven't been impressed by rap for probably ten to fifteen years. The newer one is OK, I've heard it a few times. And, although he made a snap, asinine statement about Bush hating poor blacks (is he Farrakhan now?) it's not even because of that. The biggest reason I'm pissed off about the opening acts on this current leg is that they had such a great lineup on both the first U.S. leg and the European leg of the tours! I would pay to go to a headlining concert by most of those bands: KOL, Franz Ferdinand, the Killers, etc. I would love to see the Arcade Fire, but apparently they are too scared to leave Canada or U.S. states that border Canada, so they're out. So we have Junior Gong opening for us in Houston. I admit he's not the worst--in an effort to enjoy his set I've downloaded a few of his songs--and he's not too bad. It just pisses me off that I could have seen bands that I already love and I'm stuck with some guy I didn't even know existed until he was announced. And I'm thankful we didn't get Kanye in Houston.:huh:

And your point is? George Bush is a neo fascist who does not only care about black people, he does not care about anyone who is not whiteanyone

Back
Top Bottom