Exclusive: U2 Tour To Kick Off March 1 - Billboard - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #21
Babyface

Local Time: 02:31 PM
I guess you missed the heartspace of the Elevation tour. Give me a GA space in front of U2 anyday. Let me dance freely with them. Keep the seats for yourself and have a great show!

Old 11-23-2004, 07:06 PM   #22
Babyface

Local Time: 04:31 PM
Re: Exclusive: U2 Tour To Kick Off March 1 - Billboard

I like your LOTR avatar. I am a huge fan myself:-)

Peace,
Brenda

Old 11-24-2004, 02:43 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:31 AM
it's less massive than i thought
Old 11-24-2004, 03:25 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 06:31 PM
any guess when they'll be in NY?
Old 11-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lukea
No guesses required- the same venue where they ended the tour last time, American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. It won't be the arena in Sunrise, FL (arena is booked 2/27, and U2 will still be rehearsing that day)
But U2 didnt rehearse at the arena in Sunrise either for Elevation. So it being booked for 2/27 is not an indicator. I wont be suprised if its either arena really. I'm pretty sure though they will rehearse at the same place they did last time which is the old Miami Arena.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:54 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl91289
any guess when they'll be in NY?
Do you really need to guess? MSG

Anyway, dont count on GA ticketing this tour either, nothing is a given. Hell, this could be the most expensive tour in the history of concerts for all we know.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:51 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino
thanks for your interest, and your creative English/spelling.
This is the second time I've seen you insult somebody's English.

On an international forum, this is LAME, LAME, LAME.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:43 AM   #28
Acrobat

Location: Chicago till July, then moving to Belfast for grad school
Re: Exclusive: U2 Tour To Kick Off March 1 - Billboard

Ok call me an idealistic college radio-listening nutjob, but couldn't they avoid Clear Channel? I can't imagine the band agrees with anything Clear Channel stands for--and by that I mean censorhip and conservatism, among other reprehensible b.s. U2 shows sell out almost instantaneously, so I don't think promotion is really a problem that the band has.....

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
[B]

The upcoming trek will be promoted by Clear Channel Entertainment's TNA International, which is spearheaded by president Arthur Fogel. U2's 2001 tour, also promoted by Fogel, grossed $104 million from 106 shows worldwide, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #29
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Ticket prices for U2 Tour 2005

I ran across this tidbit in one of my messages from another U2list
about ticket prices, since I am new to all this stuff-I have no idea
where they got the info, so take it for what's worth:

"At the moment, it appears that U.S. pricing will be approximately
$125 for
lower deck and $45 for the GA floor and upper deck. It may vary a
bit from city"
Old 11-28-2004, 09:32 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Here's the deal. I want to go to the Miami concert because my friends in the States live there and that's cheaper to fly to from Honduras.

I have never been to a U2 concert nor have I ever even dreamt of going to one but now I will do my best effort to see them.

Are the tickets on sale yet? Where? I don't want to stay out.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:06 PM   #31
Babyface

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Larnyboy - Have you ever been to a show in the U.S.? Are the restrictions you're referring to about how many people can be jammed into a given square foot place? bringing stuff into the show? At least we don't have to stand in the rain for hours on end, which we did at some shows in the U.K. Don't go talking about things you know nothing about, and what's up with your spelling of amurica? hmmm...
Old 11-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #32
Babyface

Local Time: 10:31 PM
they should do 12 shows in australia
Old 11-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #33
The Fly

Local Time: 11:31 PM
My God.
Such bickering.
Have you ever heard of 'attack the post, not the poster'.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #34
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Cheryl
Larnyboy - Have you ever been to a show in the U.S.? Are the restrictions you're referring to about how many people can be jammed into a given square foot place? bringing stuff into the show? At least we don't have to stand in the rain for hours on end, which we did at some shows in the U.K. Don't go talking about things you know nothing about, and what's up with your spelling of amurica? hmmm...

Beacause love its a Mur of a place i can say what i like because ive got my freedom,the rain aint bad ,u dry out ,u see we havent got them super astro sky view Blowme Domes over here ,we like to keep in touch with the bands
Thank u annndddd good night
ps. i have been to some shows in the good ole US of A and ya beer taste like PISS,
Detroit where the Pistons play ,i thought it was a POO POO place
Hay but if u like it Ches ,u go girl
Old 11-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #35
Babyface

Old 11-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #36
Babyface

Old 11-30-2004, 10:41 PM   #37
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by bono001

yeah your right ,stop repeating i get the message

ah harrrr

No they should do more than 12 shows
Old 12-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #38
The Fly

when do the tickets go on sale?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:06 AM   #39
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:31 PM
Elevation tour had close to 80 dates in North America. The United States has the two of the largest metropolitan areas in the world, NY and Los Angeles.

(http://geography.about.com/library/weekly/aa072897.htm)

75 percent of the US population lives within a days drive of each other. (and the other 25 percent are all within a day or so on the West Coast) That is something like 210 million people. Not counting Canada. Most new US arenas actually sound good (i.e. LA Staples, Boston Fleet) and U2 has historically toured very heavily in the US. I understand the EU point of view, but I would be hard pressed to believe that U2 could sell out (or book) 80 European shows (each holding on the avg of 20,000) in one year. Does anyone tour that heavily in Europe? Madonna didn't, McCartney didn't, maybe I am wrong. Just doesn't seem like much of a debate.

Hum hum......let me just say that the only non-soldout date of the Elevation Tour was in the US..... it was short of 1500 people...
Anyway, it's not a a question of who is better or not, but when you say that 80 dates in Europe couldn't be sold out, it is totally wrong. In 2001 U2 returned to Zurich for the first time since 1993 and U2 was planned to play 1 show the 23 rd of July..... it sold out in 4 minutes and nobody I know could get tickets. They finally put another extra show the day after that sold out in 8 minutes...... 30 000 tickets in 12 minutes........ they could have sold probably more than 80 000 just in Switzerland..... and we are only 7 million.....

U2 plays more in the US, does SNL, surprise concert in NY and stuff like that because they have an obsession about the US and want to conqueer it! However, when I was in New Orleans ,La in 1997, the Popmart concert in the Superdome was half full..... the saddest show ever probably...... it never happened in Europe, as I know.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:03 PM   #40
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahweh_OMG
U2 plays more in the US, does SNL, surprise concert in NY and stuff like that because they have an obsession about the US and want to conqueer it! However, when I was in New Orleans ,La in 1997, the Popmart concert in the Superdome was half full..... the saddest show ever probably...... it never happened in Europe, as I know.
Actually, I believe U2 had appalling attendance in Germany during Popmart. Their European attendance record isn't perfect either.

I think we need to remember two things:
1. U2 can't tour if they don't make a profit. Well, they could fund it out of their back pocket, but who's going to do that? Touring is about making a profit.
2. U2 have such a large fan base that they cannot satisfy all of it. While I am a bit resentful that they devote so much time to the US, I am thankful I will be able to travel there to see shows, and furthermore, I can understand why, as the US is the most profitable market in the world. At least they are satisfying SOME of their fanbase, which is better than sitting on their arses in Dublin and not talking to anyone.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog