(03-06-2005) Scoop! They're Coming Back in the Fall - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Scoop! They're Coming Back in the Fall

The band are set to announce tomorrow that they are adding 33 more dates to their 'Vertigo//2005' World Tour.

Beginning in Toronto on September 12, the tour will continue into December finishing in Portland on the 19th.

With the first show in San Diego just weeks away, U2 are set to be on the road just about non-stop until the end of the year.

And we can reveal that on this third leg of Vertigo 2005, they will play 3 shows at Madison Square Garden and 2 shows in Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Boston.

As well as this, new dates have been confirmed in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Washington, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Ottawa, Montreal, Hartford, Buffalo, Cleveland, St. Louis, Omaha, Salt Lake City and Portland.

"We're really looking forward to this tour," said manager Paul McGuinness. "The show looks and sounds fantastic, its going to be a great year".

To see the complete list of new dates and cities in North America this Autumn, click here

Tickets for all additional performances will go on sale in the next few weeks. General admission floor tickets remain $49.50 (plus applicable service fees) and are limited to 2 per person. Additional reserved seat tickets prices vary according to market. There is an 8 ticket limit per person with a maximum purchase of 2 general admission floor tickets.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1349

So, almost twice as much shows in North America than in Europe (and maybe I'm wrong, but no shows in South America and Africa?).
General admission for floor tickets $49,50?! That's about €35 or something like that. So why is the general admission in The Netherlands about €65 (= about $70?)?

VakZ said:
So, almost twice as much shows in North America than in Europe (and maybe I'm wrong, but no shows in South America and Africa?).
General admission for floor tickets $49,50?! That's about €35 or something like that. So why is the general admission in The Netherlands about €65 (= about $70?)?

Because we get bigger and better shows!!!! :wink:

BTW, GA tickets for Amsterdam cost € 69,- + 4,50 Ticketmaster shit = € 73,50 which is $ 98,63 :ohmy: :eyebrow: :huh:

The shows better be bigger and better then!!!

Vorsprung said:

The shows better be bigger and better then!!!
Well, I really hope so for you. Won't be there or anywhere to visit a show. I've had it with these prices so after 25 years following U2 so for now their last show at Slane Castle is the last I've attended.
Hmmz, mayby I'm just getting to old or something:wink: .

No, you're just getting grouchy. And who cares if they play more shows here in the states than the EU? It's been that way for years.
:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom