(01-27-2005) Breaking News! New Shows, North America. - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Breaking News! New Shows, North America.

U2 are hoping to return to North America for more shows this Autumn - and rollover dates for the first North American leg are also on the cards.

While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows.

There has been a phenomenal demand for the 'Vertigo 2005 Tour' presale on both sides of the Atlantic.

In North America - where venues are indoor and have a smaller capacity - most fans have succeeded in getting their tickets but some venues , notably the New York Madison Square Garden show, have reached their presale capacity.

Fans may choose a different US venue but Paul McGuuinness, U2's manager, has told U2.Com, 'We are sorry that presale tickets for the Madison Square Garden show have sold out but it is the band's intention to play more shows at Madison Square Garden in the Autumn.'

Thanks for your patience - and our apologies again.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1305

HelloAngel said:
Breaking News! New Shows, North America.

.....We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows.

What about subscribers who didn't get their first choice of venue and opted to buy tickets at another arena!?:confused:

Re: Re: (01-27-2005) Breaking News! New Shows, North America. - U2.com

justinb914 said:

What about subscribers who didn't get their first choice of venue and opted to buy tickets at another arena!?:confused:

I don't think they much care... What about fans that accepted crap tickets as opposed to no tickets?

I SURE HOPE THEY DO A 3RD LEG. I'M GETTING TICKETS FOR THAT ONE AS WELL. SAN JOSE SUNDAY, APRIL 10TH. GREAT SEATS, THANK YOU TICKETMASTER! GOT A GREAT REP.

I also agree. why is it that the GA's get the goods. I think the people (like me) who are willing to pay big $$$$ for the tickets should get front row. Put seats in GA and let those who will pay for them get them! I have nothing against the GA ppl. but for someone like me, I'm willing to pay $300.+ for front row!

New shows in North America/US

I have a question: Since I tried and tried to become a member of U2.com well before the deadline, which was January 24th, to be able to get first dibs on tickets before they went on sale to the general public, but was unable, since it wouldn't accept any username I wrote in (unauthorized characters), why shouldn't I be able to join now (assuming it works) and get first dibs on tickets for the third leg of the Vertigo tour, since these dates have neither been announced nor ticktes sold to it yet? Questions to U2.com remain unanswered, so I'm trying to get answers via this forum. Thank you.

Delila

Paying big $$$ for GA tickets

Maybe you're able to afford 300 bucks for a ticket, but not everybody else is. If I could afford it, I'd pay it, too.

Delila

Does anybody know when they are coming south....Atlanta? I have read about some time in the fall. Does anyone know for sure. I will be moving there...had to miss the San Diego show.

annie

U2 tour

As far as I know U2 will do the southeastern states on the third leg of their tour, they better! LOL! But these dates haven't been announced yet. Tickets will go on sale after they get announced. So why can't I join U2.com now to get early dibs on those tix?

Delila

Back
Top Bottom